SMS

Sightings at the Nova Bus factory

235 posts in this topic

Friday afternoon at Saint-Eustache, on Highway 640, I saw the STO 0901.

The bus is old style et was probably out for his final road test. :lol:

Aw Man! I was hoping STO would finally be getting the T-Drive LFSs :D

You were hoping? You're not the one that has to ride the damn things everyday :lol:

If they've received it, they haven't put it on the road yet.

Alex

Yup, I say the samething as you..

Friday afternoon at Saint-Eustache, on Highway 640, I saw the STO 0901.

The bus is old style et was probably out for his final road test. :lol:

That could very well mean all old style LFS's for 2009 at the STO! Too bad for you guys out in STO land..

It annoys me, it would be nice to even get an updated front end for a change. Hell, even Leduc has one of each, now, since it looks like 3931 has had its front cap replaced with a BC-Style one (Or I misread the number when I saw it in Masson at the Flea Market, and they have a fourth LFS in the fleet)

Ok, drifting OT.

It annoys me, it would be nice to even get an updated front end for a change. Hell, even Leduc has one of each, now, since it looks like 3931 has had its front cap replaced with a BC-Style one (Or I misread the number when I saw it in Masson at the Flea Market, and they have a fourth LFS in the fleet)

Ok, drifting OT.

Isn't STO getting a larger batch of LFSs this year? Maybe the first ones will come with the old style and then later some T drive ones? Who knows.

Yeah, STO is getting a batch of 25 buses this year, largest since 2003 (28). Not sure if that counts, because I believe our '02s were supposed to be delivered in '01, then the first batch of '03s (0301-0313) were supposed to come in '02, then the other '03s (0314-0328) were actually supposed to be delivered in 2003.

Yes, this is how I'd talk IRL if I were to speak up every now and then.

Yeah, that is what a driver told me a couple of months back. I've got a driver that I regularly talk to on the 33 now, and next time I take his run is on Tuesday, I'll ask him if he knows anything.

Basically, what he told me was that they were been considering them this year, but due to the Rapibus (Ugh, that is such an awful name) being postponed, we're probably not getting them this year. Which is sad considering there are quite a few trips that could benefit from them,

At H-B Nord yesterday there were quite a few LFS with the new headlights running for MRC les Moulins, but none with the T-Drive end.

Are these 2008's by chance, which would explain it?

At H-B Nord yesterday there were quite a few LFS with the new headlights running for MRC les Moulins, but none with the T-Drive end.

Are these 2008's by chance, which would explain it?

They are 2008's (At least some of them). Some photos here > http://www.transitfan.com/gallery/v/gmnewl...lins/?g2_page=3

Interestingly, both 29221 and 29223 have new headlights, but 29221 has narrow front door and 29223 has wide front door. I wonder if they are from different orders??

PS Thunder Bay is getting 3 Novas as early as this June, and they like won't be T-drive, so not sure if other Ontario systems will get them anytime soon either...

They are 2008's (At least some of them). Some photos here > http://www.transitfan.com/gallery/v/gmnewl...lins/?g2_page=3

Interestingly, both 29221 and 29223 have new headlights, but 29221 has narrow front door and 29223 has wide front door. I wonder if they are from different orders??

I belive those companies order from last year and agree to have the old ends before the new ends kicks-in.

29223 has a WFD because of the wheelchair ramp.

Just a small note. I've noticed people refering to the new rear as the T-drive rear, however, the old design used the T-drive configuration, but offset. The new design is a centre mounted configuration.

Those 3 white artics at the factory, do they have fleet numbers on them at all? And would you have a picture of them? <_<

Those 3 white artics at the factory, do they have fleet numbers on them at all? And would you have a picture of them? <_<

Does anyone have any idea how Nova is able to produce so many LFSes for all these companies so fast? I'm seeing now that New York City is now testing out the LFS Artics, If they decide to order 500 or more of them how will this affect the production of Montreal's order?

Does anyone have any idea how Nova is able to produce so many LFSes for all these companies so fast? I'm seeing now that New York City is now testing out the LFS Artics, If they decide to order 500 or more of them how will this affect the production of Montreal's order?

The Plattsburgh plant is being built, so that's where the MTA Artics would be built if ever they decide to go with that. There might be some help from St-Eustache for such a big order.

I didn't see fleet numbers and its not possible to get pictures where they are parked. There at the back of the plant and only the highway goes by that side and I'm not dumb that I will stop my car on the side of the highway to get a picture..

The Plattsburgh plant is being built, so that's where the MTA Artics would be built if ever they decide to go with that. There might be some help from St-Eustache for such a big order.

Is there any indication whether Nova will follow the lead of New Flyer and Orion and use one plant for major body construction and the other for final assembly?

I didn't see fleet numbers and its not possible to get pictures where they are parked. There at the back of the plant and only the highway goes by that side and I'm not dumb that I will stop my car on the side of the highway to get a picture..

Ya I dont blame you there. Thanks for the info.

If they decide to order 500 or more of them how will this affect the production of Montreal's order?

If I remember correctly, MTA is only considering ordering about 100 Artics. (source: NYC Transit Forum)

Is there any indication whether Nova will follow the lead of New Flyer and Orion and use one plant for major body construction and the other for final assembly?

Not yet, but I'm going to say that with the Nova U.S plant opening soon, all U.S. orders should be built from start to finish at that location. As I mentioned, some new Nova artics are starting to come out of the St Eustache plant now and their definatly not for the MTA, but for most likely for a Quebec TA. I will be going by the Nova plant more often to see further developments on this...

Not yet, but I'm going to say that with the Nova U.S plant opening soon, all U.S. orders should be built from start to finish at that location. As I mentioned, some new Nova artics are starting to come out of the St Eustache plant now and their definatly not for the MTA, but for most likely for a Quebec TA. I will be going by the Nova plant more often to see further developments on this...

If they are for somebody, let's look a who it could be

STM - Need's Legendre extension to be complete, i don't know how the work advance up there.

RTC - Garage is nearly done on the outside, they are inside. Outside remains landscape and roads (it still dirt road to get to the garage!), more info when snow will melt enough.

RTL or STO ?

I say either STO or STM, but mainly STO.

If they are for somebody, let's look a who it could be

STM - Need's Legendre extension to be complete, i don't know how the work advance up there.

The LE expansion is pretty much finished for the artics. There are already buses parked in the new expansion to the garage, so we can accomodate the artics right now.

The LE expansion is pretty much finished for the artics. There are already buses parked in the new expansion to the garage, so we can accomodate the artics right now.

Yes there are also some NON-STM buses parked in the new expansion as well... :)

Yes there are also some NON-STM buses parked in the new expansion as well... :)

From which company?

From which company?

FHTCQ is storing their fleet there.