Jan Boic

Welland Transit

Dave Stuart of Welland Transit announced, earlier this week, that January will bring in some new service times.

Effective Sunday, January 6, 2019, buses will run on the hour and half past.

If my "insider" with the company is correct, Sunday services start at 9 and will go until 6:30, with units alternating between routes.

Monday to Saturday will send an elimination of routes 510/511 in favour of services starting at 6:30am (normal routes). Buses will follow the transit model currently in place.

Stuart says the changes come after a 400% increase of ridership in the morning and at night.

7 hours ago, TechnicianKeith said:

Dave Stuart of Welland Transit announced, earlier this week, that January will bring in some new service times.

Effective Sunday, January 6, 2019, buses will run on the hour and half past.

If my "insider" with the company is correct, Sunday services start at 9 and will go until 6:30, with units alternating between routes.

Monday to Saturday will send an elimination of routes 510/511 in favour of services starting at 6:30am (normal routes). Buses will follow the transit model currently in place.

Stuart says the changes come after a 400% increase of ridership in the morning and at night.

I'll link the article about it here; https://www.stcatharinesstandard.ca/news-story/9072984-welland-transit-starting-engines-earlier-in-new-year/

1 hour ago, philipc22 said:

No silly. Those aren't New Flyer "D40i"s, they are New Flyer "New Flyer"s.

On 4/11/2019 at 5:59 PM, philipc22 said:

I am not sure what D40is you were referring to as your link does not lead anywhere useful but I found the following 

1161 for sale: https://www.govdeals.com/index.cfm?fa=Main.Item&itemid=308&acctid=5408 

0251 for sale: https://www.govdeals.com/index.cfm?fa=Main.Item&itemid=309&acctid=5408

1158 for sale: https://www.govdeals.com/index.cfm?fa=Main.Item&itemid=310&acctid=5408

7 hours ago, Thomasw said:

I am not sure what D40is you were referring to as your link does not lead anywhere useful but I found the following 

1161 for sale: https://www.govdeals.com/index.cfm?fa=Main.Item&itemid=308&acctid=5408 

0251 for sale: https://www.govdeals.com/index.cfm?fa=Main.Item&itemid=309&acctid=5408

1158 for sale: https://www.govdeals.com/index.cfm?fa=Main.Item&itemid=310&acctid=5408

His link was just to the search results. I believe those are the buses he's referring to

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Imgursdownvote4love said:

His link was just to the search results. I believe those are the buses he's referring to

Although I don't want to speak for him, I'm certain that's what it is, a summary.

I have to say, there's a lot of interesting listings this time around, for all agencies.

• Like 2

I was talking to a driver a few days ago, and she told me that Welland has at least 2 new units on order. She also says that at least 2 current fleet members will be retired. 

Judging by fleet age, I'm thinking the 1163 is next in the chopping block.

• Thanks 1

If you can even classify 1163 as "active". To my knowledge it hasn't gone out in months.

What I'm more curious about is what the other bus to be retired could be as I doubt they'd retire 1144 or 1145 so soon after they were refurbished.

1163 is still active; it was running 505 Lincoln Wellington today.

As for what other unit they could retire, many drivers have told me that they're having problems with the 1146. The 1155 is also in the garage frequently for coolant issues, and the 1149 looks to be on its last legs. It might be one of those.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

spotted retired welland cutaway 212 at jane and sheppard in toronto. Looks to be owned by dignity transportation. 

20190510_171728.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/18/2019 at 12:41 PM, TechnicianKeith said:

Well, 1158 and 1161 are no longer listed on GovDeals. Looks like they were snapped up.

Same with 0251.....

24 minutes ago, 97SCT said:

Same with 0251.....

That's sad to hear. It's only a matter of time before the 1163 gets sold off. I haven't seen it since last month.

I have a question for you guys: I thought I just saw a brand new unit in Welland: a Nova LFS 4, numbered unit 1174. It was running 506 Ontario, but only displaying 6.

2 hours ago, TechnicianKeith said:

I have a question for you guys: I thought I just saw a brand new unit in Welland: a Nova LFS 4, numbered unit 1174. It was running 506 Ontario, but only displaying 6.

Quite possible they picked up a new 2019 LFS.

Did 1163 get a replacement unit? Otherwise it may be an expansion unit, or additional maintenance spare.

If it's numbered 1174, I wonder if that means the ex-St Catharines units are internally numbered 1172-1173? Or are there other 2019 LFS...

1 hour ago, Articulated said:

Quite possible they picked up a new 2019 LFS.

Did 1163 get a replacement unit? Otherwise it may be an expansion unit, or additional maintenance spare.

If it's numbered 1174, I wonder if that means the ex-St Catharines units are internally numbered 1172-1173? Or are there other 2019 LFS...

I posted this, then saw another 2019 LFS, running 501 Broadway. I didn't see the unit number, but I can confirm that there is at least one other new unit.

The new Novas are numbered 1173-74. They got the extra rear ventilation and  American Seating Insight Prime+ seats.

48433145576_fe7fcd1f5d_o.jpg

48433289432_d1db5309d0_o.jpg

• Like 1

On 8/1/2019 at 3:44 PM, 97SCT said:

The new Novas are numbered 1173-74. They got the extra rear ventilation and  American Seating Insight Prime+ seats.

A fleet list that I received (no VINs unfortunately) show 1950 and 1951 for the Regional fleet as well. Are these in service yet?

1 hour ago, Seashore_518203 said:

A fleet list that I received (no VINs unfortunately) show 1950 and 1951 for the Regional fleet as well. Are these in service yet?

I have not known about those, I'll keep an eye out.