Iowa Transit

busfreak99

How about some buses from Iowa the land of corn?

Systems include

Cambus University of Iowa Transit Iowa City Iowa

Five Seasons Parking and Transportation Cedar Rapids Iowa

KeyLine Transit Dubuque Iowa

Iowa City Transit Iowa City Iowa

Metropolitan Transit Authority of Blackhawk County- Waterloo Iowa

Comments are always welcome!

Enjoy!!

The Quad Cities Very Own

James Roach

busfreak99

Cambus_73_1.jpg

Cedar_Rapids_290.jpg

Dubuque_2568_3.JPG

Iowa_City_32.JPG

Waterloo_9204.JPG

Cool!

The 2nd photo, the buses behind the RTS, what are those?

The 4th photo, what model of bus is that?

Thanks!

in the 2nd photo it looks like Thomas or Bluebird school bus chassies buses

and is that RTS a Nova? its looks newer

they 4th photo is that a MAN bus? opps it says Scania on the front, would that make

it a ex NYC 1980's demo bus?

the second pic is a tmc rts former greenville south carolina buses. the buses behind the rts are bluebird q-buses theyre 1995 hybrid buses. The 4th pic is a Saab Scania CN-112 Original Iowa city transit they also received 3 demo models from scania also.

As requested is a Dubuque door side and a cedar rapids bluebird hybrid

Dubuque_2565_3.JPG

Cedar_Rapids_H5.JPG

Wow, a Blue Bird hybrid? Interesting.

Must not go very far on the other fuel - anything it would be powered from would have to be stored under the floor - not too much room!

The Hybrid buses Cedar Rapids have 65000 miles on them. They are plagued with problems and have sat at the garage most of their lives. Cedar Rapids is in the process of replacing them.

James Roach

busfreak

The Hybrid buses Cedar Rapids have 65000 miles on them. They are plagued with problems and have sat at the garage most of their lives. Cedar Rapids is in the process of replacing them.

James Roach

busfreak

What year are they BTW?

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I'm back from Iowa guys and Keyline Transit's general manager showed me their old little facility and their bus collection. I was able to take pics of one fishbowl and one RTS outside. I got the other fishbowl elsewhere in Dubuque at another garage where it was being serviced. They're another cool system that is willing to show true bus fans around. The manager asked if I knew James Roach and I said that I knew of him for sure, and that he was one of the biggest fans in Iowa. I certainly believe that!

I'm back from Iowa guys and Keyline Transit's general manager showed me their old little facility and their bus collection. I was able to take pics of one fishbowl and one RTS outside. I got the other fishbowl elsewhere in Dubuque at another garage where it was being serviced. They're another cool system that is willing to show true bus fans around. The manager asked if I knew James Roach and I said that I knew of him for sure, and that he was one of the biggest fans in Iowa. I certainly believe that!

Wow, I feel like a celebrity!

I hope you enjoyed your trip to Iowa look forward to seeing pics!

James Roach

busfreak99

• 2 weeks later...

Here's but a small selection of what I got in Dubuque a week and a half ago. I don't really want to share more because of the copyright infringement that seems to take place on the web with good transit pics

I have their two remaining GM New Looks in revenue service (there is another one, 2522, as a parts bus inside the division). I also have a pic with an RTS. The pics with me were taken by the transit manager Jon, a really cool guy!

Unfortunately 2504 was off site for repairs but I was able to get the address of where it was and I got some pics there. Everything else was done at their really old division. There were still tramway tracks in there too! It's really cool to see old garages like that.

Keyline_Transit_2504.jpg

Keyline_Transit_2510.jpg

Keyline_Transit_2559.jpg

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Here's but a small selection of what I got in Dubuque a week and a half ago. I don't really want to share more because of the copyright infringement that seems to take place on the web with good transit pics

I have their two remaining GM New Looks in revenue service (there is another one, 2522, as a parts bus inside the division). I also have a pic with an RTS. The pics with me were taken by the transit manager Jon, a really cool guy!

Unfortunately 2504 was off site for repairs but I was able to get the address of where it was and I got some pics there. Everything else was done at their really old division. There were still tramway tracks in there too! It's really cool to see old garages like that.

Finally found your Iowa shots. Very nice! Too bad the bowls' were ruined by the add-on wheelchair lift! UGH!