Welland Transit

ORION

Starting to believe 102 or 103 will retire too as not many transit systems want to keep 20 year old high floor buses in there fleet.

Haha, Transit Windsor has 25 buses over 20 years; a quarter of the fleet. So you know where to go if you want to see some old classics or orion 5s (of which there are 3)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

In Welland today, 1149, the Eldorado BRT, was doing routes 1 Broadway and 8 Woodlawn.

Orion V 102 was out on the Port Colborne Link.

Oh and there will be a fare increase starting October 1st, the one way adult fare will be $2.75 up from $2.50. The N.O.T.L. and Brock Link routes will cost $3.50 from $3.25.

• 3 weeks later...

Welland now has their newest bus in service; unit 1155 which is a 2013 New Flyer Xcelsior XD40, it entered service last week and was on the 3 First Avenue today. Orion V 116 was also out in service assigned to the NOTL Link.

2013 New Flyer Xcelsior XD40 1155 ♿

Welland now has their newest bus in service; unit 1155 which is a 2013 New Flyer Xcelsior XD40, it entered service last week and was on the 3 First Avenue today. Orion V 116 was also out in service assigned to the NOTL Link.

http://www.flickr.co...57632676848874/

Nice! I thought there was some earlier discussion some time ago that the Blue Birds were considered to be very unreliable so I thought maybe they would have retired a few of those by now, but teh Wiki shows them still active. There was no mention that 102 or 103 were unreliable... Thoughts? I believe there was an article indicating how unreliable the Blue Birds were and IIRC, it sounded as though they were going to look at replacing those. I can understand if they retire 116 however.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Orion V 102 was out on the 2 Rice Road all morning. It went to the garage and replaced by 1144 during noon hour.

Unit 1155 was doing the 60/65. By noon hour, it was then switched to Route 3 which 1144 was serving earlier.

The loading bays have also been altered as all routes are in different spots at the terminal, apparently this change happened last month in relation to a change on the 5 Lincoln-Wellington route.

• 4 months later...

very interesting! Another property with used Invero besides Windsor(come on it's not going to be D40LF as illustrated, Welland WISH!)

"The buses will replace aging Welland Transit vehicles, as well as a bus that was involved in a collision on Hwy. 406 during a severe winter storm on March 12."

which bus is this that involved in collission and cannot be fixed? Don't tell me it's one of their newest Xcelsior!!! Too bad!

very interesting! Another property with used Invero besides Windsor(come on it's not going to be D40LF as illustrated, Welland WISH!)

"The buses will replace aging Welland Transit vehicles, as well as a bus that was involved in a collision on Hwy. 406 during a severe winter storm on March 12."

which bus is this that involved in collission and cannot be fixed? Don't tell me it's one of their newest Xcelsior!!! Too bad!

Last I was in Welland was back in February.....I'm kinda hoping it was another Blue Bird to be honest, but could be another one of those, or Orion V's 102 or 116, as I had seen 1153 on the NOTL Link a few times within the last few weeks.

Last I was in Welland was back in February.....I'm kinda hoping it was another Blue Bird to be honest, but could be another one of those, or Orion V's 102 or 116, as I had seen 1153 on the NOTL Link a few times within the last few weeks.

so it is one of the Orion V that involved in the accident? If not 1153 then it must have to be 116, as I don't think they are going to use 102 on the Brock run.........luckily not one of the Xcelsior!

so it is one of the Orion V that involved in the accident? If not 1153 then it must have to be 116, as I don't think they are going to use 102 on the Brock run.........luckily not one of the Xcelsior!

Hard to tell, all I can say is, it's not 1152 as I saw it last sporting a new Two Guys ad wrap on the driver's side, and definitely not 1154. 1155 is almost considered a backup as I seen it mostly on the 3 First Avenue and occasionally on the Regional routes. But now it's interesting how the Inveros will look in Welland's colors.....

Hard to tell, all I can say is, it's not 1152 as I saw it last sporting a new Two Guys ad wrap on the driver's side, and definitely not 1154. 1155 is almost considered a backup as I seen it mostly on the 3 First Avenue and occasionally on the Regional routes. But now it's interesting how the Inveros will look in Welland's colors.....

Just wondering would it be one of the Regional bus that got involved in the collision instead of a Welland Transit's bus?