Welland Transit

ORION

43**

Cutaway? it's fine!

Spotted 1156 (ex-401) this morning. It was on layover at the terminal for awhile, then replaced Orion V 102 on the 4 Fitch Street, then did the mid-day NOTL Shuttle.

would love to see how the Invero looks like in Welland scheme, that would be appreciated if you can share a photo of it~~ thank you~

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

A new full-size bus will soon be rolling along the streets of the city.

The $441,000 bus purchase, approved by Welland city council last week, will allow Welland Transit to replace one of its remaining fleet of five Blue Bird buses that has been prone to breakdowns.

Welland Transit manager Alfred Stockwell said the new 40-seat Nova Bus, a full-sized accessible bus manufactured by a division of Volvo in Saint-Eustache, Qc., should be delivered by the spring and will be on the road in the city after a few months of preparation adding decals and radio equipment to it.

full story

Applied for Welland Transit last week, apparently there are openings every few months according to the HR department where I applied. Anyone know why?

they don't make much compared to their counterparts.. I'm sure that plays a factor when openings happen in the Falls,GO,St. Catharines etc.

Im glad to know that, I kinda was under the impression Ontario agencies made roughly the same as each other, with obvious exceptions. Do you know what they generally pay per hour starting?

My ultimate goal was for St. Catharines Transit but it doesn't seem like they hire too often. One of these days I suppose

A new full-size bus will soon be rolling along the streets of the city.

The $441,000 bus purchase, approved by Welland city council last week, will allow Welland Transit to replace one of its remaining fleet of five Blue Bird buses that has been prone to breakdowns.

Welland Transit manager Alfred Stockwell said the new 40-seat Nova Bus, a full-sized accessible bus manufactured by a division of Volvo in Saint-Eustache, Qc., should be delivered by the spring and will be on the road in the city after a few months of preparation adding decals and radio equipment to it.

full story

Well, it seems that we know what the Nova would be replacing. Mind you, media reports aren't always the best known sources for specific information on what buses will be replacing others. But, it seems like this is a sure bet.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...