Emergency Vehicles

OPP is also getting a new batch of Impulas in the new colour anytime now, and isnt the Charger cost more than a Crown Vic and Impula another reason why they are 3rd in police sales?

I like that new frightliner bottle truck they got that holds supplies for the ESU fleet

I believe Boston uses Freighliner ambulance or something. I hate the new OPP livery. Its looks ugly.

The aerial/ladder is probably a Spartan chassis with Smeal body work, we've also got 3 new ones last year and 2 more due this year. Don't have that fancy steerable tag axle, but would be good for some neighbourhoods. Have they gone 100% into platforms like Edmonton or are they just bare ladders?

Yes it is Smeal that's the name I was trying to think of. Sorry, but what do you mean by platforms? From my observations I haven't seen any ladders on this truck unless they are tucked away in many of those compartments on the side of the truck itself.

That scheme is not only awful but it reminds alot of antother Police Service's scheme I think its York Region Police or another one perhaps. The best one I have seen but only on the news and not on the 400 series highways are the OPP's crown vics which have returned to the traditional black and white. Another scheme that I like is the all black crown vic that the Traffic division (TPS) seems to use. This cruiser has no lights on the roof but one light located in the rear and front windshields and a reflective logo that is seen when light hits the car or you see it up close.

I saw my first new OPP Crown Vic yesterday. I'm not a huge fan of it...there's too much black.

The "stealth" cars, as they call them, are actually dark blue. Black wouldn't allow enough reflective material to show through, as I understand it. I don't know the size of the fleet, but it's pretty sizeable.

Dan

Here's the first B&W OPP cruiser in Essex county. Some of you have probably seen the pics on my site already of it. It's a 5 minute car ride/10 minute bike ride from my place. Looking forward to more coming. They should all be here within the next couple months.

PICT0119.JPG

PICT0120.JPG

PICT0121.JPG

PICT0123.JPG

PICT0127.JPG

PICT0128.JPG

Nice livery on the Police Car! Is that the new livery that will be applied on all the new cars?

I saw one for tne first time around Sherway today, I think that's 22 division's area. The car's number was 2204 IIRC.

For Toronto Fire pics and info, visit Toronto Fire Pics by John Hanley. I'm pretty sure he has a photo of at least every current firetruck in the city as well as some archived from the past.

Here's the URL again

http://www.torontofirepics.com/main.htm

His website was featured on the "Things That Move" Episode about Firetrucks.

Ever since moving to Hamilton I've fallen in love with the paint schemes on our emergency vehicles. Very spiffy. Not much detail on them in this picture, but it's still an awesome one. This fire happened last month, 4 alarm in the industrial end of the city.

IMG_4735.jpg

I saw one for tne first time around Sherway today, I think that's 22 division's area. The car's number was 2204 IIRC.

You are correct. To find out what area is covered by what division use this page on the TPS website: http://www.torontopolice.on.ca/uniform.php. Also, FYI the first 2 numbers in the cars number is the division it's from but I'm not sure about the ones that I've seen that start with 60XX. Another thing is that the divisions numbers are divided into different groups for different parts of the city, the 10s for York, the 20s are for Etobicoke, the 30s for North York, the 40s Scarborough & the 50s for Central Toronto.

You are correct. To find out what area is covered by what division use this page on the TPS website: http://www.torontopolice.on.ca/uniform.php. Also, FYI the first 2 numbers in the cars number is the division it's from but I'm not sure about the ones that I've seen that start with 60XX. Another thing is that the divisions numbers are divided into different groups for different parts of the city, the 10s for York, the 20s are for Etobicoke, the 30s for North York, the 40s Scarborough & the 50s for Central Toronto.

60XX are from central traffic unit

Thanks mike from edmonton for your informative post. The truck on Toronto Fire Pics A433 is the truck that I was referring to which seems to have become the new arial in many houses across the City of Toronto. Now I'll have to check out the manufacturer websites too!

Today I caught 5405 in the scheme and noticed a large "T" on the roof. What does the T stand for? Tactical or Traffic perhaps? Also I have noticed letters associated with the four-digit number on the sides of some TPS cars such as ETF 3B and COR. Now I know what the ETF stands for but what is 3B and COR?

The Medivac Helicopter on March 28th, 2007 flying over Steeles and HWY 404. Man this bird everytime it flies over my house, it makes everything inside shake and rattle.

cimg0008kn9.th.jpg

Haha the helicopter base is right next to my house! (well ok 2 blocks away) It was up today.

Our fleet is basically made of 2001-2005 Impalas, 1998-2004ish Crown Victorias, some 1997-2000 Ventures, 2005 Grand Caravans (supervisors only) for the SPVM. They own some other oddball cars too.

Go to http://www.policecanada.ca for cop car pictures from Montreal and other places in Canada. I find it a good site to find old and new cop car pictures!