OurBus

Lu Haobang

OurBus is now offering Ottawa-Toronto trips.  Street stops at both termini, with pickup/dropoff also available in Whitby and Kingston.

The ticket price is shown as $9.52.  However, a "booking fee", "fuel surcharge fee", and "facility fee" are all added, making the actual price $19.95. Airlines are no longer allowed to do this sort of pricing structure in Canada, but AFAIK there's nothing preventing a bus service from doing so.  Kinda scummy though.

53 minutes ago, Lu Haobang said:

OurBus is now offering Ottawa-Toronto trips.  Street stops at both termini, with pickup/dropoff also available in Whitby and Kingston.

The ticket price is shown as $9.52.  However, a "booking fee", "fuel surcharge fee", and "facility fee" are all added, making the actual price $19.95. Airlines are no longer allowed to do this sort of pricing structure in Canada, but AFAIK there's nothing preventing a bus service from doing so.  Kinda scummy though.

It appears to be using Coach Western, which means the copper coloured TEMSA will probably be one of the main buses on the route. I calculated that there's at least two buses on the road (one at each end leaving at the same time).

Where in Ottawa? Ottawa doesn't have a bus terminal any more. What's termini?

If my count is right we have

Our Bus

Book-A-Ride

Flex

Red Arrow(I think that's the name)

Megabus

Northland

not sure if I forgot any, but at least 6 companies.

I knew the Ottawa-Toronto was popular and heavily used but 6 companies!!

48 minutes ago, MCIBUS said:

Our Bus

Book-A-Ride

Flex

Megabus

Northland

Ontario Northland doesn't do the Toronto - Ottawa run, they only serve Ottawa on the Ottawa - Sudbury run. Rider Express is another company that operates Toronto - Ottawa.

Ourbus has 2 stops in Ottawa - one at Pinecrest Mall (2685 Iris St) which is the same as Rider Express' Ottawa West stop. The other is in downtown at 33 George St which is the same spot as the Flixbus stop and just across the street from the Book a Ride stop.

7 hours ago, MCIBUS said:

Our Bus

Book-A-Ride

Flex

Megabus

Northland

Termini = more than one terminus. 

Ourbus also sells Onexbus seats for Toronto, YYZ, Kitchener, Stratford, London and Windsor.

11 hours ago, Lu Haobang said:

Public Vehicles Act has been repealed back in 2021 so with deregulation, there are no rules with the fares. The regulation more focuses on communicating with Passengers on service changes.

10 hours ago, Chris W said:

It appears to be using Coach Western, which means the copper coloured TEMSA will probably be one of the main buses on the route. I calculated that there's at least two buses on the road (one at each end leaving at the same time).

The owners of Coach Western are rogue Sharon Bus employees lol

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/13/2024 at 4:56 PM, West Island Transit Fan said:

Ontario Northland doesn't do the Toronto - Ottawa run, they only serve Ottawa on the Ottawa - Sudbury run. Rider Express is another company that operates Toronto - Ottawa.

Ourbus has 2 stops in Ottawa - one at Pinecrest Mall (2685 Iris St) which is the same as Rider Express' Ottawa West stop. The other is in downtown at 33 George St which is the same spot as the Flixbus stop and just across the street from the Book a Ride stop.

I should correct myself. The Ottawa Flixbus stop has moved to 200 Commissioner Street, which is pretty much right in the middle of Pimisi and Lyon O-Train stations. Definitely a less convenient location, but probably more predictable to reach in terms of travel times with all the protests that happen around Rideau and whatnot. 

Anyway back on topic, this older J4500 was doing Ourbus from Ottawa at 14:45 from the George St stop today. The legals are for Yinh Transportation. PXL_20240331_183433695.thumb.jpg.62cbbb93dc0948ed9bc389f61d94c4e1.jpg

PXL_20240331_183625023.thumb.jpg.acd06a6b1baee5d0e5e7115ef64be5bd.jpg

• Like 1

The new stop is actually a lot better. For one your further away from the YAHOO's also your with in transit about 10 mins from O-Train as well as bus stop near by. Not to mention the New Public Library(opening 2025/26)just down the street. can't wait to move there, grant you I'll only have2/3 years left before I retire from the city.

On 3/13/2024 at 2:15 PM, Chris W said:

one is a second generation prevost h3-45. in fact they are parked in a yard near passmore and markham.  don't bother to go there and take photos.  it is virtually impossible to get a good shot with the trucks parked everywhere in that lot