SMS

Sightings at the Nova Bus factory

261 posts in this topic

On 4/19/2017 at 7:30 PM, MTL66 said:

STO 1725 to 1730 were sitting out front of Nova Bus ready for Delivery. 40 Ft Hybrids

Could this large order of 30+ buses replace all of the remaining classics? We better hurry and try to catch a ride on one before it's too late!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It depends if the STO is interested in fleet expansion, it also depends what they do with their new garage in Gatineau. They could very well keep a few Classics in storage. I have not been able to procure a fleet roster from them despite being a charter customer for years. It would seem like a wasted investment for them to have purchased those ex-Calgary Classics if they were going to retire them right away. Then again, perhaps those buses were merely a stopgap measure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I saw an STO Artic hybrid 1706 a few weeks ago. From what I was told, the classics are no longer being rebuilt and being retired as soon as the cost is too great to repair them.

4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, MTL66 said:

I saw an STO Artic hybrid 1706 a few weeks ago. From what I was told, the classics are no longer being rebuilt and being retired as soon as the cost is too great to repair them.

My guess is that the oldest ones will retire first. Since the Calgary classics were recently rebuilt, my guess is that they will be the last to retire, maybe in 5 years.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have their been any new RTC buses spotted at the factory lately?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, OCSTOFan said:

Have their been any new RTC buses spotted at the factory lately?

Don't think the RTC has any on order for now. They just completed delivery of a rather large order of 36 buses, and also the 23 artic hybrids last year. RTC will have Van Hool hybrids for route 21 though.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 05/06/2017 at 5:30 AM, anyfong said:

Don't think the RTC has any on order for now. They just completed delivery of a rather large order of 36 buses, and also the 23 artic hybrids last year. RTC will have Van Hool hybrids for route 21 though.

Routes 11 and 21 will be merged. Gone will be route 21 and route 11 will be still in service. And that also meaans routes 1, 1a and 111 will be scrapped.

http://www.rtcquebec.ca/Default.aspx?tabid=355&language=fr-CA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, gmnewlook said:

Routes 11 and 21 will be merged. Gone will be route 21 and route 11 will be still in service. And that also meaans routes 1, 1a and 111 will be scrapped.

http://www.rtcquebec.ca/Default.aspx?tabid=355&language=fr-CA

Route 1 remains intact (as it does serve a totally different area) ... Route 21, 1A and 111 are abolished to make place to the new 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, I didn't go into the details here. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2017-06-12 at 7:52 AM, gmnewlook said:

Routes 11 and 21 will be merged. Gone will be route 21 and route 11 will be still in service. And that also meaans routes 1, 1a and 111 will be scrapped.

http://www.rtcquebec.ca/Default.aspx?tabid=355&language=fr-CA

So will the merged routes be served together with the Van Hool hybrids? Or will it be a mix of Van Hool and Nova Bus hybrids?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can we get back on topic here, this discussion should coninue in the RTC Thread

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now