Intercity Bus (London, ON based operator)

Megabus Rider

Just had this company show up on my radar. Corporate name is Intercity Bus, Inc and they have a valid CVOR: 214669917

Seems they bought over the old Greyhound Canada Bus Terminal in London and their first Route will be London (Downtown) - London (Western University) - London (Fanshawe College) - Kitchener - Toronto Pearson - Toronto.

Can't book any tickets, so it seems there are looking for a booking platform provider.

I have attached some pictures of the bus photographed at the old Greyhound Canada Bus Terminal passed on from my friend.

IMG-20230920-WA0011.jpg

IMG-20230920-WA0010.jpg

4 hours ago, Megabus Rider said:

Just had this company show up on my radar. Corporate name is Intercity Bus, Inc and they have a valid CVOR: 214669917

Seems they bought over the old Greyhound Canada Bus Terminal in London and their first Route will be London (Downtown) - London (Western University) - London (Fanshawe College) - Kitchener - Toronto Pearson - Toronto.

Can't book any tickets, so it seems there are looking for a booking platform provider.

I have attached some pictures of the bus photographed at the old Greyhound Canada Bus Terminal passed on from my friend.

IMG-20230920-WA0011.jpg

IMG-20230920-WA0010.jpg

What an innovative name they chose…

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Megabus Rider said:

IMG-20230920-WA0011.jpg

IMG-20230920-WA0010.jpg

I suspect the bus in your photos is former TOK Coachlines (Can-Ar); they had a number of older J4500s with the retrofitted bottom front cap from that number series.

12 hours ago, Megabus Rider said:

IMG-20230920-WA0011.jpg

IMG-20230920-WA0010.jpg

They brought the GLC London Terminal, wow. They must be thinking of scaling up big then, otherwise, I don't understand why bother the expense

I would be happy to see buses go from London to Niagara, and London to Toronto via Brantford and Hamilton, and even more service between Toronto and Windsor that stops in some of the smaller towns. My assumption based on the name is they plan to start with one route and slowly expand, similar to Rider Express in the west. 

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Megabus Rider said:

Busbud has a terrible website. It's nearly unnavigable.. yeah looks like an less than great start though some of the complaints especially about being behind schedule are silly.

On 10/7/2023 at 10:50 PM, ns8401 said:

Busbud has a terrible website. It's nearly unnavigable.. yeah looks like an less than great start though some of the complaints especially about being behind schedule are silly.

Not much the lateness but someone fell on the steps, numerous breakdowns which tells me this company has no proper maintenance program or even a Mechanic on duty especially there was a mirror that needed to be fixed. Seems to be a 2 man show as per the news articles of 1 Driver and his Boss and neither have any past experience in operating a bus company or have a maintenance program in place. My friend with Equinox Bus Lines took a 2 year College Program called Truck and Coach Technician for the purpose of having buses pass a MTO and US DOT Inspection. My friend created a maintenance program similar to Greyhound Canada where after each bus came back to Toronto, while being washed,  maintenance issues noted or found while being washed was fixed on the spot and anything major was scheduled on a Tuesday so the bus could be ready for another 6 days of runs. My Friend is proud to say, he has never had a bus broke down on the side of the road with passengers onboard!

19 hours ago, Megabus Rider said:

Not much the lateness but someone fell on the steps, numerous breakdowns which tells me this company has no proper maintenance program or even a Mechanic on duty especially there was a mirror that needed to be fixed. Seems to be a 2 man show as per the news articles of 1 Driver and his Boss and neither have any past experience in operating a bus company or have a maintenance program in place. My friend with Equinox Bus Lines took a 2 year College Program called Truck and Coach Technician for the purpose of having buses pass a MTO and US DOT Inspection. My friend created a maintenance program similar to Greyhound Canada where after each bus came back to Toronto, while being washed,  maintenance issues noted or found while being washed was fixed on the spot and anything major was scheduled on a Tuesday so the bus could be ready for another 6 days of runs. My Friend is proud to say, he has never had a bus broke down on the side of the road with passengers onboard!

I saw bus 1003, one of the J4500s they have (not sure where from), near Fanshawe College on Friday. It passed with the left side of the bumper cover missing. I have a sneaking suspicion that they just bought a couple buses on the cheap and didn't do anything else.

On 9/22/2023 at 7:02 PM, brianc1981 said:

I would be happy to see buses go from London to Niagara, and London to Toronto via Brantford and Hamilton, and even more service between Toronto and Windsor that stops in some of the smaller towns. My assumption based on the name is they plan to start with one route and slowly expand, similar to Rider Express in the west. 

they def could expand but theirs quite a bit of competition out their now. And it wouldnt be possible to compete against Ontario Northland, thats why Rider Express only goes to Winnipeg. They have a working relationship to connect East of Winnipeg via ONT as both company share the Maple Bus lines depot in Winnipeg.

• 1 month later...

Maybe noteworthy, but probably not. I saw one of their buses (I believe it was 1003) in downtown Toronto at about 5:30pm yesterday and it was displaying Barrie on its destination sign. 

I checked their website and it didn’t show anything about trips to barrie, so it could’ve just been a charter or something like that. 

On 9/23/2023 at 11:50 PM, Rapidbus said:

https://intercitybus.betterez.com/cart/64cd2d681d1af10895fc6bca/reservation/64cd2d681d1af10895fc6bcf

Booking is now open, 5 round trip London - Toronto Downtown, one additional London - Yorkdale starting Sept 27th. 

ahh they hooked up with betterez the co i work for Coldshot they use that site too and it has been a great site.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/7/2024 at 8:36 PM, Seashore_518203 said:

The Van Hool was the 12:10 PM departure from the Royal York hotel on Saturday. Cutaway # 2002 was the 5:00 PM arrival at the hotel. Note that this is a different cutaway from the church cutaway that had been spotted earlier.

Intercity Bus Inc 2002 - 06JAN24.jpg

Intercity Bus Inc 371 3BM -- 06JAN24.jpg

the cutaway bus in your photo is ex-freewind bus service (a chinese bus company that is based in Toronto).  not sure if it is the same bus but I have a photo of an identical model