Akron photos.

What are requirements for submitting photos to be used on the wiki, I might wish to submit some for use.

Attached is one of my latest for the Gillig 7000 series electric bus. If there is some copyright stuff, I could remove this exact photo from my flickr page.

I have more photos on my flickr page or if necessary I could one day camp outside of the transit center to get new shots not used anywhere else if there is a copyright thing in place on the wiki, I am still learning to master my Nikon D7500 that Ive only had for a year.

I would not mind if more of my shots would/could be used, Some of my shots on flickr are watermarked but I should still have the originals upon request: https://www.flickr.com/photos/cak757/albums/72157603656121737

I think I have set for my photos on flickr Some Rights Reserved, but all that confuses me and I cant remember if and why I set it to that.

DSC_7635e.jpg

2 hours ago, Straypuft said:

What are requirements for submitting photos to be used on the wiki, I might wish to submit some for use.

Attached is one of my latest for the Gillig 7000 series electric bus. If there is some copyright stuff, I could remove this exact photo from my flickr page.

I have more photos on my flickr page or if necessary I could one day camp outside of the transit center to get new shots not used anywhere else if there is a copyright thing in place on the wiki, I am still learning to master my Nikon D7500 that Ive only had for a year.

I would not mind if more of my shots would/could be used, Some of my shots on flickr are watermarked but I should still have the originals upon request: https://www.flickr.com/photos/cak757/albums/72157603656121737

I think I have set for my photos on flickr Some Rights Reserved, but all that confuses me and I cant remember if and why I set it to that.

I'm not an expert in copyright law by any means, but simplifying it down to the context of amateur transit photography, the original photographer should generally hold the copyright. So any photos you take, you should hold the copyright to and can decide where and how they get used. Uploading to the CPTDB Wiki does not change the ownership or copyright of the photo, and any decisions on use of photos beyond there still require permission of the owner (the original photographer in most cases).

For the CPTDB Wiki, for these reasons of copyright photos need to either be uploaded by the original photographer, or be uploaded with the original photographer's explicit permission. Photos also need to abide by the Photo Guidelines, including those around quality. I will also say that the Wiki is not intended as a personal photo gallery (that's what Flickr is for), and it's not necessary to have a photo of every unit in a series, but we would certainly welcome some good quality exemplar photos of a series.

The attached photo of 7000 is a good quality one and I would say meets the photo quality standards in the guidelines, so yes if that is your photo it would be welcome to be uploaded! However, again just to be careful of the copyright, for additional photos it would be better to post the specific individual photos you'd like to see uploaded, rather than having a blanket statement of "yeah any photos on flickr are okay", just so that there's a bit more explicit permission for the use of individual photos. (This last point is directed more to other editors, in case someone decides to just rifle through your Flickr account and start uploading random photos from there, thinking they have permission based on your statement here).

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

I do not know how to edit a wiki to add photos, I might look into that in the near future. but as for an addition to the wiki right now, Id like to add notes for the active fleet section:

1111-1118: Free Downtown Akron Shuttle(DASH), Purple livery. Circulator Bus, 54 Route.

2330-2338: Features new livery.

Paratransit 800 series: uses Ford Transit and Ford Transit cutaway vans. Purple livery.

edit:

Facilities: Downtown Transit Center should make mention of the correct name of the transit center, it is: The Robert K. Pfaff Transit Center. 

There are 2 mini transit centers as well,  The Independence Transit Center located on Independence Ave near Chapel Hill Mall

Rolling Acres Transit Center located on Romig Road near Amazon Distribution Warehouse.

No proper street addresses are given for the 2 smaller transit centers.

Edited by Straypuft
transit center additions.