hl7534

Transit Pet Peeves

List your Transit pet peeves (that you encounter very often, unlike a 'murphy's law')...

Mine:

- Passengers smoking in prohibited areas.

- Passengers spitting

- Having to wait for the King streetcar (I don't blame anyone, it's just frustrating)

- Loud children

- Bombardier T1

What annoys me are people who insist on standing in front of the side door exit, blocking it.

This never used to happen with our older Brill busses and early New Looks with the Jake Gate--that downward-curved, push barrier over the side stairwell, and which only moved in an outward direction.

I started a "Transit Murphy's Law" thread elsewhere in this site.

Lowfloor buses.

Orion buses.

LOL, that's a good one.

I guess I would say that low floors are a pet peeve of mine. Partially for the reason Tranzit listed (can also be a problem on Edmonton's LRT).

I hate when I'm standing by a wheel well... talking to a driver... and other people just start to congregated around there. Maybe I should move back, on the other hand there is TONS of space to move back so there's no reason they shouldn't.

People taking up a seat with a bag. I will try to pick out the person I figure I can annoy the most by sitting next to them if they are taking up an extra seat with a bag, and go and sit there.

Strollers, strollers, idiot drivers, slow drivers, loud music, creepy people, strollers, missing connections, people not moving back, idiot supervisors, clueless passengers, strollers... :P

My pet peeve is people with SUV strollers who take up 5 or 6 seats for 1 fare. I have no problem with that if the bus isn't busy, but if its getting crowded, people shouldn't be forced to stand for that. The worse cases of this I ever saw were both on Edmonton's BBC's, when two SUV strollers are at the front, completley preventing anyone from sitting on the front seats, and actually blocking the aisle forcing people trying to get on to squeeze by. Whatever happended to folding up strollers on the bus, and sitting the kid on you lap? And to make it worse, the people who got on the bus apoligized for squeezing between the strollers! The people with the strollers should have been apoligizing for blocking the aisle.

Pet Peeves:

I was on the 3 Bloor bus yesterday evening in Mississauga when some punk decided to swear at some kids and their father just for wanting the seats he was hogging.

Strollers, Strollers, Strollers

Bad placement of buses

Like Orion VIs in 20+ minute service on core routes? :D

I can't wait for March 2008... :P

Here are some of mine...

Strollers that aren't put in the wheelchair position, people craming around the front wheel wells, people not moving to the back of the bus when there's lots of room, Orion VIs on the 3's runs around Square One closing time.

people putting gum on chairs,chazy people,graffiti,people smoking in prohibited areas,and SUV strollers blocking walk ways.

Here are mine;

-LFS's, espcially 1st gen

-Doors that are too narrow (LFS!)

-Scratchiti

-People who drop their newspapers while looking at you in the face

-People who use seats for uses other than sitting

-A bus load of a-holes who ring the bell at every stop then the driver gets pissed and drives by all the stops (not often but really a b****!)

People on Don Mills that don't wear deodorant. Toonie lady. Inconsiderate operators. People that try to shove themselves onto the train before everyone has exited first (I push them back and give them hell). People who play their music loudly on board. People always asking me for directions like I have "MAP, ASK ME!!!" written on my forehead. People asking me, "when is the bus going to be here?" like I have a GPS locater for every bus with me. Drivers that are always early on their schedule.

People that congregate at the very front of a VII when there is plenty of room in the back. SUV strollers. People with SUV strollers congregating at the front of a VII. Getting my bike into a VII and getting dirty stares from other passengers because it takes up a lot of room and causing me to block seats more so than on a HF bus...

For that matter, the VII itself is a big pet peeve!

To add a few more:

- Teenagers who think and act like they are 'cool', while in reality they are probably no more cooler than George from Seinfeld.

- Confusing Japanese subway networks and station layouts (I can't count how many times I've been lost, especially in Umeda Station in Osaka)

- Garbage on subway tracks and platform (Only seems happen in N. America and Europe from my experience, almost never in East Asia)

- Graffiti (Rome subway has the most, although I haven't seen a single instance of it in Tokyo, Osaka or Seoul)

- People selling things inside the subway train (Happens everytime inside Seoul Subway)

New Looks.

And all other buses.

