Doors Open Ottawa June 4 & 5?

I'm just curious as to what will be available this year?(Assuming if goes thru). I wonder which OC buildings will be open to the public? I hope the LRT Yard will be open to the public? Hopefully one of the garages(if so probably either Industrial or St Laurent, but probably Industrial?)

Any thoughts?

2 hours ago, MCIBUS said:

I'm just curious as to what will be available this year?(Assuming if goes thru). I wonder which OC buildings will be open to the public? I hope the LRT Yard will be open to the public? Hopefully one of the garages(if so probably either Industrial or St Laurent, but probably Industrial?)

Any thoughts?

From the email that i received in April..

Greetings from Doors Open Ottawa,

This year marks the 20th anniversary of Ottawa’s most beloved architectural event, and I’m happy to say that we will be moving into a hybrid format. What does that mean? Nearly 100 buildings across the city will open their doors virtually, in-person, or a mixture of the two.

The full building list will be released on ottawa.ca/doorsopen on May 30.

• Like 1

So I guess on May 30 we'll know which buildings wil be open. I'm hopping for at least one of OC 's facilities will be open? LRT Facility? Garage?  The O-Train(WalkleyYard)? any of their buildings would be interested in seeing? Even their Maintence Facility on Belfast would be interesting to see, don't think thats every been open to the public on Open Doors Ottawa?

• MCIBUS changed the title to Doors Open Ottawa June 4 & 5?

I don't know as of yet which Ottawa Facilities will be open to the public, but hope for at least one OC garage. It would be nice to see the Historical Fleet on display. Even if their not running, perhaps they could wash the interior & outside, even if they Tow them to the Garage that's open(most likely Industrial)because they'll have a bus tour of the garage like they've done in the past, it would be nice to see them again. It's been quite a while since the public has seen all of OC' Historical Buses?

Any thoughts on this?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah I'm so disappointed OC isn't doing anything this year. "Virtual tour", why the hell would I want a virtual tour of Blair and Lyon when I can visit the stations myself that are open year-round? I'm sure it's related to the fact they're bleeding money, but it's very disappointing to say the least... <_<

On 6/4/2022 at 12:03 PM, Loud-Invero said:

Yeah I'm so disappointed OC isn't doing anything this year. "Virtual tour", why the hell would I want a virtual tour of Blair and Lyon when I can visit the stations myself that are open year-round? I'm sure it's related to the fact they're bleeding money, but it's very disappointing to say the least... <_<

That was my view when I got a email from them a month ago where they said virtual tour of Blair and Lyon, I go to both stations daily, there isn't anything significant about them to do a virtual tour