Transit Windsor

MaT

Yes, that would make sense. Those and maybe 912, depending if those DE40's are all replacements.

912 wont go thats for sure..

412 on the other hand.. the thing has dust on it.. hasn't seen the light of day in a year.. wouldnt be suprised if that left

I really cat see 565-569 going so soon..We use them every day and we got them not too long go..I know its a few years ago now but still. As for 412 I swear Ive seen that bus at least a few times even since the summer, so I dont know where you got your info from...

So what if they use the DRT classics everyday. They got them for cheap and slapped some paint on them and put them in service as is to replace some other buses that were in worse shape. Chances are the body and engines are worn out. Alot can happen in a few years.

If you have only seen 412 on the road a few times since the summer and you live in Windsor, Chances are they dont use it much since lapscrew said it has dust on it meaning its active in the garage.

I am sure lapscrew has a contact as he sure did not make anything up.

412 hasn't passed an e-test in over a year and they never bothered putting money into it because really the V's arent needed..

here's a photo from 2 weeks ago when i went with "902" if you need his word for it too.. covered in dusk u can even see the dust build up on the windshield and the safety 09 sticker

so please if you did see it on the road in the summer please contact the MTO :lol:

My info came from the afternoon/evening mechanic supervisor.. i dont know the name but he's bald and carries around a radio

DSC04687.JPG

DSC04690.JPG

412 hasn't passed an e-test in over a year and they never bothered putting money into it because really the V's arent needed..

here's a photo from 2 weeks ago when i went with "902" if you need his word for it too.. covered in dusk u can even see the dust build up on the windshield and the safety 09 sticker

so please if you did see it on the road in the summer please contact the MTO :lol:

My info came from the afternoon/evening mechanic supervisor.. i dont know the name but he's bald and carries around a radio

Safety 09 sticker? Would those be those stickers which indentify when the particular bus is due for a new safety test? The E-Test...isn't it part of an environmental emissions test that buses go through before they can be put back into active service?

Hmm, if this is the case, are 411 and 499 in a similar situation? Perhaps they may go once the 2011 diesels come in.

• 4 weeks later...

This past Thursday while on assignment for the Detroit Lions' Thanksgiving game in the US, 412 was in service in both pregame and post game assignments. EX-DRT 568 was also on duty. 552, 6-7 other Classics, a VI and a VII completed the compliment of buses used for this service.

These sightings come courtesy of the Detroit/Windsor Tunnel cameras.

This past Thursday while on assignment for the Detroit Lions' Thanksgiving game in the US, 412 was in service in both pregame and post game assignments. EX-DRT 568 was also on duty. 552, 6-7 other Classics, a VI and a VII completed the compliment of buses used for this service.

These sightings come courtesy of the Detroit/Windsor Tunnel cameras.

You sure it wasn't 411? 412's been off the road for over a year now. Check a few posts above.

PUBLIC TRANSIT RIDERSHIP UP

2010-12-03 06:13:48

Public transit ridership is on pace this year to hit an all-time high. The latest figures show a 2.7% increase from January to June compared to a year ago. Transit Windsor reports a 1.2% increase in the nine months ending in September. Director of Operations Pat Delmore says student ridership has risen 12%, thanks to a change in fares last year.

• 1 month later...

so please if you did see it on the road in the summer please contact the MTO <_<

For your information 412 is in service today and there was no plan to retire it, also the ex DRT buses there again is no plan to retire them. When the new buses come in the worst six buses will be retired.

Don't be surprise if the new buses aren't DE40LFR, but Xcelsior.

For your information 412 is in service today and there was no plan to retire it, also the ex DRT buses there again is no plan to retire them. When the new buses come in the worst six buses will be retired.

ya me and "902" were there last week and we saw 412 in service again with a new safety inspection sticker which was nice to see.. we were told the ex-DRT were gone when the new DE40LFR's arrive but then again.. word of mouth in transit goes no where.. I was told by maintenance manager of all people that St.Catharines wasnt going to retire anything this year and we have 3 new Orion V's retired out back! <_<

Hmm. Yet even more variety for Transit Windsor. That's excellent. I wonder how they'd look?

Does this order of 6 XDE40s essentially reduce the number of 2011 diesel buses, whatever they are? I wonder if the money that was allocated to purchase them, considering they're late in arriving. What was the reason for the change from DE40LFRs to XDE40s? If the reason was money and reallocation of those funds, is the 2011 diesel order affected?

I guess this also means that the diesel order hasn't been announced yet (the winner, that is).

Hmm. Yet even more variety for Transit Windsor. That's excellent. I wonder how they'd look?

Does this order of 6 XDE40s essentially reduce the number of 2011 diesel buses, whatever they are? I wonder if the money that was allocated to purchase them, considering they're late in arriving. What was the reason for the change from DE40LFRs to XDE40s? If the reason was money and reallocation of those funds, is the 2011 diesel order affected?

I guess this also means that the diesel order hasn't been announced yet (the winner, that is).

Uhh...there was no confirmation on that yet. Let's just wait and see before jumping to conclusions.

The only order for TW for 2011 are for 6 Xcelsior Hybrid's. reasons for them are they are 10,000 lbs lighter then the DE40LFR and have four wheel disc brakes which the DE40LFR does not have. TW likes the four wheel disc brakes, since the Nova's have four wheel disc brakes.

The Board is looking at diesel buses for any future orders, but nothing has been decided yet, key will be funding.

The only order for TW for 2011 are for 6 Xcelsior Hybrid's. reasons for them are they are 10,000 lbs lighter then the DE40LFR and have four wheel disc brakes which the DE40LFR does not have. TW likes the four wheel disc brakes, since the Nova's have four wheel disc brakes.

The Board is looking at diesel buses for any future orders, but nothing has been decided yet, key will be funding.

so I take it that the original order for hte 6 DE40s was changed to XDE40s? And because of that, this order, which was supposed to have been last year in 2010, was switched to this year instead?

From AM800 CKLW's Website

TRANSIT BUDGET SET

2011-01-20 06:53:47

A fare increase at Transit Windsor has been avoided. This year's budget has been finalized at $11 million and includes the purchase of 5 new hybrid busses. Board Chair, Bill Marra, says a long-term master plan is also in the works. Transit Windsor is also working to improve service at the WFCU Centre.

From AM800 CKLW's Website

TRANSIT BUDGET SET

2011-01-20 06:53:47

A fare increase at Transit Windsor has been avoided. This year's budget has been finalized at $11 million and includes the purchase of 5 new hybrid busses. Board Chair, Bill Marra, says a long-term master plan is also in the works. Transit Windsor is also working to improve service at the WFCU Centre.

Yet Tony told me and bernie that we have 6 on order....ya ok am800!

In Windsor right now and I was surprised their new farebox hasen't been replace yet, been told there's some delay. I was riding on the tunnel bus on 568, at the bus terminal in Windsor, the Supervisor had replaced not once, but twice on the ticket motor collector and after two fail attemps, the other supervisors just told the remainder passengers board on the bus for free!

Those Cubic farebox are now much difficult to maintain as the parts are getting much obsolited! I do like that "No Pennies" policy.