SMS

Sightings at the Nova Bus factory

254 posts in this topic

Are there any 2016 RTC Novas in service yet? I've seen photos of 1601, 1602 & 1603 sitting idle in plain white.

9 minutes ago, OCSTOFan said:

Are there any 2016 RTC Novas in service yet? I've seen photos of 1601, 1602 & 1603 sitting idle in plain white.

None of the 40 footers are in service yet. Of course most of the 2016 artics are in service by now.

16 minutes ago, anyfong said:

They have been produced up to 1635.

RTC? I thought they were expecting only 12 units this year. Could it be another TA?

2 hours ago, Andru said:

RTC? I thought they were expecting only 12 units this year. Could it be another TA?

Frameless windows, front roof, LED headlights, and the number on the windshield. Look closely at my attached photo.

IMG_7107(2).jpg

3 people like this

15 hours ago, Andru said:

RTC was expected to receive 36 std. hybrids and 23 articulated hybdrids based on the published 2016 budget

1 person likes this

Was that TTC 8638 in the photo? if so are 2017 buses will be delivered ahead of time. If my eyes are still good, it looks as if we are still getting these damn backwards seats.

39 minutes ago, eclair14 said:

RTC was expected to receive 36 std. hybrids and 23 articulated hybdrids based on the published 2016 budget

I put 1601-1612 on the wiki because I saw the VIN's on this website and it only listed 1601-1612: http://busfanplace.com/stcuq_list/stcuqlis.htm

**though at this moment the website seems to be down, this happened when they added the VIN's for the artic hybrids, so they're probably adding VIN's for 1613-1635.

12 minutes ago, FlyerD901 said:

Was that TTC 8638 in the photo? if so are 2017 buses will be delivered ahead of time. If my eyes are still good, it looks as if we are still getting these damn backwards seats.

That was TTC 8608. The seating arrangement won't change because they wanted every unit to be consistent. I don't really mind the backward seats since this layout allows more seats as well as much better legroom than the Orion VII in the rear, although to me this arrangement here (https://www.flickr.com/photos/kalung1/23175942352/) towards the back looks better than that of the 40ft LFS and the artics.

On ‎12‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 2:37 PM, anyfong said:

I put 1601-1612 on the wiki because I saw the VIN's on this website and it only listed 1601-1612: http://busfanplace.com/stcuq_list/stcuqlis.htm

**though at this moment the website seems to be down, this happened when they added the VIN's for the artic hybrids, so they're probably adding VIN's for 1613-1635.

That was TTC 8608. The seating arrangement won't change because they wanted every unit to be consistent. I don't really mind the backward seats since this layout allows more seats as well as much better legroom than the Orion VII in the rear, although to me this arrangement here (https://www.flickr.com/photos/kalung1/23175942352/) towards the back looks better than that of the 40ft LFS and the artics.

The seating arrangement is horrible. Its awkward, I rather the perimeter seating the Brampton LFS has, it encourages people to move back, something people don't do enough of. And I can't blame them, especially with the current layout. Hopefully the 2017 buses are rearranged. TTCs LFSAs are better.

I saw 3 17xx of the STL in the front of Nova bus plant.  Virtually nothing new from the outside and I think they will be in the STL depot pretty soon.  I think there was a 37-xxx of the STM beside them, but it wasn't so clear.

1 person likes this

Frameless windows are back at the STM! 37-006 photographed. STS Sherbrooke 67103 also seen.

IMG_7569(1).jpg

4 people like this

I guess it won't be to long before we see them on the road!!!

1 person likes this

37-001 to 37-004 are ready for Delivery at Nova Bus. They should be arriving anyday now.

3 people like this

Are these buses going to be solely for fleet expansion or are they going to replace the 21-XXX now that they're 16 years old?

Driver training for hybrids starts next week at Stinson. Rumour has it that we will be getting a bunch. 

1 person likes this

18 hours ago, novalfs26001 said:

Driver training for hybrids starts next week at Stinson. Rumour has it that we will be getting a bunch. 

My gareur friend said all 107 are supposed to go to Stinson.

4 hours ago, MTL66 said:

My gareur friend said all 107 are supposed to go to Stinson.

Wow!  Half of me says yea... Half of our 40 ft buses will have a/c!  The other half says oh no.. the 21-000s will be gone!

Are there any new 2017 STO buses waiting there?

9 hours ago, OCSTOFan said:

Are there any new 2017 STO buses waiting there?

I did not see any.

11 hours ago, tommike said:

hi any more photo of the viva buses?

From yesterday:

IMG_7679(1).jpg

2 people like this

STO 1725 to 1730 were sitting out front of Nova Bus ready for Delivery. 40 Ft Hybrids

3 people like this

1 hour ago, MTL66 said:

STO 1725 to 1730 were sitting out front of Nova Bus ready for Delivery. 40 Ft Hybrids

Saw that as well last week. Also there was an all-white artic hybrid with STO specs sitting in front of the plant.