Transit Windsor

MaT

701 and 702 are low floor, they're just not classified as wheelchair accessible. I don't know if this is because of the border or if they really areen't accessible. So 528 is next on the list of refurbs eh? As I know it Transit Windsor either already refurbs 5 buses a year or wants to.

I went downtown today and found 701 doing the shuttle for the CAW Labour Day celebrations. And I think council passed the proposal for Transit Windsor as they are getting 6 buses this year for sure and they're approved budget inlcludes a main focus for 2006 on fleet related topics. I can call Jan tomorrow and ask her. I think if they did pass it, it'll benefit the city as a whole. The better the transportation, the better the business in the city.

I found a list of routes that Transit Windsor had in the past and has now. Here they are, and I wish we still had them all with the ones we are getting.

Transway 1A

Transway 1C

Transway EXPRESS

Crosstown 2

Crosstown EXPRESS

Central 3

Ottawa 4

Dominion 5B-----\/

Dominion 5C----->>>now dominion 5

Dominion 5B/C---/\

Dougall 6A---------\/

Dougall 6B--------->>>now dougall 6

Dougall 6B/C------/\

South Windsor 7

Walkerville 8A\/

Walkerville 8B>>>> now Walkerville 8

Drouillard 9---no longer in use

Lauzon 10

East Town 11---no longer in use

Roseland 12----no longer in use

Ojibway 13-----no longer in use

Parent 14

As for where these routes operated I have no idea where. And if anyone wants to do some research, go for it. I just wish we still had all of these routes. That's 22 routes right there alone! Then we still have the tunnel bus, Central 3 west with the upcoming 2 east, 2 west, 101, 102, 103, 10A, and 11. All together that would be 34 routes including the now operating 5, 6, and 8!

ok thanks. Do you know what livery the bus(double decker) is painted in? Also if I remember correcly the grummans were with Transit Windsor for two years, numbered 601-606. Does anyone have any pics of the 600s still? Post them here if you do. I know there was some on NA transit in the Vaughn Transit section, I wish someone could post those here, I love those pics! :huh: And lots of classics on the road today BTW.

I also forgot to mention that on county road 19(manning) maybe 5 minutes after the 401(on your right side coming from Windsor) there is a house that has an old look painted in what looked like an old yellow scheme. Kinda reminded me of HSR, it could be one of their old ones. If he/she is willing to sell it, it would make a good piece of work that would most definitely be wirth every hour spent on it. I'll try and find a pic of one just like it.

I rode 499 once, 2 or 3 years ago, and I don't remember seeing a wheelchair lift upfront. Other high floor buses that have the kneeling feature are the 1991 MCI Classics (543-548).

Ok, 411 and 412 does not have w/c. 499 have a rear w/c, which it was spec. for NYCMTA.

Ok thanks, didn't see that part. And now Transit Windsor and DDOT will be accepting each others transfers(for a small fare) starting in October. If anyone remembers, that was one of the things that I put on my site under the projects page. It was one of the things that I said would benefit the traffic solution for not only Windsor, but the whole region on both sides of the border. The only thing is SMART was involved in my plan as well. It's almost like they're watching all my posts and studying my website to make improvements! :angry: Now all they need is a regional pass for TW/DDOT and DDOT buses crossing the border acting as tunnel buses.

OK, good news..The new downtown bus terminal just got the go ahead, and the city just signed the deal. I'm gonna email Jan O'neil in a minute to get all the specifics. I know for sure that Grayhound will get 4 bus bays and Transit Windsor(according to their plan that hasn't gone to the board or the council yet) will get maybe up to 16 bays. They showed a concept drawing on the news of what it is supposed to look like, and it's pretty big. I'll see if Jan can email that picture to me. If I get it I'll put it on here.

Hey does anyone know what happened to 907? I haven't seen it in over a month. Also do you think that Transit Windsor's route system would be better if it were more a grid system going the entire length of the streets? Almost all of the routes go all over the place! Im getting the inspiration of this from LTC. Like how about this for routes, following these streets.

Ouellette/Dougall

Howard

Wyandotte

Tecumseh

Walker

Campbell/Dominion

Lauzon

Pillette/Central

University

Riverside/Sandwich

Matchette

Malden

Provincial

Cabana

Erie

Ottawa

Lincoln

McDougall

Lesperance

Banwell

Manning

If all our routes followed the bigger streets, we would have over 20 routes! Does anyone have any ideas on how to make Transit Windsor's service better?

Ok. I have made a list of all the vlassics in service with what paint scheme they're all in, but there's still a group of buses that I don't know about. This is what I have so far:

White-yellow

505-504

513-506

515-510

516-522

517-525

519-532

520-533

521-535

523-536

524-537

526-538

528-540

529-546

The only ones that I need are 501, 507, 508, 509, 512, 514, 518, 527, 531, 539, 542, 545.

If there's any mistakes let me know.