Welland Transit

ORION

• 2 months later...

1950 has officially re-entered service on regional runs. However, 1951 has sustained minor body cracking following some sort of collision. The back right corner has been duct taped back together.

1155 was reportedly backed into a wall at the garage, as well. Damage sustained was determined to be a large hole in the back right corner, next to the blinker.

Right now, the only vehicle in the fleet that has not been in a collision of and kind is 1174.

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...
7 hours ago, TechnicianKeith said:

I find it odd that the city retired her so soon after her repaint.

I wonder if 1145 and 1149 are next on the chopping block?

Could see 1145 up there soon. I did see 49 in service twice in the last couple weeks.

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, 97SCT said:

Is this a case of that ridership isn't there yet, or if the agency can't afford the initial return to full service?

On 12/15/2020 at 11:42 PM, newflyerinvero said:

Is this a case of that ridership isn't there yet, or if the agency can't afford the initial return to full service?

I have reason to believe it's due to the ridership not back to pre-COVID levels.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
8 hours ago, laliok said:

I saw a Welland Xcelsior arriving at Metro Truck Niagara in st Catharines. Couldn't see the number but it's either 1154 or 1155.

Might be 1155, I last saw it going onto the 406 off the roundabout a few months back.

• 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...

As seen on the TTS charter yesterday, Welland 0750, 0751, and 1145 are retired; they are sitting at the yard, still plated but with fareboxes and other components missing. I would presume that they were replaced earlier this year by Nova LFS buses 2250-2251 and 1175 respectively.

• 1 month later...