SMS

Sightings at the Nova Bus factory

254 posts in this topic

On 4/19/2017 at 7:30 PM, MTL66 said:

STO 1725 to 1730 were sitting out front of Nova Bus ready for Delivery. 40 Ft Hybrids

Could this large order of 30+ buses replace all of the remaining classics? We better hurry and try to catch a ride on one before it's too late!

It depends if the STO is interested in fleet expansion, it also depends what they do with their new garage in Gatineau. They could very well keep a few Classics in storage. I have not been able to procure a fleet roster from them despite being a charter customer for years. It would seem like a wasted investment for them to have purchased those ex-Calgary Classics if they were going to retire them right away. Then again, perhaps those buses were merely a stopgap measure.

I saw an STO Artic hybrid 1706 a few weeks ago. From what I was told, the classics are no longer being rebuilt and being retired as soon as the cost is too great to repair them.

3 people like this

9 hours ago, MTL66 said:

I saw an STO Artic hybrid 1706 a few weeks ago. From what I was told, the classics are no longer being rebuilt and being retired as soon as the cost is too great to repair them.

My guess is that the oldest ones will retire first. Since the Calgary classics were recently rebuilt, my guess is that they will be the last to retire, maybe in 5 years.

1 person likes this