Sightings at the Nova Bus factory

SMS

On 4/19/2017 at 7:30 PM, MTL66 said:

STO 1725 to 1730 were sitting out front of Nova Bus ready for Delivery. 40 Ft Hybrids

Could this large order of 30+ buses replace all of the remaining classics? We better hurry and try to catch a ride on one before it's too late!

It depends if the STO is interested in fleet expansion, it also depends what they do with their new garage in Gatineau. They could very well keep a few Classics in storage. I have not been able to procure a fleet roster from them despite being a charter customer for years. It would seem like a wasted investment for them to have purchased those ex-Calgary Classics if they were going to retire them right away. Then again, perhaps those buses were merely a stopgap measure.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MTL66 said:

I saw an STO Artic hybrid 1706 a few weeks ago. From what I was told, the classics are no longer being rebuilt and being retired as soon as the cost is too great to repair them.

My guess is that the oldest ones will retire first. Since the Calgary classics were recently rebuilt, my guess is that they will be the last to retire, maybe in 5 years.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
12 hours ago, OCSTOFan said:

Have their been any new RTC buses spotted at the factory lately?

Don't think the RTC has any on order for now. They just completed delivery of a rather large order of 36 buses, and also the 23 artic hybrids last year. RTC will have Van Hool hybrids for route 21 though.

• Like 1

On 05/06/2017 at 5:30 AM, anyfong said:

Don't think the RTC has any on order for now. They just completed delivery of a rather large order of 36 buses, and also the 23 artic hybrids last year. RTC will have Van Hool hybrids for route 21 though.

Routes 11 and 21 will be merged. Gone will be route 21 and route 11 will be still in service. And that also meaans routes 1, 1a and 111 will be scrapped.

http://www.rtcquebec.ca/Default.aspx?tabid=355&language=fr-CA

17 minutes ago, gmnewlook said:

Routes 11 and 21 will be merged. Gone will be route 21 and route 11 will be still in service. And that also meaans routes 1, 1a and 111 will be scrapped.

Route 1 remains intact (as it does serve a totally different area) ... Route 21, 1A and 111 are abolished to make place to the new 11

On 2017-06-12 at 7:52 AM, gmnewlook said:

So will the merged routes be served together with the Van Hool hybrids? Or will it be a mix of Van Hool and Nova Bus hybrids?

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
4 minutes ago, tommike said:

do any know if the 2018 buses will have a new look or anything new added ?

Based on what I've seen with the Delivery of 21802 at RTL, as well as buses seen at trade shows such as UITP earlier this year... that's a solid nope! Expect more of the same.

• 3 months later...
3 hours ago, anyfong said:

Lots of new buses at Nova Bus today including more than a dozen 38-xxx's for STM, a few for Laval, and a few for Windsor.

IMG_1535(1).jpg

IMG_1533(1).jpg

Will these buses have the new Cummins B6.7 engines like the STOs?

On 31/03/2018 at 6:31 AM, MTL66 said:

Units for the TTC, Orillia Transit, Laval, Longueuil, STM, Regina? were all sitting along the wall facing the parking lot at Nova Bus Today. Spotted while doing a delivery there today.

On 01/04/2018 at 11:15 AM, anyfong said:

Lots of new buses at Nova Bus today including more than a dozen 38-xxx's for STM, a few for Laval, and a few for Windsor.

IMG_1535(1).jpg

IMG_1533(1).jpg

Thank you the information guys! Everyone else will just have to wait and find out like the rest of us.