Worst Smelling Subway Stations

Islington smells so bad due to all the sewer leaks and go check any corner in that station you'll find another reason. :)

They never should have closed the washrooms there!

With the stuff that was going on in those washrooms, the TTC really had no choice. I won't divulge the stories in detail (many involving certain parts of the body).... but yeah. There was no choice there... it had to be done.

With the stuff that was going on in those washrooms, the TTC really had no choice. I won't divulge the stories in detail (many involving certain parts of the body).... but yeah. There was no choice there... it had to be done.

Oh, I thought it was due to Kipling.

I remember using the Warden washroom when I was younger; I actully found them clean :lol:

It's not a coincidence, if I were to rank the TTC's washrooms, Warden actually comes in 3rd, and due to its age, almost 2nd.

My own order is

1) Don Mills

2) Sheppard-Yonge

3) Warden

4) Eglinton

5) Kipling/Kennedy/Downsview/Finch/Wilson/Bloor/Yonge- which are "unrankable" as they are all disgusting, you can smell the terror steps before you're even in the washroom!

Well I remember reading this article in the Toronto star about it, I'll try and find the article.

If the logic about the "groceness" at Islington is correct, then the reason why Warden didn't have that is quite clear. Warden's washroom is right in the middle of the bus bay waiting area, so it would be heavily used by the public. Islington, on the other hand, is off in the corner of the mezzanine, and most passengers who come from MT buses or TTC buses would only go out of their way to find it if they have to. While at Warden somebody like me would see the washroom sign and go, that's a good idea, I better go now, while at Islington I would miss the washroom.

Eglinton's washroom wasn't looking too good when I HAD to use it last year....For the worst smelling station I would definately say Midland, makes you want to puke everytime...

Well Midland is situated by a recycling facilty and a truck yard for the Toronto Waste Management.

My own order is

1) Don Mills

2) Sheppard-Yonge

3) Warden

4) Eglinton

5) Kipling/Kennedy/Downsview/Finch/Wilson/Bloor/Yonge- which are "unrankable" as they are all disgusting, you can smell the terror steps before you're even in the washroom!

I would say Sheppard-Yonge is a tad better than Don Mills just from personal experience.

What are you guys all complaining about. The subway doesn't smell that bad. If such weak smells makes you delicate ladies feel sick don't ride the commuter trains in India, now that can get bad.

On the other hand the best smelling station I have ever been to is Bournville in Birmingham, England. Man that station had the best smell ever, it was next to a Cadbury chocalate factory!

Islington's is no weak smell, especially by the MT booth.

But Kipling, Don Mills and Sheppard and Yonge, you got to be kidding me.

I like the smell at Kipling, when entering from Subway Crescent, mmmmmm TTC subway smell. :huh:

The Sheppard platform at S-Y is pleasant with Cinnabon!