BC Transit - Nanaimo

Do they at least have the right signs programmed into that one for you guys??

To be honest, I did not take much of a look at the destination signs on 8006, but I will report back next time I see it in service...

However, I noticed that 8002 is sporting Balios destination signs...

• 2 months later...

This is how coach transportation should be. :)the islander front.JPG

Anybody know the driver or the Princess?

Time frame is 1957 to 1964.

"THE ISLANDER LIMITED" Canada's only "CRIMSON CARPET SERVICE" providing deluxe reserved-seat transportation between Victoria and Nanaimo on Vancouver Island.

Direct daily service between Vancouver and Victoria via Princess Line steamer connections at Nanaimo, Vancouver Island.

Vancouver Island Coach Lines, PO Box 250, Victoria, BC.

Dave

VICL Nanaimo Depot 1968-1972

• 3 months later...

Nan. CPR Ferry Term. 1956 Cameron Island. 1953.jpg

This Nanaimo Terminal picture is at least 1956 as you can see the new Chrysler products in the lineup.

Did some research with the help of some past long term VICL veterens and came up with this.

"The driver in the picture in the previous post, which was taken in Beacon Hill Park, is Terry Osmars and was taken 1958-59."

Dave

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

The 2013 New Flyer XN40's started arriving from New Flyer. I've attached a link with various photos I've taken of them during the past two weeks.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/chsscassidy/sets/72157639298920093/with/11701890995/

Numbers start at 1020, which is were the H40LFR's ended. The buses are all white, but have a bright green rear. This leads me to believe that BC Transit will either have a revised scheme for these, or might do some vinyl wrap advertising the "green CNGs"

The 2013 New Flyer XN40's started arriving from New Flyer. I've attached a link with various photos I've taken of them during the past two weeks.

http://www.flickr.co...th/11701890995/

Numbers start at 1020, which is were the H40LFR's ended. The buses are all white, but have a bright green rear. This leads me to believe that BC Transit will either have a revised scheme for these, or might do some vinyl wrap advertising the "green CNGs"

It looks like the hybrid scheme of BC Transit and Culver City Bus~~ :D:D