Community Shuttle

Everyone is virtually correct. They literally ran them to the last day possible without compromising commitment. Reliability was a big factor. Infact, at one point, they thought that the garage the bus was being maintained out of and was a contributing factor. So, in 2013, all 24 were moved to Spring Gardens.

The last information i had was that no more then 10 were sold to a market in PEI and no more then 14 remain in the grave yard. I will verify numbers this week and amend if needed.

• Like 3

• 2 years later...
7 hours ago, Blake M said:

It seems as though 1824-1880 have been parked for now, could it have something to do with the barriers being installed?

With the cuts in work starting monday, there will be several hundred buses parked starting tomorrow, as i believe there is no more then 400 buses on the road at once, down from near 900.

3 hours ago, armorand said:

That or the ATU is seeking intervention to protect the unionized drivers from losing their hours/jobs... I remember there was mention of full-sized bus drivers getting more out of contracted work versus non-unionized shuttle operators.

With the virus, social distancing and everything, and throwing on prior issues between ATU and shuttle ops... would the ATU and CT management rather have just opted to layoff shuttle operators, and keep staff that can keep the D40LF's rolling around, versus the costs of retrofitting shuttles/rattle traps, and lay off non-unionized shuttle operators instead of directly challenging the ATU and fully-unionized Calgary Transit employees?

There is no such thing as a non unionized Calgary Transit Operator or Calgary Transit Community Shuttle Operator..... EVERY operator is unionized.....

• Thanks 3