MaT

Transit Windsor

here'sa list of classic in the new livery

516-519

the classic still in the old livery

535-540

MaT   

Here's more good news for the region! Kingsville is making a new Transportation Master Plan and wants to include"public Transit!". The move is being inspired by Transit Windsor's success in Lasalle with the South Windsor 7. I guess the 7 is pretty popular now, but I can't tell because my commute doesn't go anywhere near the route, I read it in the paper a while back-maybe 2 months ago. I can ask my gf how packed it is since she uses it everyday to go to Sandwich High in Lasalle. SO...if Kingsville is successful in making a public transit system, it will be the 3rd in the county. I wonder if (a) 30ft or 40ft bus(s) will be more effective for Kingsville?

MaT   

(2nd) post from this morning. Just heard on the news that Kingsville's master plan is for the next 20 years and that they want Transit Windsor routes in Kingsville. So it's not gonna be a new transit system, just more routes into Kingsville. This is sometime in the next 20 years. Hopefully Transit Windsor can expand into Essex as well, and that they have success in all 4 towns!

MaT   

Just thought I'd let you know that the google local and windows live local areas in windsor are updated now. The areas I mean are the Transit Windsor garage and the Downtown, Tecumseh Mall, Devonshire Mall, and College Ave. terminals.

Had one hell of a time trying to transfer today at Tecumseh and Central going from the 3 to the 1C(heading east). Because of all the construction, me and a friend had gotten off on the other side in front of the gas station(instead of the transfer stop across from the tire place(again heading east). So we see 3 buses(one-3 and two-1Cs) in front of ours before we get off at the gas station. We get off and turn around to look for the next 1C, and we see another 3 and like 5-6 1Cs right behind us in both lanes! And the best part is that NONE of the drivers could take us on(they were all REALLY packed)! So out of around 10 buses, not one could pick us up. Even the other students that got off the 3 before us back at Tecumseh and Drouillard couldn't get on.

MaT   

I found the quickest way to get downtown...period...-take the 1C Express! From my place on Lauzon pkwy it only takes 10 minutes! I take it everyday to get to school. And I saw 907 at Tecumseh Mall out of service heading back to the garage.

I also emailed the planning department in Kingsville to get all the info on Transit Windsor going to Kingsville.

MaT   

Are you ABSOLUTELY sure??? What colour was it and did it have a number? Also what route was it on?

MaT   

I went to the garage right after you told me about it. I saw A TON of buses there but no sign of the New Flyer. If it was at the garage it was probably inside. I found a picture of the bus you were talking about on ETS photo Express. I'll post a link for ya to see if it is the same bus.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok here's the link. http://www.etspe.ca/special/hybriddemos-06...l/de40lfets.jpg

I went to the garage right after you told me about it. I saw A TON of buses there but no sign of the New Flyer. If it was at the garage it was probably inside. I found a picture of the bus you were talking about on ETS photo Express. I'll post a link for ya to see if it is the same bus.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok here's the link. http://www.etspe.ca/special/hybriddemos-06...l/de40lfets.jpg

Note the historic Flyer name on it, with New above it. The script was the original Western Flyer logo that lasted through the D800 era. NFI revived it for their 75th anniversary last year. It's still on their home page.

MaT   

I SWEAR I saw the new flyer coming down Tecumseh road east in front of the Canadian Tire when I was on the Ottawa 4 turning onto Lauzon. It really looked like it even though I only got a split-second glance at it. I saw that bus with a yellow classic behind it. I swear I saw a bus with a big tank or something on top, and no TW bus has that so...

MaT   

Ok, I'm going downtown in maybe 30mins to an hour to take pictures of the buses and crowds for the World Series Game (Tigers vs. Cardinals). If anyone else is going post on here and maybe we can meet up. I made this decision at the last minute so sorry if It's a little late for anyone. If you post here and I'm already gone(and you still want to meet up), my pics are on my website(windsorpoliceandtransit) and I'll be wearing blue3 jeans and a leather jacket. I'll talk to you guys later and I'll post pics later as well.

i was watching the A channel New At 6pm and they were talking about the new plan that allows you to transfer from the tunnel bus to DOT Transit or Smart, the Fare will be $3.50.

