Emergency Vehicles

The rescue reminds me of a Toronto rescue (probably the Mack Chassis).

On the topic of Mack Chassis fire trucks, members of the Toronto Fire Department came to my nursery school today. The firefighters told me the firetruck uses MACK chassis are strictly used as spare only.

To those who didn't know, every single firefighters know how to drive a firetruck. I didn't know until i asked one of the fire fighters.

On the topic of Mack Chassis fire trucks, members of the Toronto Fire Department came to my nursery school today. The firefighters told me the firetruck uses MACK chassis are strictly used as spare only.

To those who didn't know, every single firefighters know how to drive a firetruck. I didn't know until i asked one of the fire fighters.

Yes the Macks were from the old city of Toronto Fleet (downtown). There is only like 2 of them left as spares when one unit is down for work

Yes the Macks were from the old city of Toronto Fleet (downtown). There is only like 2 of them left as spares when one unit is down for work

the firefighters drove the active mack fire truck to show the kids. When I developed the photo, I shall post it.

Also a firefighter told me the MACK firetruck is approximately 22 years old (built in 1985).

the firefighters drove the active mack fire truck to show the kids. When I developed the photo, I shall post it.

Also a firefighter told me the MACK firetruck is approximately 22 years old (built in 1985).

Just cause the drove the Mack dont make it an active truck, its used as a spare and used as needed as a back up when one of the regular trucks is out of service for work to be done on it.

Just cause the drove the Mack dont make it an active truck, its used as a spare and used as needed as a back up when one of the regular trucks is out of service for work to be done on it.

Sorry I used the wrong words. The firefighter said that the regular firetruck was in the shop. That's why they used the backup MACK firetrucks.

Other interesting facts about firefighters

Firefighter basic equipments (i.e. mask, oxygen tanks, jacket) weights approximately 75 pounds.

The firefighters only have to work 7 to 8 days a month (accroding to a Toronto Fire fighter). However their shift is like 24 hours long!

Their firefighting pants is consists of three layers of pants.

The number of calls the firefighters have to attend varies. One time a fire fighter told me he had to respond to 27 calls in a 24 hour shift.

Unfortunately, my colleagues and I were working at that time, we didn't get the chance to ask any questions.

Just checked Calgary's apparatus lists and there are no Macks left there, you may have been thinking International Loadstars, as they used to have loads of those rigs down there

I seen it sitting at South Side Equipment in the foothills industrial area, about a mounth ago. I think it was for sale.

SInce I hardly look at this thread, and I don't know if anyone has mentioned this but, has anyone in Toronto noticed the so-called new.. How should I say it, new "livery" on some police cars? I've noticed it on the 51 division and 31 division cars.

SInce I hardly look at this thread, and I don't know if anyone has mentioned this but, has anyone in Toronto noticed the so-called new.. How should I say it, new "livery" on some police cars? I've noticed it on the 51 division and 31 division cars.

each station has at least one new "livery" police cars. Yea they are new. In fact they are 2007 crown victoria.

• 2 weeks later...
Found this in Richmond a few days ago

That's a 2001-2004 Caravan.

--

York Region Charger demo

http://policecanada.policecanada.org/YRP_JG.jpg

Saguenay Dodge Caliber copcar:

http://policecanada.policecanada.org/SaguenayQC102_DP.jpg

Waterloo Magnum.

http://policecanada.policecanada.org/WaterlooRegionalRB.jpg

And Montreal's newest addtion to the SPVM fleet:

http://policecanada.policecanada.org/Canad...PVMQC068_EL.jpg

Don't they look nice with the black wheels? ;)