General Wow Moments

ASzy

I was examining for a place to put my notable moment of today, and it didn't fall into what I found, more being a "Wow" moment instead of a "WTF," "F Yeah," "SMH," or other moment.

So the "General Wow Moments" thread came into being.

My notable moment of "Wow": It's Semester Finals all this week. I walked into General Biology to find a lovely drawing on the whiteboard:

IMG_20211221_143424.thumb.jpg.f880fdac14d81fcb4b3d7a9db916bbb4.jpg

Someone took the effort, and now I can't take my mind off of it!

• Like 2

20 hours ago, ASzy said:

I was examining for a place to put my notable moment of today, and it didn't fall into what I found, more being a "Wow" moment instead of a "WTF," "F Yeah," "SMH," or other moment.

So the "General Wow Moments" thread came into being.

My notable moment of "Wow": It's Semester Finals all this week. I walked into General Biology to find a lovely drawing on the whiteboard:

IMG_20211221_143424.thumb.jpg.f880fdac14d81fcb4b3d7a9db916bbb4.jpg

Someone took the effort, and now I can't take my mind off of it!

I'm in General Biology again, it's still there!

Back in 2014 I visited the Trolleybus Museum of  Sandtoft (England) to see {and ride) former Edmonton BBC #189. At one point 189 and four of the five other trolleybuses that were running that day at the museum were lined up side by side and a museum member  gave a brief history of each vehicle. When he got to 189 he said "We have a visitor with us who rode the bus". I felt like a celebrity. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Me and my friend got on a 2018 XN40 18148, we rode it a few stops when the driver asked if we would like to take a closer look at the bus once we reached Surrey Central, we said yes. 10 minutes pass, we get to Surrey Central, and were code breaking, learning what switch does what, learning what it's like to operate a bus, just awesome! Driver NEEDS a raise ASAP!;

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/18/2023 at 9:25 AM, Transitfan2022 said:

Me and my friend got on a 2018 XN40 18148, we rode it a few stops when the driver asked if we would like to take a closer look at the bus once we reached Surrey Central, we said yes. 10 minutes pass, we get to Surrey Central, and were code breaking, learning what switch does what, learning what it's like to operate a bus, just awesome! Driver NEEDS a raise ASAP!;

Ended up getting an unscheduled tour by an awesome driver back in '06 or so when VTC first opened.  He figured out quick that I was a transit nerd and asked me if I wanted to "ride around the yard".  Around we went (in an old trolley), complete with an unintended dewirement.  He let me back out at the Marpole Loop.  He wasn't actually out of service and used up his "break" to do that.  If that driver is on here, thanks again!

Added: We were coming in on a 10 when it terminated there.  He had no passengers left except me so he turned right to the yard and did this instead of going through to Marpole Loop.  At first I wondered what the heck he was doing then he told me and I was over the moon.  Now, the mellowed me would say a bit of ho-hum.

• 4 weeks later...

Having been railfanning (trainspotting?) for a long time, tonight was a first for me. The flashers at the CSX-J. A. Cochran Bypass crossing were flashing and the gates were down with nothing in sight. After a moment or so I heard a strange single-note air horn blowing for the crossing. A Sperry Rail Detector car slowly crossed the road.  In all the years this was a first for me!

• Like 1