Welland Transit

ORION

• 5 weeks later...
On ‎10‎/‎18‎/‎2016 at 0:20 PM, orionbus said:

I'm willing to bet New Flyer is going to cease production of the MiDi. They're getting nowhere with it. Good for Grande West.

they didn't sell much in Canada doesn't mean they have to cease the production, look at how much sales Midi got in the States

Even though NFI is ceasing the production, or terminating the contract with ADL with the production of Midi in North America(which I don't see this happening as NFI needs that 30ft and 35ft bus model to fill their product line), ADL still has the ability to build them locally right now, just like their double decker Enviro 500

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
5 hours ago, 97SCT said:

Little thread bump, new Arbocs 1165 and 1166 also sport a new paintjob as well as a new logo for Welland Transit. Here is 1166 from today assigned on Route 4. They are Spirit of Freedom models with a V8 motor.

IMG_5962.JPG

A V8 motor...?  Would that not increase fuel costs exponentially?

Increased fuel costs may be offset by not having all the diesel after treatment components to maintain. I’ll defer to the bean counters to confirm.

To add, I’ve read that the 6.6l duramax was discontinued in 2016, was replaced in early 2017 with the 2.8l inline four cylinder mated to an eight speed transmission. That’s pretty small for a 28 foot bus, and probably why arboc does not appear to offer diesel with the GM platform anymore.

23 hours ago, Bus_Medic said:

Increased fuel costs may be offset by not having all the diesel after treatment components to maintain. I’ll defer to the bean counters to confirm.

To add, I’ve read that the 6.6l duramax was discontinued in 2016, was replaced in early 2017 with the 2.8l inline four cylinder mated to an eight speed transmission. That’s pretty small for a 28 foot bus, and probably why arboc does not appear to offer diesel with the GM platform anymore.

Ouch... and I thought Ford was pushing it with their V6 Powerstroke engine in the Micro-bird...  I don't blame them there.

2 hours ago, sdgta2008 said:

Ouch... and I thought Ford was pushing it with their V6 Powerstroke engine in the Micro-bird...  I don't blame them there.

I think the transit powerstrokes are the 3.2l in-line 5 cylinder, that might pull it off in a mini bird with an 8 speed or something, but not much heavier than that.

http://www.powerstrokehub.com/3.2-power-stroke.html

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Seashore_518203 said:

I really like the stylized W that was part of the logo since they started in 1973. It really is a shame that they decided to change it.

can't agree anymore, the new scheme is very boring comparing to the old one.....................

12 hours ago, 97SCT said:

All 3 of Welland's new Novas 1167-1169 had entered service last week.

39171359755_5c5aee5a8b_b.jpg

39171362875_1291e39b39_b.jpg

39171360625_9200096bdd_b.jpg

26156776378_e44282465e_b.jpg

Thx for sharing the great shots!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...