Sightings at the Nova Bus factory

SMS

Parked outside include:

P0 (first generation LFS articulated demonstrator);

Buses numbered 0701-0708, without livery, probably for RTC because fleet numbers were also on the windshield below the Balios;

STO diesel hubrid in wrap 0701

Parked outside include:

P0 (first generation LFS articulated demonstrator);

Buses numbered 0701-0708, without livery, probably for RTC because fleet numbers were also on the windshield below the Balios;

STO diesel hubrid in wrap 0701

Where you able to get a good shot of the first artic demo? No signs of Nova making the STM's LFS HEV's yet?

I didn't bring a camera with me, in fact I was reluctant too because I'm sure security wouldn't like it. I'm going to see if I can get clearance from Novabus. Didn't see any HEVs on the 640 side or the access road side other than STO 0701.

Not quite the same, but I didn't want to create another thread for it;

Novabus delivered their 2007 LFS order to STL recently. While busfanning the 37 yesterday I saw a whole row of (what I know now are new) LFS on the far side of the property. A friendly driver told me today that they are now having their seats installed. I figure these will hit the road very soon. As to how many there are I am not sure but I conservatively guess 12, since they received that number in 2005 and 2006.

During the charter of STL 5808, we passed by the Nova plant and saw a few interesting buses. Here's a list of what we saw:

- Brand new RTC 2007 LFS's 0701 to 0717, but there could have been more parked around.

- Strathcona County Transit LFS suburban #932

- A brand new all white Nova LFS HEV!

- Nova LFS artic 2nd demo #190-01

- The very 1st Nova LFS artic demo in STM colors

- A first gen LFS in bad condition with half it's livery removed, but from what was left of it, it looked like a BC Transit LFS.

There were a few other randome LFS's too.

• 5 months later...
During the charter of STL 5808, we passed by the Nova plant and saw a few interesting buses. Here's a list of what we saw:

- Brand new RTC 2007 LFS's 0701 to 0717, but there could have been more parked around.

- Strathcona County Transit LFS suburban #932

- A brand new all white Nova LFS HEV!

- Nova LFS artic 2nd demo #190-01

- The very 1st Nova LFS artic demo in STM colors

- A first gen LFS in bad condition with half it's livery removed, but from what was left of it, it looked like a BC Transit LFS.

There were a few other randome LFS's too.

I visited the Nova Bus factory today with other RTL driver. Here's what I saw:

- RTC 0733, 0734 & 0735, many others without fleet number, and other being built

- BC Transit Translink 9689 to 9695, many other without fleet number and some being built

- 1st artic with STM colors, the builder's plate says Sept. 1999 and the bus has the new dash board like on RTL 207XX

- 190-01 artic with a new rear!!!! which include a full window, the destination sign a the centre bottom of the window, two red stripes on each sides of the bus, break lights and turn signals are on that stripe. Didn't look very nice.

- A 3rd artic with a full window at the rear, I didn't see it from the back because it was park too close from the wall. Inside looks similar to 190-01. This bus will be a demo at the CUTA Trans-Expo in Quebec City next November.

No STM, RTL or STL buses were there, I brought my camera but didn't take any pictures because we were not allowed.

I visited the Nova Bus factory today with other RTL driver. Here's what I saw:

- RTC 0733, 0734 & 0735, many others without fleet number, and other being built

- BC Transit Translink 9689 to 9695, many other without fleet number and some being built

- 1st artic with STM colors, the builder's plate says Sept. 1999 and the bus has the new dash board like on RTL 207XX

- 190-01 artic with a new rear!!!! which include a full window, the destination sign a the centre bottom of the window, two red stripes on each sides of the bus, break lights and turn signals are on that stripe. Didn't look very nice.

- A 3rd artic with a full window at the rear, I didn't see it from the back because it was park too close from the wall. Inside looks similar to 190-01. This bus will be a demo at the CUTA Trans-Expo in Quebec City next November.

No STM, RTL or STL buses were there, I brought my camera but didn't take any pictures because we were not allowed.

Uh, don't send that first gen mutant artic here.

So now, the LFS rear tailights are arranged horizontally if I understand correctly, right? Like a traditional car?

Unless something bad happens, I should be able to take photos and I'll share the best ones with you guys. (That should be the focus of your next CAAQ meeting... :lol:)

Are you interested in joining? I am also setting up a discussion board that should be operational by next Friday. Oh, there's no dictatorship. BTW, yours truly is the VP of this new organisation. :D

I wonder if it takes as long to churn out a New Flyer... an Orion... a GM New Look... isn't it great when we talk complete bullshit not knowing the subject at hand. There's always a catch: too slow means too long for deliveries, too fast means shoddy product. GIMME A BREAK. They'd be out of business in 96 if it were like that.

• 2 weeks later...

OK... driving on A20 West (direction Toronto) around Coteau-du-Lac... saw a brand new LFS test driven on EB A20 direction Montreal. It was white... decidedly a hybrid given the stuff on top... had the new front headlights.... rear config still the same. I was pretty surprised.

OK... driving on A20 West (direction Toronto) around Coteau-du-Lac... saw a brand new LFS test driven on EB A20 direction Montreal. It was white... decidedly a hybrid given the stuff on top... had the new front headlights.... rear config still the same. I was pretty surprised.

Probably the same all white hybrid demo we saw at the plant when we were there on your charter.

• 2 weeks later...

Today I left work at 10AM to go to my doctor cause I was feeling worse than this morning (darn bronchitis again....). After registering at the clinic, they told me to come back at 3:15PM, so that means a 4 hour wait. So I decided to head to St-Eustache and go see what's at the NovaBUS plant. on the side of the 640, I saw all three LFS artics, the last two had the modified rear with the full width window. I managed to park on the side of the road with myhazards and snap some pics.

Also, I saw a number of GRT and BC Translink LFSs. On the boulevard Industriel side, I saw a Sudbury LFS next to the new demo. The demo has the new front. Got pics of that too.

I'll look at my pics later and see which LFSs have their fleet numbers.

• Root Admin
Today I left work at 10AM to go to my doctor cause I was feeling worse than this morning (darn bronchitis again....). After registering at the clinic, they told me to come back at 3:15PM, so that means a 4 hour wait. So I decided to head to St-Eustache and go see what's at the NovaBUS plant. on the side of the 640, I saw all three LFS artics, the last two had the modified rear with the full width window. I managed to park on the side of the road with myhazards and snap some pics.

Also, I saw a number of GRT and BC Translink LFSs. On the boulevard Industriel side, I saw a Sudbury LFS next to the new demo. The demo has the new front. Got pics of that too.

Are you able to post some pictures?

Do you have fleet numbers for the GRT LFSs?

Are you able to post some pictures?

For now, I'll keep them in my personal file. I don't want the fiasco of the STM 27-5XXs at Anjou to repeat. Once the buses are in service, I'll probably post them.

Do you have fleet numbers for the GRT LFSs?

2722 and 2723, the others didn't have any. BC Translink's were V9719, 9721, 9722, 9723 and 9725. Like the GRTs, the others didn't have the fleet numbers yet. There were about 15 in all. I remember, I also saw an RTC LFS on the other side of the building. BTW, the Sudbury LFS was 763.