Current TTC Wraps

• 4 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Transit geek said:

No surprise that 8888 gets a full wrap. What's it for? Whoever paid to wrap it must have paid a lot.

It’s a business on an Eglinton route. All the units for the foreseeable future are new novas. What’s their basis for charging more?

I’d speculate Dolphin bingo has a multi year contract stipulating one unit at Eglinton be wrapped for them. One dies, it’s repalced with another. They may not even be charged anything above and beyond the ongoing fee.

10 hours ago, Bus_Medic said:

It’s a business on an Eglinton route. All the units for the foreseeable future are new novas. What’s their basis for charging more?

I’d speculate Dolphin bingo has a multi year contract stipulating one unit at Eglinton be wrapped for them. One dies, it’s repalced with another. They may not even be charged anything above and beyond the ongoing fee.

He thought a company would pay the TTC a premium to wrap 8888 because of its lucky fleet number. Think 7777.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, dayone said:

He thought a company would pay the TTC a premium to wrap 8888 because of its lucky fleet number. Think 7777.

Gotcha. I’m not superstitious or religious, so that part sailed over my head.

Probably not. Just seized the opportunity.

• Haha 1

On 18/01/2018 at 9:59 AM, Bus_Medic said:

Explains 7522, 7494 and other rewraps used over again...