Transit Windsor

MaT

I normally dont see them too often, only once in a while. im guessing theyre all on high school specials since I never see them hardly. But i could be wrong.

You can see classics on the Walkerville 8 or Dominion 5 regularily. The Dominion 5 usually has 2 in fact. The Dougall 6 also sometimes sees them, as the schedule allows it; but it is mostly low floor now, likely due to issues with strollers which the 8 and 5 see far fewer of.

Pretty much most of those ones have been out of service for a while now.

exactly they were just active in the garage during my last visit, with the Inveros being placed in service, i can almost expect TW will be fully low floor most of the time

exactly they were just active in the garage during my last visit, with the Inveros being placed in service, i can almost expect TW will be fully low floor most of the time

Also when most of the D40i's are placed in service and the new order of XD's im sure they will be by next spring

544 is still in service but will be retired when all eight D40i's go in service, as they have to pull one unit out to be able to put a D40i in service as they ownly have enough fare boxes for 104 buses. By late fall should only be 3 or 4 classics left, with 6 more D40i to come and 6 XD40 in Nov. Some of the stripped classics should start to go to the scrapper shortly.

544 is still in service but will be retired when all eight D40i's go in service, as they have to pull one unit out to be able to put a D40i in service as they ownly have enough fare boxes for 104 buses. By late fall should only be 3 or 4 classics left, with 6 more D40i to come and 6 XD40 in Nov. Some of the stripped classics should start to go to the scrapper shortly.

Do you know when the XD's will arrive?

Right in the post you quoted he said the 6 XD40s will come in november.

And also since we were talking about the classics I saw both 530 and 544 on the 1C today.

Right in the post you quoted he said the 6 XD40s will come in november.

And also since we were talking about the classics I saw both 530 and 544 on the 1C today.

Having one of those bah moments when Im reading this quickly when im at work in between clients

Nice to see Transit Windsor actually going somewhere. Its Transportation Master Plan was updated again, I see? Are there any specifics aka maps that would further illustrate these new routes and plans?
I find it difficult to comprehend how that if there'd be a need for 8 buses to increase the 1C's frequency, with the 14 Inveros to all be replacements and only 6 XD40s coming in (total of only 6 additional buses by the looks of it), that still won't be enough, unless there's math is wrong.
And after so many years where it seems like the Classics would be aroudn for so long, it may seem as if the HF fleet (not counting the Orion Vs though, too), an all LF fleet is coming closer then ever before.

If they are planning a route from Tecumseh Mall to South West Detention Center. This route does not make sense because the lack of west end service to the new jail. This route should also serve ether Devonshire Mall or ST Clair College to finish so that Passenger from Downtown and west end can easier access the route.

From that Document relating to The new jail and Devonshire Heights

Phase 2 improvements provided new service to areas that are currently unserviced, including Devonshire Heights and a new route that would provide service from Tecumseh Mall to Southwest Detention Center and Devonshire Mall. This will provide a southern connection at Devonshire Mall for passengers travelling across the south end of the city to destinations like St Clair College.

None of this is new as for the past three years TW management has been asking for these improvements to the 1C, 2 and 10 and doing away with the summer schedule and going to one schedule for the year. At last August meeting the Mayor said to TW management that they would have to do with what they have in funding as they where not going to get one more dime. Now the Mayor is going to invest in transit what a turn around for him.