Transit Windsor

MaT

i liked 412 but the first time i rode 412 was the same day my grandpa passed away August 2005 on the central 3. they don't lasted forever. on the other note 411 was spared. I miss riding the high floors on the south windsor 7 since the route became fully accessible. the only route that i take that has a high floor bus is the 6.

I personally hate riding the classics as i find them shaky and ratty. The only classic i like is 565 because i find the seating arrangement neat. I just always found the Vs to feel more stable and have more pleasant interiors and i did like riding them on the 7 as well. The first time i ever rode a TW bus, which was 412 was on a school extra on my first day of high school.

Something to consider, however about the ***SLOW*** loss of the high floors is WIndsor's aging population. This poses a major problem for those who need the transit service the most when they can't actually get on the vehicle.

you're right, Transit Windsor's operating budget is not horribly bad (but not good) for a system with its ridership, however the vehicle renewal budget is pitiful.

I was bored so i re-imagined all the South Windsor routes:

5 Dominion

6 Dougall

7 South Windsor

8 Walkerville

11 Devonshire

I tried to fix some of the issues that are effecting the system currently such as inadequate service to Oldcastle, fragmented service along Howard Avenue and the lack of direct service between parts of South Windsor to Windsor Crossing and Devonshire Mall. I also did this with minimal increases by decreasing the 5,6,8 slightly.

What do you guys think?

The XD40s' roof rails should just stay white, without anything painted on them, especially not green as they're not hybrids.

I had a brief look at those route proposals. They look simplier and more direct. Good work.

Thanks, and i like the white roof rails while at the same time i don't. I like how streamlined it makes the bus look from an angle but from the side it just looks boring. I was thinking maybe blue with "clean diesel" or maybe save the blue for when electric buses eventually becomes a thing. Maybe just add some decals like "Saving the planet, one passenger at a time" or something.

The point of the reduced service on the 7 is for Transit Windsor to save money by eliminating service on low ridership routes so my idea was much like how the Central 3 and 3 West operate by continuing to service the area with the highest ridership, which is the area between the college and Legacy Park. I would prefer the entire route be restored, as i also use the 7 to get to Malden park for workouts, but i would settle for the small eastern portion so i don't have to walk home from work as it is a long and dangerous walk. I am certain many others feel the same way trying to get back to st. clair residence from Devonshire mall and silver city for example.

if you rode the 7:15am 7 from College Ave to St Clair College that bus is packed that the last time which was last week i had to stand. the 7 is pretty busy in the morning eastbound. to get home form the marigold and weaver i walk along hwy 18 back to Morton Dr, that walk is very risky that if a car looses control it will hit me before its the ditch. I do wear a safety vest in the dark and it really good investment.

Okay, so with the system that i proposed, perhaps this could work as the 11A would serve Devonshire Mall and connects to the college and the 11B would serve Legacy park and the airport and connects to Devonshire Mall

5 Dominion

6 Dougall

8 Walker

11A/B Devonshire

7 South Windsor

7 South WIndsor West

Note: the 7 West serves Windsor Crossing, St. Clair College, Lasalle and West Windsor when the South WIndsor 7 is not running.

In my perfect system, there would be no "Transway" routes. The word seems to mean nothing and sounds like another language. I would change the Transway 1C to the 1 City Centre and the Transway 1A to either 11 Howard or 11 Devonshire.

The route names should be meaningful and give an idea of where they serve. The Walkerville 8 serves Walkerville and Walker Road, the Ottawa 4 serves Ottawa street, the Crosstown 2 runs across the city, the Central 3 serves central areas, the South Windsor 7 serves South Windsor and so on.

• 2 weeks later...