Companies of the Past

MCIBUS

Would You Like To See Inter-City Companies OdF The Past Still Around?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Would You Like To See Inter-City Companies OdF The Past Still Around?

• Yes?
    • No?
    • Maybe?
    • Yes if there where slightly differently run?
    • No it's better now then back then?

I wish companies of the past still existed today.

Like I wish Voyageur Colonial was still around and operating and that Greyhound didn't buy them & that the owner of Orleans Express never bought Voyageur INC. I wish they still had there routes from the 1960's & 70's.

Like wise with Gray Coach I wish they where still around and that the TTC never sold them to Stage Coach. Still had there routes.

And that Greyhound was still in Canada was still owned by Laidlaw(that they didn't go bankrupt)

And we still had the Toronto Old Termina; along with the Voyageur Terminal in Ottawa.

I wonder how service would be today assuming deregulation never occurred and we never had Covic-19. I wonder how Inter-City Coach service would be in Ontario, Quebec & the rest of Canada?

Consider Voyageur had most of Quebec and Northern & Eastern Ontario, while Gray Coach had most of Southern Ontario and a bit of Northern Ontario, while Greyhound had mainly Western Canada and a bit of Southern Ontario?

Not sure of PMCL?

In Canada, maybe I am kind of nostalgic for the intercity bus system that existed in the early 2000s o the 2010s

When there were still local runs out of Thunder Bay, Winnipeg, Calgary/Edmonton, and even Peace River/Dawson Creek and when STC was building their new terminals in Regina. Greyhound moved out to the airport, to their new terminals because the old one was too small for them

The service GLC provided was declining then, but there was still 4 transcons, and much of the old route network of Grey Goose remain intact.

In US, in some ways I always kind of wonder what will happen if GLI didn't buy TWI? Will Cont Trailway still exist? They were announcing rounds of service cuts and pull out from multiple states even prior to the merger.

But part of me wondered if having a competing national bus line that is not associated with Greyhound, will keep GLI on its toes and make management take notice on how far their services are declining.

• 9 months later...

Speaking of the past...

Dusty Trails to Divided Highways

A History of Intercity Bus Lines in Manitoba

Available at McNally-Robinson Booksellers Winnipeg. Also available at Flagstop Hobbies Calgary.

This is the 2023 Second Edition, 92 pages. [The first edition was published in 2006 and was 66 pages.]

On 6/5/2022 at 7:18 PM, MCIBUS said:

I wish companies of the past still existed today.

Like I wish Voyageur Colonial was still around and operating and that Greyhound didn't buy them & that the owner of Orleans Express never bought Voyageur INC. I wish they still had there routes from the 1960's & 70's.

Like wise with Gray Coach I wish they where still around and that the TTC never sold them to Stage Coach. Still had there routes.

And that Greyhound was still in Canada was still owned by Laidlaw(that they didn't go bankrupt)

And we still had the Toronto Old Termina; along with the Voyageur Terminal in Ottawa.

I wonder how service would be today assuming deregulation never occurred and we never had Covic-19. I wonder how Inter-City Coach service would be in Ontario, Quebec & the rest of Canada?

Consider Voyageur had most of Quebec and Northern & Eastern Ontario, while Gray Coach had most of Southern Ontario and a bit of Northern Ontario, while Greyhound had mainly Western Canada and a bit of Southern Ontario?

Not sure of PMCL?

PMCL had the highway 400/11 corridor as far as gravenhurst/ port Severn. Basically all of Simcoe county and the Bruce peninsula.