TTC New Flyer Hybrid Electric Buses

2 hours ago, PrimeTio said:

Did TTC release a report where we can see the specs on the buses? I know MiWay and some other American agencies have done it, also is their a possibility the XDE60s will have rear windows?

It's possible but I highly doubt it.

On 4/29/2022 at 4:00 PM, Young said:

I wonder if they will get the 1st unit of the XDE40s or XDE60s way before the rest of the units so they can train drivers like they did with Nova artic 9000

It depends on which bus is completed first, and if it’s ready to be driven.

• 9 months later...
7 minutes ago, PrimeTio said:

Your first look at TTCs New Flyer XDE60! More photos will come weeks from now.

875DF84F-4418-4884-AC93-76BD5FC82731.jpeg

Nice!

Despite the Line 6 cars carrying the #65xx scheme, so the fleet numbers are to be carrying the #6500-#6567 numbering. Inherited from the last 22 D40-89s, 1989 IIIs and the first 8 D40-90s.

The TTC XDE60 in that photo is possibly only a demo unit. I currently don’t know if they have anymore buses in that plant, but it’s the only unit visible. Right now the plant is using fleet numbers “6501-6568”. Once any of the Xcelsiors are finished production, they will be driven off to another unspecified location where an interior cleaning, wash, and more decals are added to the bus before delivery. Toronto might change the fleet numbers once driven to the “unspecified” location. I’l get more information & photos in the next couple of weeks-months. That unit is also missing major components to make the bus function. Including the engine and transmission which haven’t been installed yet. (Also don’t make fleet number assumptions until It’s fully confirmed.)

• Like 6

On 4/7/2022 at 9:13 PM, TransitFan88 said:

I wonder what divisions will be getting the Flyers. 

A bunch of artics will likely go to MtD as there are routes assigned to this division that need artics and will be using them, notably 35/935 Jane. 

5 hours ago, PrimeTio said:

This is a sight i hope will be common on Jane Street. IMO not as sleek or as good looking as the Nova artic but hey, this would be the most beautiful sight on the 35/935

• Like 1

6 hours ago, PrimeTio said:

Do you know what kind of seats these buses have? Hopefully they have the Gemini seats like the Nova hybrids and BYDs

5 hours ago, Kumiko Oumae said:

Nice!

Despite the Line 6 cars carrying the #65xx scheme, so the fleet numbers are to be carrying the #6500-#6567 numbering. Inherited from the last 22 D40-89s, 1989 IIIs and the first 8 D40-90s.

The line 6 cars are owned by metrolinx while these are owned by the TTC, so the overlapping fleet numbers in this case are not an issue

1 hour ago, lifty4ever said:

A bunch of artics will likely go to MtD as there are routes assigned to this division that need artics and will be using them, notably 35/935 Jane. 

This is a sight i hope will be common on Jane Street. IMO not as sleek or as good looking as the Nova artic but hey, this would be the most beautiful sight on the 35/935

Despite the possibility of having them installing Wi-Fi or not, you’re forget the 29/929 DUFFERIN and 941 KEELE. What is Mount Dennis going to do with all of their LFS artics? It’s likely they may push the majority of them to Malvern or McNicoll which pushes their 32/33xx LFS to Queensway to retire the Orion VIIs there,

36 minutes ago, Novabus photographer said:

Do you know what kind of seats these buses have? Hopefully they have the Gemini seats like the Nova hybrids and BYDs

The line 6 cars are owned by metrolinx while these are owned by the TTC, so the overlapping fleet numbers in this case are not an issue

It might be a problem operationally for the TTC. If a rider reports they get assaulted on vehicle 6502, you’ll need more info. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Kumiko Oumae said:

Despite the possibility of having them installing Wi-Fi or not, you’re forget the 29/929 DUFFERIN and 941 KEELE. What is Mount Dennis going to do with all of their LFS artics? It’s likely they may push the majority of them to Malvern or McNicoll which pushes their 32/33xx LFS to Queensway to retire the Orion VIIs there,

We'll have to see how they do the movements if they do any. They may not move that many if any at all. MtD was designed to be able to store a large number of artics and as you said 29/929 and 941 operate out of this division in addition to 35/935

7 hours ago, Kumiko Oumae said:

3 hours ago, lifty4ever said:

We'll have to see how they do the movements if they do any. They may not move that many if any at all. MtD was designed to be able to store a large number of artics and as you said 29/929 and 951 operate out of this division in addition to 35/935

The 905, 927, 935, 939, 960, and possibly the 986 could be converted to artic operation and MtD definitely won't need all of those artics. So they'll probably only keep the hybrid artics and the 91xx diesel artics for routes 29, 927, 929, 935, 941. I made a post about this in another thread:

12 hours ago, Shemar said:

The 905, 927, 935, 939, 960, and possibly the 986 could be converted to artic operation and MtD definitely won't need all of those artics. So they'll probably only keep the hybrid artics and the 91xx diesel artics for routes 29, 927, 929, 935, 941. I made a post about this in another thread:

This is likely. Im just not sure how many buses they'd need/run for 935 in particular. I don't count them. That's why im not sure how many artics they'd need at the division. I do know it's 10 minute headways at peak hours for the 935. i hope it stays that was and they don't widen the headways to "maintain service capacity"

5 minutes ago, PrimeTio said:

XDE40.

New Flyer Fleet Numbers:

9401-9468 for the XDE60s
7200-7335 for the XDE40s

Are you sure you got that right?

My source has similar numbers, but the number for the XDE40s matches the 134 amount.

9400-9467 XDE60

7200-7333 XDE40

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1