Transit Windsor

MaT

Also in that case, it wouldn't be in the regular TW livery either. It would be for BRT(if its artics) and it would have it's own livery for BRT. It says in their(TW) that the BRT would be artics and not 40ft buses. That would be neat to have D40LFs. I can ride D40LFs right now in Detroit for 3.50 from Windsor, but I would need a damn good reason to get over the border. Even then, I'd more than likely get an RTS. I would just have to transfer from TW to DDOT and ride some D40LFs around. :lol:

And I'm thinking of going to the new CCT(city centre terminal/new downtown bus terminal) this weekend to get some pics of how its doing so far. I got pics not too long ago of it, don't know if I posted them on here.Oh ya...for all the terminals in Windsor, we can call them these for short.

Downtown Bus Terminal=DBT

Tecumseh Mall Bus Terminal=TMT

Devonshire Mall Bus Terminal=DMT

New Downtown Bus Terminal=CCT(city centre terminal)

College Ave Terminal=CAT

Also in that case, it wouldn't be in the regular TW livery either. It would be for BRT(if its artics) and it would have it's own livery for BRT. It says in their(TW) that the BRT would be artics and not 40ft buses. That would be neat to have D40LFs. I can ride D40LFs right now in Detroit for 3.50 from Windsor, but I would need a damn good reason to get over the border. Even then, I'd more than likely get an RTS. I would just have to transfer from TW to DDOT and ride some D40LFs around. :D

And I'm thinking of going to the new CCT(city centre terminal/new downtown bus terminal) this weekend to get some pics of how its doing so far. I got pics not too long ago of it, don't know if I posted them on here.Oh ya...for all the terminals in Windsor, we can call them these for short.

Downtown Bus Terminal=DBT

Tecumseh Mall Bus Terminal=TMT

Devonshire Mall Bus Terminal=DMT

New Downtown Bus Terminal=CCT(city centre terminal)

College Ave Terminal=CAT

Now now now, don't be stealing MT's main terminal's name! :o

heres the link to the vehicle roster for Transit Windsor

http://www.citywindsor.ca/DisplayAttach.asp?AttachID=5532

just to note 411,412 have the Kneeling system 499 just has A/C

For the numbering system they want to use a different system from another Operating companies.

I found it interesting that the EZ's aren't considered either Low Floor or accessible...

MT0603- Actually Transit Windsor is, not me. If you go on Transit Windsor's site and go to ride guide, then transit terminals, it will have the downtown terminal with the 10 routes listed that go there, and right under that it will talk about the new city centre being built on the old Canadian Tire grounds furthur west of the current downtown terminal.

Nick-Transit Windsor has 99 transit buses(all 40ft except for 2 buses-30ft ez rider IIs) plus 20 buses(starcraft) IIRC for the lowest ridership routes/non peak times. They want to expand that to 109 buses and expand services into Lasalle and Tecumseh, 2 towns that border Windsor(literally) with 30,000 and 24,000 people respectively. The EZ Riders are low floor, so I don't understand that either. I've been in 702 to take pics and videos, and there is a wheelchair ramp at the front.

Just curious, how many people on here live in Windsor? So far that I know of it's just me, girardin_71, and I think Paco, your from Windsor too IIRC. Anybody else?

Here's all the major transit hubs in Windsor with the routes that go there.

Tecumseh Mall=1C,2,4,10.1cX,2X go near there.

Devonshire Mall=1A,7,14.

College Avenue Community Center=1C,2,3,3west, 7.

University of WIndsor=1C,1CX,2,2X.

St Clair College=5,6,6X,7.

Windsor Crossing=5,6.

Downtown Terminal=1A,2X,3west,4,5,6,6X,8,14,tunnel.

University Mall=3 goes near there.

Legacy Park=7,8.

Via Rail Station=2,2X(both go by)

Central Mall=1C,3(both go by there)

Windsor Airport=8.

Ya I remember seeing pics of that! lol. On page 27 of the TW Master Plan, they made mistakes with the retirement of the VIs. It says they're gonna retire 2 98s in 2014 and 5 in 2015, when there is only 6! I guess we might be getting 6 buses this year and 10 next year. 6 for replacement(both years) and 4 for expansion(next year). It also says more route improvements in 2007 and 2008, with Lasalle and Tecumseh routes in 2008, even though the 7 already serves a portion of Lasalle. Got some pics of some 2005 novas today downtown in the layover area of Goyeau. I'm gonna put a video on youtube in a bit of them too.

Weird, no signs of any damage. I wonder what it would be doing all the way over there on such short notice. If I see any drivers that I know tomorrow I'll ask them, and I'll also keep an eye out for 437 in case it's back already.

Transit Windsor 425 and 437 were in Toronto the weekend of November 4th and 5th. TTC was conducting a focus group study on seating arrangements for the upper rear level of the Orion VII buses.

A photo from that day is the photo of the month on the Toronto Transportation Society website. It can be found at the following link:

www.torontotransportationsociety.org

Kevin N

Sweet, I noticed(and man was I surprised) to see that 426, the other H&M bus, had its wrap ripped almost half off from the wind. Bad job on the wrapping if you ask me... It was on the right side of the bus at the front and the back. Also the other day dispatched told all the drivers to park their buses inside the garage that night after their shifts, so I guess that all 99 buses(maybe even the starcrafts too) can be stored inside the garage.

Transit Windsor 425 and 437 were in Toronto the weekend of November 4th and 5th. TTC was conducting a focus group study on seating arrangements for the upper rear level of the Orion VII buses.

A photo from that day is the photo of the month on the Toronto Transportation Society website. It can be found at the following link:

www.torontotransportationsociety.org

Kevin N

So that's why I got a picture of 437 on the 401! :P

I bet TTC chose TW because it's Canadian, and we have 2 different years with 2 different seating layouts at the back. That's an awesome picture too. Did anyone here ride the TW buses in TO by any chance?

I bet TTC chose TW because it's Canadian, and we have 2 different years with 2 different seating layouts at the back. That's an awesome picture too. Did anyone here ride the TW buses in TO by any chance?

I think they were there for testing at garages, not for passengers. Also, taking them out to get public feedback would make too much sense for TTC :P Imagine waiting on Dufferin and a TW VII comes and picks you up :lol:

That because TW is the only system who have the 04 VII in Ontario to have different rear configurations. I don't know about Thunder Bay, I would assume too far for them to deliver.

"Imagine waiting on Dufferin and a TW VII comes and picks you up"

I would be like WTF????

"That because TW is the only system who have the 04 VII in Ontario to have different rear configurations."

So is Windsor the only system in Ontario with that configuration on our 04s? Or is there others? I doubt the TTC ones are like that, cuz why would they want ours to test it then... I think it's the best configuration for the VIIs.(our 04s)

On a side note... I saw an Orion VII today with the ad racks on the sides of the bus removed and I have to say...man does it stand out, it looks soooo out of place.