MaT

Transit Windsor

Are all of the 2002 Orion VIIs getting refurbished? Or just select units? Bernie?

Looks like the 8000s are slowly starting to appear on the tracker...8003 is currently on the 1C.

On 4/17/2018 at 7:57 PM, 7520 said:

I'm glad we have a reliable source for this thread. Thanks Bernie.

Here is a update to buses being retired, seen with plates removed today numbers 416, 424, 521, 523, 549, 551, 552, 553, 672, 679, 685, 701 & 702, as for the rest that is to be retired that depends each day on what is running then. I was wrong on the LFS ,time will tell what ones are next.   

8020 and 8010 are on the Dougall 6 these will not show up on the tracker or have the AA.

On 5/9/2018 at 10:28 PM, PHATMATT51 said:

What shape are 701-702 in?  Would be nice if CK Transit got one or both for route 1 and 2. Help with the overcrowding 

They both have had a electrical problems, #701 did see some service in early 2017 then it disappeared,  #702 has not seen service well over a year,  both have sat at the garage since then. 

Today on the tracker
8001 on the 2
8002 on the 8
8003 on the 4
8004 on the 25
8006 on the 25
8007 on the 10 
*Also yesterday I saw 8011 on the 3.

As of today (Tracker)

8001 Ottawa 4

8002 Transway 1A

8003 Lauzon 10

8004 Ottawa 4

8006 LaSalle 25

8009 South Windsor 7

I just noticed that TW put some info about the proposed new terminal at the hospital site on the west end, the tayfour campus, on their website.

https://www.citywindsor.ca/residents/building-Windsors-Future/Pages/West-Windsor-Transit-Terminal-Relocation.aspx

If this goes through, I think the terminal should be an island terminal with the island itself going north/south, it would be most beneficial for the buses in regards to turning etc. 
I also think if this terminal gets approved and built, it should be called the Tayfour Terminal.  Even though I feel personally that the terminal should be on or close to sandwich street, but thats me.

Bernie, have you heard or seen anything about the final 2 buses of the 26 buses yet? If they've shown up etc.

Well I just noticed on TWs website that they added more trips southbound on the Dominion 5, and also made those added trips northbound as EXPRESS back to WITT using the highway system to sandwich st and onto university ave. 

https://www.citywindsor.ca/residents/transitwindsor/Routes-and-Schedules/Documents/Dominion 5 FINAL.pdf

https://www.citywindsor.ca/residents/transitwindsor/Routes-and-Schedules/Documents/St Clair Express Bus Northbound.pdf

The extra dominion 5 southbound buses does not go back north.  Ive seen them go out of service at St Clair while i was there transferring between 25 and the 7. They probably do that so that they can be back downtown for another extra southbound run. 

Ya the extra runs it shows only goes southbound and thats it. The express runs are only northbound and afternoon too. Probably only a few buses doing these runs

8020 was spotted at Fort and Clark Streets at around noon. Destination sign simply said "Windsor". This was well outside of downtown Detroit.

The bus tracker now shows passenger capacity on some of the 8000 series Novas,  empty to full.  8006, 8010 ,8020, 8021.

• Like 1

Even though the 2018 LFSes have pretty much taken over the Tunnel Bus lately, there are still occasions when a different bus will be on at least one of the runs. For example, today 2013 XD40 632 was spotted on a Tunnel Bus run in Detroit.

1 hour ago, 160 Downriver said:

Even though the 2018 LFSes have pretty much taken over the Tunnel Bus lately, there are still occasions when a different bus will be on at least one of the runs. For example, today 2013 XD40 632 was spotted on a Tunnel Bus run in Detroit.

I think it basically goes to any bus that can get its engine started. I've noticed as late Orion VIIs being used there.

With the 2018 Nova buses in service, have all the Orion VIs been retired as indicated on p. 12 here?