2024 Community Shuttle 1337-1356

3 hours ago, downbeat said:

Are these more "Spirit of Freedom" buses? 

(Actually, I think that model is just called "Freedom" now.)

Yes, Arboc (subsidiary of NewFlyer) have been change the product name since 2022 .

The Chevy Express Van Chassis also have few upgrade , such as New Gasoline engine 6.6 L8T V8 replace the 6.0L Vortec V8 , and 2024 model also will come with 8 speed 8L90 transmission .

https://arbocsv.com/models/freedom-gm-chassis/

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, TechSpotlight said:

Considering those vehicles haven't arrived yet, I don't think so.

I have heard someone saying that the Grande West order is too slow???

Calgary is eliminating more ARBOCs maybe?

13 hours ago, ProfessorWho said:

I would presume these were ordered to finally retire the oldest ARBOCs in the fleet. I think some of them might have overstayed their welcome at Calgary Transit😅

11 hours ago, PolarYYC said:

Probably not, especially since on the CT website, it states that they still plan on taking delivery of those buses

https://www.calgarytransit.com/content/transit/en/home/plans---projects/electric-bus-pilot-project.html

Got it, many thanks

Can’t wait for those Vicinity EVs 🥹

• Like 1

I'm curious Calgary Transit's 2024 model Arboc Freedom will equipped with passenger area air conditioning ?

I have being a maintenance for buses during my school time at NAIT,  some of Cutaway Chassis Vehicle equipped with fully-electric operation Roof-Top HVAC system similar to Motorhome.

Cutaway Chassis Vehicle usually have smaller ventilated Windows Compare to big bus due to Structural requirement.

The current Arbocs’ lack of air conditioning and small windows make them absolutely miserable to ride in during the summer, especially seeing how warm it gets nowadays. If the new models could be air conditioned, that would be grand!

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
56 minutes ago, JS9749 said:

And what will be retired?  As well as the new Nova CNGs?

Pretty much any Arboc that’s broken enough. Don’t be surprised if 2013-15’s and 2017’s retire simultaneously, they’re all past the expected lifespan for cutaways and floor issues have been hitting 1200-1336 hard (or so I’ve heard).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/11/2024 at 6:40 PM, School Bus 101 said:

So what ever happened to 1337? It's been almost two months and still no photos or additional information about it?

I don't think it's ready to go on the road yet 

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, Ape Escape Remastere said:

Most likely after stamped. Calgary transit is in no rush since there already more than 100 active community Suttles in service and rate now they only need about 50 per day

You do realize the older arboc should have been retired ages ago. They are way past retirement age.

5 hours ago, Ape Escape Remastere said:

Most likely after stamped. Calgary transit is in no rush since there already more than 100 active community Suttles in service and rate now they only need about 50 per day

It's not that they only need 50 shuttles per day, it's that they're so short that they can only run 50 shuttles per day.

2 minutes ago, wt_enthusiast_photos said:

You do realize the older arboc should have been retired ages ago. They are way past retirement age.

Cutaways are only built for a 5-6 year lifespan, which means even 1200-1336 are past their normal end-of-life (let alone the 1800's which are practically antiques). Right now 1200-1336 seem to be responsible for most of the shortage too, with 68 units out of service for a month or more by my count on Transit55 (some of which have not ran since March 2023).

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Transit Apologist said:

It's not that they only need 50 shuttles per day, it's that they're so short that they can only run 50 shuttles per day.

Cutaways are only built for a 5-6 year lifespan, which means even 1200-1336 are past their normal end-of-life (let alone the 1800's which are practically antiques). Right now 1200-1336 seem to be responsible for most of the shortage too, with 68 units out of service for a month or more by my count on Transit55 (some of which have not ran since March 2023).

Out of 1200-1336 how are the best ones holding up or are even those falling apart ?

2 hours ago, wt_enthusiast_photos said:

Out of 1200-1336 how are the best ones holding up or are even those falling apart ?

They were falling apart from the get go. The first major issue they had was that the floors were separating from the rear wall, and their fix was just a piece of metal screwed in. That was in 2019. 

• Sad 1