MaT   

The creepy part is that on my website I've had a page called My Projects for the longerst time, and 2 things that I put on there are 2 things that the city wants to do/is doing. Those being making an expressway/tunnel directly from the 401 right across the border to Detroit, somehow linking directly to the highway network, and the transfer exchanges between the 3 biggest transit systems in the area(TW, DDOT, SMART). Check my site for the other stuff I put, and let's see if they come true. I think someone is using my site for reference, hehehe.

Paco   

making an expressway/tunnel directly from the 401 right across the border to Detroit, somehow linking directly to the highway network,

That's exactly what the DRTP proposal is, it's been on the table for years but there's far too many NIMBYs for it to be viable.

MaT   

I just found a page on the net that said the tunnel route projected ridership for 2005 was 210,000, and 220,000 for 2006(budgeted). And overall ridership for 2005 was 5,950,000(projected) and 6,500,000 for 2006(budgeted). I also read some where that TWs daily ridership was around 12, 000, but I can't see that, I think it would be way more than that. And one of my drivers said that TW was supposed to have 2 routes in Lasalle ready to start this past september and it still never happened. I dont know what council's and the board's problem is, honestly, its rediculous.

I just found a page on the net that said the tunnel route projected ridership for 2005 was 210,000, and 220,000 for 2006(budgeted). And overall ridership for 2005 was 5,950,000(projected) and 6,500,000 for 2006(budgeted). I also read some where that TWs daily ridership was around 12, 000, but I can't see that, I think it would be way more than that. And one of my drivers said that TW was supposed to have 2 routes in Lasalle ready to start this past september and it still never happened. I dont know what council's and the board's problem is, honestly, its rediculous.

I think that Town Of LaSalle wasn't given transit Windsor the ok on the two routes.

MaT   

That's what I'm thinking too. I'm sure they can use 2-3 more routes(3-4 routes total) in Lasalle and maybe 1 express route down Huron Church or something. I can list a lot of routes/expresses/school extras that we should have..lol. :lol: My school for the 3 has to wait 25 minutes for each bus going in each direction. They used to have extras for our school but I don't know what happened. Same goes with St.Clair and the U, they should each have a lot of buses there as extras and express/charters.

MaT   

I just uploaded a video on Youtube that I took today of Lauzon Parkway from my window. It's just traffic going by between Tecumseh Road and EC ROW Expressway. I used Windows MovieMaker to have a song playing in the background(a REALLY good one I might add). So sit back, watch the traffic(3 buses there too), listen to the music and relax.

MaT   

I went to where they are building the downtown bus terminal today, and they are definitely building it, as the WHOLE area is all dirt now with excavators and stuff everywhere. It's the grassy area(or was grassy) next to the parking garage for Hilton(I think) between Chatham st. and Pitt st.

i'm working on a 1:21 minute video on 907, It will have commentary which my mother will be doing. after its done i will upload it to Youtube.

MaT   

Sweet, that's what I need to do. My camera only has like 10-20 seconds because I have it on the highest quality, and my moms has like 3 minutes. That's the camera that I used for the Lauzon Pkwy TRAFFIC video. I was thinking of doing one going down Dougall/Ouellette on the 1C Express.

Oh ya, I rode 412 and 499 today, and they definitely don't have any kind of lifts for wheelchairs, or any spots on the buses for any. One day I'll bring a camera on and take a video, maybe when it goes on EC Row too. There's hardly anything on Transit Windsor on youtube, if we all(CPTDB members from Windsor) make some videos for them there will be tons.

Transit Windsor will be retiring 4 GM Classics from 501,504-510, I think that 501,504,506,508 will be the 4 GM Classics retired.

I hope they buy more Ez-Riders for the low Volume routes.

MaT   

Ya me too, maybe 8-12 more would be good. 701 and 702 are way over-used on the tunnel. They should have never started using them on that route and kept it 40ft 24/7. Almost all of the runs are crush-loads and the buses(30ft) aren't designed to take the kind of punishment they're going through. If you listen to the engine it's REALLY working hard, more than it should. Feeder routes like the 5, 3 West, 3, and maybe some other routes at certain times of the day are perfect for them. The tunnel route is a high volume route that should be strictly 40ft. It's only gonna have more people taking it with they new International Transfer with DDOT and SMART. Even they use 40ft downtown.

BTW how's the movie coming along?

its going good but there's a lot of work to do and my Website Got delete by my web hosting service so i'm working hard to re-upload the website.

maybe transit windsor sould look into the Blue-Bird Ultra Low-Floor buses.