Transit Windsor

MaT

For the past few days...and seemingly more often then not, the 2 EZ Riders have been found on the Tunnel Bus route. Can someone explain the rationale about this? All this looks to me is just the system absolutely wearing them down to pieces... <_<. Those buses are for low-ridership routes down there in Windsor. Same thing goes for any system which has low ridership issues...the smaller buses are used for that specific reason.

The only time when a bigger bus, whether it's an LF or an HF, it's the additional bus to compliment the 20-minute peak service.

Don't mean to be rude, but are there any inside-sources of TW whom are aware this situation?

The EZ Riders where purchased with using them primarily on the tunnel service, other then the AM and PM rush hours the EZ Riders can handle the volume of traffic. Rush hours is when a 40' bus is added.

Ok I was just on BARP in the transit windsor page and there's a pic of 415 with it's destination sign saying "Huron Line Transit Center"....What the hell is the Huron Line Transit Center??? The pic was taken in july 2003. Bernie maybe you can shed some light on this.

This sign is used on the No. 3 Central, meaning Huron Line to Transit Center (being the garage) as the 3 runs from College Ave Terminal to the Transit Center which is the end of the #3 and turns to head back to College Ave Terminal.

The EZ Riders where purchased with using them primarily on the tunnel service, other then the AM and PM rush hours the EZ Riders can handle the volume of traffic. Rush hours is when a 40' bus is added.

They were purchased primarily for the Tunnel Bus route? I understand that I'm not from Windsor, but it's to my knowledge and from others whom are from Windsor who know this, that the Tunnel Bus route is a BUSY route.

Having crush-loads on these buses can really put a strain on the engines of these buses. In fact, they'd be affected as far as their reliability is concerned as they'd probably give you only about 10 years of service compared to approxmiately 12.

The best comparison that I can use is imagine Burlington using primarily Blue Bird Ultra LF's on the Route 1...both during mid-day and ESPECIALLY during rush hours. They'd be in more of worse shape mechanically then anything else.

They were purchased primarily for the Tunnel Bus route? I understand that I'm not from Windsor, but it's to my knowledge and from others whom are from Windsor who know this, that the Tunnel Bus route is a BUSY route.

Having crush-loads on these buses can really put a strain on the engines of these buses. In fact, they'd be affected as far as their reliability is concerned as they'd probably give you only about 10 years of service compared to approxmiately 12.

The best comparison that I can use is imagine Burlington using primarily Blue Bird Ultra LF's on the Route 1...both during mid-day and ESPECIALLY during rush hours. They'd be in more of worse shape mechanically then anything else.

Ridership is not that high, during hours other then AM and PM rush hours the EZ Riders can handle the volumes with no problem, I have been on the buses myself and seen two or three passengers. At rush hours and special events in Detroit big buses are added to handle the increase ridership.

Then if the ridership is able to be handled by the EZ Riders other than during rushour, then why are they both still used DURING rushour along with another 40ft bus... Should it not be 3 40ft so it does not put as much strain on the EZ Riders? And don't you think that they would be crush loaded during rushour since the lineup at the tunnel is phenominal?

Then if the ridership is able to be handled by the EZ Riders other than during rushour, then why are they both still used DURING rushour along with another 40ft bus... Should it not be 3 40ft so it does not put as much strain on the EZ Riders? And don't you think that they would be crush loaded during rushour since the lineup at the tunnel is phenominal?

That's just adding in additional runs.

Great news! Where did you find this out from?

We have sources, but we can tell you it was announced from the Ontario Consortum.

It will be the very first time in Windsor to have New Flyer product. Would be nice to take a shot of DDOT D40LF next to TW D40LF!

Oh ya and Bernie, I had a guestion for ya.. Was another Classic just retired because now there's only one classic outside the garage instead of the usual two.. I noticed that a couple days ago?

The two Classic's that have been at the side of the garage are #502 and #511, both where retured last year and are used for parts. The missing one is in the garage have some parts removed that where needed for another Classic, it will be back outside shortly.

Ok thanks. Also this morning while on the 1CX, I noticed a yellow classic outside the garage near where they have the LT VI parked. Isn't that the paint shop area? Maybe they will have another white classic out soon? I don't know which bus it is though since I was on EC Row.

This morning instead of one 1C heading westbound at Ouellette/Erie it was four! They came 4-5 minutes apart it seemed. 556 doesn't have the driver's side jiffy lube wrap anymore, 539 was doing a training run west along Wyandotte today when I was coming home around 3:30. And I don't remember(or did i go back through the pages) if 531(rode it today) had a white livery before or not.. Because if it didn't before it does now. I saw 907 on the 1C at the mall today too.

Last night when about to head off to bed, I had the Windsor/Detroit Tunnel cam on. On the Detroit side, a large tow-truck was at the mouth of the exit of the tunnel, going into Detroit. It was at the closest point on the cam to see traffic coming out towards Jefferson street.

Once the truck got going with its tow, it ended up picking up a VI! :) It had it's fourway signals on...I wasn't sure whether it broke down or had a tire which went flat...either way, it was towed into Detroit last last night.

I'm sure that any of you could confirm the fleet number of the VI which had those problems. Wow....one of the worst places to have a breakdown....

Transit Windsor has a route coming in September for St.Clair College. It will run between the college and downtown. This is because there will be more students(art students) that will be moved to the Cleary. downtown

Is anybody else having fun watching the buses on the tunnel cams right now? Man it's a show I'll tell ya. 3 major events at once right now in Detroit...Check the tunnel cams, mainly detroit. Not too long ago there was around 10 buses doing the tunnel and shuttles. That whole intersection was chaos. Cars everywhere in HUGE line ups on all the streets. The tunnel itself is still pretty backed up too...There was like 6 buses stuck inside the tunnel because of the backup.

I don't know..Maybe they are going through the shift right now.. Some buses are used all the time on a certain route at the same time everyday. Later on these buses get shifted over somewhere else. Maybe VCL can tell us when he gets around to posting here.. BTW VCL is a transit Windsor driver I know that just joined CPTDB. He'll be posting here when he has the time so don't expect a post immidiately.