SMS

Sightings at the Nova Bus factory

261 posts in this topic

For now, I'll keep them in my personal file.

ahahahaha..i knew that one was coming..

ahahahaha..i knew that one was coming..

Is there a problem? Do I HAVE TO share ALL the photos of buses that I take just to make you happy? If you "knew that one was coming", why did you post? Is it a crime to keep some for myself, even for a few week/months????????

I learned that some photos are best not to be published at a certain time. I was in a place where I could have been easily rear ended by a car or a truck going 100+ km/h. Every time a car or truck would zoom by, the van would shake because of the draft. Now I'm a little insulted that you seem offended that I keep the pics to myself until the buses are put into service. I was putting my life in danger, as far as I know. As for the two modified artics, I am keeping those for private viewing, and anyway, you can't see them that good because of the trees.

If you're not happy with that, tough luck...

Hein05.gif

Is there a problem? Do I HAVE TO share ALL the photos of buses that I take just to make you happy? If you "knew that one was coming", why did you post? Is it a crime to keep some for myself, even for a few week/months????????

I learned that some photos are best not to be published at a certain time. I was in a place where I could have been easily rear ended by a car or a truck going 100+ km/h. Every time a car or truck would zoom by, the van would shake because of the draft. Now I'm a little insulted that you seem offended that I keep the pics to myself until the buses are put into service. I was putting my life in danger, as far as I know. As for the two modified artics, I am keeping those for private viewing, and anyway, you can't see them that good because of the trees.

Hein05.gif

In the words of SMS, No comment!

In the words of SMS, No comment!

That's 'cause you know I'm right...

For now, I'll keep them in my personal file. I don't want the fiasco of the STM 27-5XXs at Anjou to repeat. Once the buses are in service, I'll probably post them.

Not a problem. I keep many pictures in my personal files, such as factory pictures, that are asked not to be distributed on the web, and other related transit material. :lol:

Not a problem. I keep many pictures in my personal files, such as factory pictures, that are asked not to be distributed on the web, and other related transit material. :lol:

Thank you for understanding my point of view! :lol: After all, it's our responsability to make sure that some picture, such as factory pictures, like you said Jan, do not get distributed on the web. Security is an issue not to be joked about.

Hein05.gif

Safety matters first. If you can't take the picture of fears of getting rear ended, then don't.

A little heads up....the new STM HEV Hydrids are ready for delivery and are parked behind the Nova plant as of today! Appearently there in the normal STM livery, which I hope is not true... They are facing the Nova plant, so you cannot see if they have the new headlights though..

Hein05.gif

I fail to see how this is our problem...

Isn't there a safer place to go look at the NovaBus plant ? like, in their parking lot ?

The parking lot will likely show you nothing as all the good stuff is at the back; you have to see from the expressway to enjoy everything.

There is a lot of stuff on the 640 side of the Nova plant including a few articulated models and even one demonstrator. There was also one 40 footer with the new configuration at the back on site.

Seen at the plant adjacent to the parking lot is future STM 28-064 which looks ready for delivery. It was parked next to a CMBC bus also ready for delivery.

There is a lot of stuff on the 640 side of the Nova plant including a few articulated models and even one demonstrator. There was also one 40 footer with the new configuration at the back on site.

Seen at the plant adjacent to the parking lot is future STM 28-064 which looks ready for delivery. It was parked next to a CMBC bus also ready for delivery.

Nice sightings. I oughta pass by there sometime...

GUelph`s new buses should be there. they will be plain white because they get the new livery at the garage. They should be numbered 206-216.

Drove by the Nova plant today and all the demos are parked out back. This includes all the 40ft full back demos, the artic demos and the newer LFX demo. There's also one 1st gen STM LFS in the back. Besides that, there are no other buses to be found at the plant.

I can tell you had Novabus is building the 60ft artics right now. I drove by the Novabus plant today and there's 3 new all white ones and also a bunch of all white new T-Drive LFS's. If there for the STM, I have no clue. In the front are the final 3 2009 LFS's for the RTC #0919, 0920, 0921. Those RTC buses are the old style still.

I can tell you had Novabus is building the 60ft artics right now. I drove by the Novabus plant today and there's 3 new all white ones and also a bunch of all white new T-Drive LFS's. If there for the STM, I have no clue. In the front are the final 3 2009 LFS's for the RTC #0919, 0920, 0921. Those RTC buses are the old style still.
They might be STO, there is a rumor going around that they purchased some of the artics as a result of the demonstration we had last summer. However these are just rumors as we've seen no conformation yet. But I could see it happening as even though their current garage cannot maintain these things, they could work out a deal with OC Transpo in terms of maintenance as OC Transpo can and does maintain articulated buses. That would be a short term solution until their new garage opens.

They might be STO, there is a rumor going around that they purchased some of the artics as a result of the demonstration we had last summer.

Yeah, that is what a driver told me a couple of months back. I've got a driver that I regularly talk to on the 33 now, and next time I take his run is on Tuesday, I'll ask him if he knows anything.

And I figure if STO is taking over maintenance of OC's LFSs, then there shouldn't be a problem with OC taking some artics.

Yeah, that is what a driver told me a couple of months back. I've got a driver that I regularly talk to on the 33 now, and next time I take his run is on Tuesday, I'll ask him if he knows anything.

And I figure if STO is taking over maintenance of OC's LFSs, then there shouldn't be a problem with OC taking some artics.

Sounds good to me.

Also it would be interesting if those 3rd gen white 40 foot buses are also STO, finally no closet! :D

RTC should receive app. 25 mores 40' LFS this fall and app. 25 artics during summer.

So it that mean that RTC #0921 has a very slight chance to be the last LFS with wardrobe

What are the "run" numbers on the T-drive LFS?

What are the "run" numbers on the T-drive LFS?

If your refering to the all white ones, those were at the back of the Nova plant with the front facing the wall. They could be the STM's, since the STM is getting their LFS's delivered all white now. We'll now when they are ready to be delivered and get parked in the front of the plant.

Sounds good to me.

Also it would be interesting if those 3rd gen white 40 foot buses are also STO, finally no closet! :D

Friday afternoon at Saint-Eustache, on Highway 640, I saw the STO 0901.

The bus is old style et was probably out for his final road test. B)

Is it confirmed that the group Gaudreault (MRC Moulins) has received the first T-Drive Lfs's (40ft) ?

Is it confirmed that the group Gaudreault (MRC Moulins) has received the first T-Drive Lfs's (40ft) ?

If they've received it, they haven't put it on the road yet. I was at Terminus Terrebonne this week and didn't see any of the new full-back LFSes...

Alex