BC Transit - Nanaimo

Looking at the Nanaimo Wiki page, I see that it shows #9260 as no longer in the Nanaimo fleet: http://cptdb.ca/wiki/index.php?title=Nanaimo_Regional_Transit_System . But last month on April 22, 2014, I photographed #9260 in service while I was there. Was it transferred out shortly after? Also to note, that was the only Nova I saw in Nanaimo during my short visit in Nanaimo.

220414-5760nanaimo9260.jpg

Looking at the Nanaimo Wiki page, I see that it shows #9260 as no longer in the Nanaimo fleet: http://cptdb.ca/wiki/index.php?title=Nanaimo_Regional_Transit_System . But last month on April 22, 2014, I photographed #9260 in service while I was there. Was it transferred out shortly after? Also to note, that was the only Nova I saw in Nanaimo during my short visit in Nanaimo.

I have heard from more than one source that all their Novas will be moved out - that was probably one of the few remnants as they got more of the CNG fleet on the road.

They reportedly have 21 heavy duty vehicles in the fleet not including the new CNGs. All of their remaining D40LFs total up to 21. (8116-8117, 9718, 9724-9725, 9727-9737, 9815-9816, 9845-9846, 9891) -any active '94s would be Contingency at this point

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Good to see the new XN40's in service. I've seen a few of them in the last couple of days. I'm hoping to photograph some myself in the next few days. I caught 1028 this morning at Departure Bay Ferry Terminal. I'll upload that photo and hopefully others tomorrow.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Was surprised to see 8070 parked in what appeared to be an active row at the garage today. My guess is that it is in place for the 4 bus expansion that begins tomorrow until something else can be allocated (9831-9833 + 8070).

On the other hand, if it never sees service it probably was sent up to be a parts bus for their aging D40LF fleet. A number 95s around the province have been earmarked to exist for a bit longer for this purpose as the rest are decommissioned, cannibalized, and sent to scrap. I've adjusted the wiki to show it being active again until someone can confirm its status.

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Fare changes are coming to the Naniamo:

https://bctransit.com/*/news/article?nid=1403647055522

Option 1: There are no changes to the adult cash and ticket fares, though all the monthly passes and day pass fares will see slight reductions. While the monthly pass price for university students increases, the price of a semester pass is reduced.

Option 2: This option seeks to increase transit user contributions by increasing all fare types with a slight reduction to senior/youth monthly passes and day passes. The cash fare will be increased to $3.00.

Option 3: This option maximizes transit user contributions by increasing all fare types with the exception of adult day passes.

I have say the first two options are reasonable for the public to support. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2017-05-10 at 6:51 PM, Blue Bus Fan said:

8117 is the only D40LF left in the Regional Nanaimo Transit System and it is used on rare occasionally, I am getting this from post on another forum that I am on. 

9735 was also there today. Not sure if it is used or not though? 

On 2017-05-10 at 7:11 PM, Matt Dunlop said:

How are those CNGs? Are they solid? Better quality and a Nova diesel? Are they Voith or ZF transmissions? 

They are smooth ride and are solid. In my opinion they are better than Nova LFS. I believe they have ZF 6AP1400B. Does anyone know where the other D40LF excluding the 8117 or 9735 transferred too? 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, greblos said:

9724 (1996 D40LF) is on loan to Comox Valley and has been for a few months.  It's in regular service on weekdays.  It was brought in after all three Dennis buses on the roster were out for repairs.

They had 6 Darts officially on their roster as of January. Which ones are left, and where did the other three go (retirement, shipped to other communities)?