Welland Transit

ORION

Don't forget Brantford, Cobourg and Burlington.

Last heard from Brantford that they need rebuilt in order to keep them on the road, wondering if they are being done or not

Cobourg's one is a disaster since day 1, that is well known already

Burlington's one seems to be fine......talked with foreman last year and doesn't come up with much issue yet at that point

Oakville and Milton's one.......well we all know.............

Porter Airlines got 3 of them as well........mmmmm "have fun" on this poor investment........

Last heard from Brantford that they need rebuilt in order to keep them on the road, wondering if they are being done or not

Cobourg's one is a disaster since day 1, that is well known already

Burlington's one seems to be fine......talked with foreman last year and doesn't come up with much issue yet at that point

Oakville and Milton's one.......well we all know.............

Porter Airlines got 3 of them as well........mmmmm "have fun" on this poor investment........

Porter does not own them, they are owned and operated by Pacific Western for Porter. Also last time I rode them in Aug, a few of the inside panels where held in place with tape.

Porter does not own them, they are owned and operated by Pacific Western for Porter. Also last time I rode them in Aug, a few of the inside panels where held in place with tape.

Because they are everyday use, they may last another few years (if lucky) as they are very constant maintaining the vehicle.

• 2 weeks later...

i give you.. 1152 complete (still not ready for the road for awhile tho)

In other news.. recently after that infamous bluebird lemon article, council has approved the removal of the blue bird starting next year with 1 then on a 1,2,1,2 cycle they are hoping NFI will be making a 35ft model to take this order as they are very impressed with New Flyers product..

118 will be done at the end of the year when it's safety is up

and the arrival of 1152 (whenever road worthy) and 1153 in March will push 115 & 116 as emergency use only

DSC08881.JPG

DSC083712.JPG

In other news.. recently after that infamous bluebird lemon article, council has approved the removal of the blue bird starting next year with 1 then on a 1,2,1,2 cycle they are hoping NFI will be making a 35ft model to take this order as they are very impressed with New Flyers product..

and the arrival of 1152 (whenever road worthy) and 1153 in March will push 115 & 116 as emergency use only

Thanks for your update, I am wondering if 1153 will be another ex-St Catharines Orion V or not? Again thanx for the great pics and info!

• 4 weeks later...

Is that ex St Catharines Orion V 1152 in service yet?! Thank you

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have some news from Welland Transit.

1. Welland has obtained 3 new Chevrolet/Goshen cutaways for the newly rebadged Welltrans. These are numbered 210-212.

100_4223 (800x600).jpg100_4224 (800x600).jpg100_4225 (800x600).jpg

2. The new Xcelsior has arrived. It is numbered 1152. Much like situation regarding Guelph's recently obtained NovaBus LFS from HSR, the ex St Catharines Orion V that shares the same number as the new Xcelsior will be renumbered 1153. Here are the photos I took.

100_4232 (800x600).jpg100_4234 (800x600).jpg100_4235 (800x600).jpg100_4236 (800x600).jpg100_4237 (800x600).jpg100_4238 (800x600).jpg

Hope you all enjoy this. I'd like to thank the friendly staff at Welland Transit for letting me take photos of this new unit.

I have some news from Welland Transit.

1. Welland has obtained 3 new Chevrolet/Goshen cutaways for the newly rebadged Welltrans. These are numbered 210-212.

2. The new Xcelsior has arrived. It is numbered 1152. Much like situation regarding Guelph's recently obtained NovaBus LFS from HSR, the ex St Catharines Orion V that shares the same number as the new Xcelsior will be renumbered 1153. Here are the photos I took.

Hope you all enjoy this. I'd like to thank the friendly staff at Welland Transit for letting me take photos of this new unit.

I like what I see so far :) Will it be 115 to retire? And those Goshen's are not a comfy ride. I rode one before and there were loads of complaints so I am expecting complaints about 210-212. They should have stuck to buying more Arbocs for Welltrans

It's funny you bring that up. 115 was actually getting inspected when I was there. I had the head mechanic pose it next to 1152 (new one). I did however notice that its sign was stuck. There was a card in front of the dash that read "Brock N/C" 115, if you look closely at the second window where the side sign would ordinarily be, also got a window transplant, from Guelph 142.

100_4233 (800x600).jpg

i would like to mention that the smoking Orion I 119, is now at Rusholme Road with 117. there is a yard on a side road beside the house with the Niagara Falls GM Classic on the front lawn which is where they are

EDIT- the location is Udine Avenue