MaT

Transit Windsor

1,833 posts in this topic

I called Transit WIndsor yesterday and I was told that the proposal with the BRT and the rest of the stuff is going to council on September 5th. If not that day then the next week.

Also I figured out the bus numbers for the new buses if they are all novas. Our newest novas are 555-564. The new ones would be from 565-604 if its all 40 buses(replacements and expansion buses). If it includes the buses for Tecumseh and Lasalle, then that would go up to 613. Thats 49 buses if all goes well and if they are all ordered as novas. The BRT buses I think would be from 801-831. I noticed that the bus numbers are starting in the higher numbers as they are ordered year after year. 4xx for the orions. late 5xx for the novas(6xx if it continues to be novas im guessing). 7xx for the ez riders. So I say that the BRT buses will be in the 8xx.

that cool but haven't seen 541 since last summer.

Yep, it's in service, I saw it a couple weeks ago. Are a lot of the classics/new looks in the shop or what? I used to see around 7-8 classics/2-3 new looks a day. Now I see 1-2 classics a day and no new look! It's all VIs,VIIs, ez riders and LFS'.

its because the heat that transit windsor uses Novas and Orions.

buses that i saw this week

Now they even have Nova LFS 2006! ;)

Yep. We got 10 of them for Christmas! ;) And they're 2005.

Delete my post please!

i saw 499 on the crosstown 2 today and 411 is parked in the back of the Transit Windsor Garage

i saw 499 on the crosstown 2 today and 411 is parked in the back of the Transit Windsor Garage

Good to see that 499 is back on the road !

i was reading that they want a bus route that connects Tecumseh Mall to Devonshire Mall

here is the route

Transway 1B

Devonshire Mall to Tecumseh Mall

Northeastbound

Leaving Devonshire mall

 right on Howard

 right on Tecumseh Rd East

 left on Hall Ave

 right on Riverside Dr

 right on Lauzon Rd

 merges right on to Lauzon Pwy

 left in to Tecumseh Mall

Southwestbound

Leaving Tecumseh Mall

 right on Lauzon Pwy

 merges left on to Lauzon Rd

 left on Riverside Dr

 left on Hall Ave

 right on Tecumseh Rd East

 left on Howard

 left in to Devonshire Mall

Can you please give us a link to where you read this? I am only asking because it does not show that in the Transit Master Plan on the Transit Windsor website. And I'm curious to find out any more information that I don't already know! :( I know the 103X is going between the malls using the side roads south of EC ROW and following EC ROW.

EDIT

Also Ive been talking to a transportation planner for the city-Steve Kapuska- and we got talking about transit in Windsor and he told me these key points about when we had streetcars. They ran along Sandwich, University, Giles, Ouellette, Tecumseh, and some sections of Wyandotte. He said that "Some remnants of that railway service can be seen in the imbedded rails at the intersection of Sandwich and Mill." So...this is what I have to go see soon, I could have done it today but I didn't know where they were. When I go see the rails still in the road intersection, I'll get pics of it and throw them on here ASAP!

I just got back from Sandwich and Mill with...(drumroll)... Pictures of the remaining streetcar rails from when Windsor had Streetcars in the 30s! :( I also got the pictures of the Edge nutrition wrapped orion 7. Quite the bus to look at. Here are the rails pics. I will put all the pictures on my site as well.

IMG_0013.JPG

IMG_0015.JPG

IMG_0016.JPG

IMG_0017.JPG

IMG_0013.JPG

IMG_0015.JPG

IMG_0016.JPG

IMG_0017.JPG

post-86-1156809755_thumb.jpg

post-86-1156809820_thumb.jpg

post-86-1156809846_thumb.jpg

post-86-1156809872_thumb.jpg

i was riding 499 on the transway 1C and The transmission was garbage.

When did Transit Windsor get 554.

i was riding 499 on the transway 1C and The transmission was garbage.

When did Transit Windsor get 554.

Around 2002.

I don't know if you all noticed...All the orion 5s(411,412 and 499) are ALL FULLY ACCESSIBLE!!!!!! They must have put lifts(im guessing) on the buses because it says they're accessible on Transit Windsor's NEW and UPDATED fleet roster. I think that's awesome, the first high floor buses with lifts.

411 and 412 already had the kneeling feature.

but now lifts.

Did 499 come with lift when transit Windsor bought it?

Im just assuming they have lifts now as they weren't classified as fully accessible before we saw them in the back of the garage. None of the buses on the roster had wheelchair lifts until now if the 5s have them. I dont think the 5s will all be retired until 2012.

Im just assuming they have lifts now as they weren't classified as fully accessible before we saw them in the back of the garage. None of the buses on the roster had wheelchair lifts until now if the 5s have them. I dont think the 5s will all be retired until 2012.

499 is an ex-NYC demo, so it does have a w/c lift. I don't think 411 and 412 have it.

I'll ask someone.

Just because it was with NYCMTA for a while doesnt mean it had a lift after Windsor bought it. Explain why it wasn't classified by Transit Windsor as fully accessible until august 2006? As are the rest of the Vs?

Just because it was with NYCMTA for a while doesnt mean it had a lift after Windsor bought it. Explain why it wasn't classified by Transit Windsor as fully accessible until august 2006? As are the rest of the Vs?

Like I said, I will ask someone!

A bus was involved in an accident this morning at University and Crawford. The driver said that the bus and the other vehicle involved weren't damaged. I don't know who was at fault.

EDIT

EMS was there taking care of someone on the bus that hit her knee and head.

I rode 499 once, 2 or 3 years ago, and I don't remember seeing a wheelchair lift upfront. Other high floor buses that have the kneeling feature are the 1991 MCI Classics (543-548).

I've ridden all 3 orion 5s over the years a lot of times and not once do I remember seeing any kind of lift equipment anywhere in/outside the bus. I think 554 has the kneeling feature as well but I'm not 100% positive on that one. We can expect some more classics on the road soon as the temperature is getting cooler lately.