Dan

Hmmmm, rail fans are more dominations than bus fans! Sad but true! :lol:

As of my pet peeve:

• Rude and smelly passengers. That happened in Ottawa when I rode the Ikarus and it was the biggest stench I've ever smell when the guy exit!
  • Clueless passengers, all you do is argue to operators that you've used your energy.
  • Trash left on a bus, most cities like to left behind where there's no trash available.

There are few anti-LF fans around! Gotta love people bashing LF models!

-- Grafitti OF ANY KIND

--SUV strollers

--stupid , clueless parents with SUV strollers

--people who take thier eyes for granted READ THE DAMM SIGN ON THE FRONT OF THE DAMM BUS!

--1st Gen, NOVA LFS

--ignorant Drivers, CALL the Damm stop PLEASE......

--People grabbing my cane, it is NOT a stancition, is it YELLOW? NO? than DONT GRAB IT, JERKS!

--abusive customers, the drivers are HUMAN, not robots, IDIOTS!

--people who feel they need to speak or play their music Loudly on thier cellphones... I dont wanna hear your rap crap.

--screaming kids / teenagers.

-- I'm Blind, I HAVE a mind, NOW GET USED TO IT, dont sit there and grab my arm and dRAG me through the train Door, hot damm I didnt want to go EAST jerk, I was ON the WESTBOUND platform, dont you think I KNOW where I AM going.

Hmmm...perhaps we ought to organize a transit vigilante group and wander around looking for offenders:

Hey, YOU! Yeah, YOU! Pick up that newspaper you just dropped on the floor!

Hey, lady! Take your screaming brat off the bus--NOW!

Hey, punk! Gotcha! I'm making a citizen's arrest! Clean up that graffiti mess immediately! I'm calling the cops on my cellphone and let them deal with you later!

Hey, stupid! How bright are you to eat pizza on a crowded bus?

Hey, buddy! Dontcha know you're not supposed to block the exit?

Hey...(fill in the blank)...

:lol::D

Hmmm...perhaps we ought to organize a transit vigilante group and wander around looking for offenders:

Hey, punk! Gotcha! I'm making a citizen's arrest! Clean up that graffiti mess immediately! I'm calling the cops on my cellphone and let them deal with you later!

Clean it up? The hell with that. Turn the spray can, marker, whatever onto him. Hold them down draw things on their face... spray paint their clothes... Or follow them to their house and write all over their seats and walls.

HAHAHA.

*Back to reallity*

:D:lol:

Clean it up? The hell with that. Turn the spray can, marker, whatever onto him. Hold them down draw things on their face... spray paint their clothes... Or follow them to their house and write all over their seats and walls.

HAHAHA.

*Back to reallity*

:P:P

That's the spirit! We ought to organize, you know, the hooded uniform, the pepper spray or tazer gun! :P

Hey, kid! Yeah, YOU! Face down on the floor! Now eat that gum you just tossed down! Tastes good, eh? :o

That's the spirit! We ought to organize, you know, the hooded uniform, the pepper spray or tazer gun! :o

Hey, kid! Yeah, YOU! Face down on the floor! Now eat that gum you just tossed down! Tastes good, eh? :P

As funny as it is, the offenders would probably still not care anymore than they previously did. :P:P

Hey, kid! Yeah, YOU! Face down on the floor! Now eat that gum you just tossed down! Tastes good, eh? :P

Why stop at the piece of gum they tossed down when they can eat every peice of discarded gum within 10 feet of theirs?

Hey, kid! Yeah, YOU! Face down on the floor! Now eat that gum you just tossed down! Tastes good, eh? :o

That's hillarious! :P.

These are my Pet Peeves:

• People who crowed the front of LF buses next to the front wheels when there's space in the back.
  • People who crowed the front of LF buses next to the front wheels when there's space in the back.
  • People who only move to the back of the LF section of an LF bus and don't move up into the HF section when there's space.
  • People who block doorways
  • People who don't have their fare ready and the driver has to wait at the stop until they pay
  • People who talk loud on their cell phone or to other people next to them
  • "SUV" Strollers on packed buses/streetcars/trains, especially during rush hour
  • Smelly people who sit right next to you
  • When your waiting for a certain bus but another one shows up (for example, when I'm waiting for TTC VII Hybrid 1133 which has different seats and I get another Hybrid like 1100 or something) :P

That's all I can think of right now.