MaT

Transit Windsor

So some 2020 novas are in service today. 8029 and 8034 on the 4 and 8035 on the 3W.

So talks are still going forward with Transit Windsor service to Amherstburg.

https://www.talktheburg.ca/transit

at the bottom right there are 3 files, one of them being the proposed route. Now I noticed in the file name it says route 20...could that be a hint of it being named the 20 Amherstburg if it all goes through?

• Thanks 1

well, 11 2020 novas in service today in the city. 615(a hybrid) on the 42 heading down the highway to leamington....fail.  And also I seen 425 today with a fresh coat of paint in the smaller 3 inch stripes, looks good! Proof that its gonna stick around for a while longer!

22 minutes ago, MaT said:

well, 11 2020 novas in service today in the city. 615(a hybrid) on the 42 heading down the highway to leamington....fail.  And also I seen 425 today with a fresh coat of paint in the smaller 3 inch stripes, looks good! Proof that its gonna stick around for a while longer!

A hybrid going to Leamington shouldn't be a fail.

Availability if buses can always mean whatever's there for a driver to use, ge/she will raise out fir their shift.

It is a fail cuz its supposed to be stop and go for hybrids, not 52km one way with 4 stops. Hybrid should have been used on a city route and a diesel used on the highway route. 

Glad that Transit Windsor continues on a track of general growth -- my sense is that COVID is slowing it down, but not stopping it! Excited to see advancements with the new route network.

Meanwhile, wtf happened to their fleet? I like their buses... but why are they ad wrapping so dang many?

I never like wraps, but those showing up in Windsor are especially bad. They're all composed of low-res photos, amateur photo editing effects, overly detailed text that clashes with doors/window frames, etc. They're really, really poorly designed. They make the whole transit system look tacky. Last time I was at WITT, every single bus was wearing a super-busy, super-ugly ad wrap.

I hope they come to their senses. The city is investing in transit -- that's huge. If they want it to succeed, they'll need to make the vehicles somewhat appealing.

Transit Windsor's buses have become so ugly that I stopped taking pictures. Even the non-wrapped buses... they cut the yellow+green+blue to almost nothing. It looks particularly sad on the 8000-series Novas. Those should be such beautiful vehicles. Time for a new paint scheme -- or time to adjust the "classic" scheme to better fit these very deserving buses.

It inspired me to dig up a couple photos of bright, happy Classics in full yellow regalia:

TWI540T.thumb.JPG.1d03148450d7ae76563a2f868db3396d.JPG

TWI510L.thumb.jpg.22f8c478d3f71ee9949163a90605827d.jpg

And 411, an original ca 1991 Orion V. This bus and its sister 412 were originally delivered in big yellow. Photos are scarce. I believe they were among the first to sport the "less yellow" look some time around 1997/1998 -- when the very first Nova LFSs came in.

TWI411D.thumb.jpg.392d2d8ec43fb548a36c2573cfdd9081.jpg

All photos taken in Detroit. That's what we call... Border City Transit!  😎