Greyhound Buses Up for Auctiom

DCTransitFilms

16 hours ago, Shaun said:

But don't the ZF units get 20-30% more range?

I can’t speak for coach transmission Economy but for transit, yes the ZF is superior on fuel economy. Performance and comfort is another story but if a ZF is tuned properly the fuel efficiency is impressive 

• 5 months later...

I know who bought the buses, and I am now the one buying them off him. They buses were all in varying condition, I am taking the good ones and running them for my company.

Anyone know how to insure a 45ft MCI for personal use? I am buying one next week but dont want to pay for a commercial policy before I put the bus into revenue service.

8 hours ago, TRENT_TRANSIT_SYSTEM said:

I know who bought the buses, and I am now the one buying them off him. They buses were all in varying condition, I am taking the good ones and running them for my company.

Anyone know how to insure a 45ft MCI for personal use? I am buying one next week but dont want to pay for a commercial policy before I put the bus into revenue service.

What “revenue service” are you going to put it into? 

I don’t think you can legally register a bus for personal use “hey I’m gonna drive it around myself or turn it into an RV” and then turn around and use it to make money. In fact I’m absolutely positive you cannot do this. No commercial policy no using the bus to move people. If there were an accident while you were hauling people around on a personal policy you would be 100% liable for all the costs from lawsuits, peoples medical bills all kinds of things. Your personal insurance company probably has a clause specifically forbidding you from hauling passengers in revenue service (think Uber). They would cancel your policy and leave you high and dry. You must pony up for commercial insurance before you do anything with it.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, TRENT_TRANSIT_SYSTEM said:

Lemme Guess: https://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/sudbury/2006-mci-55-passenger-coach/1618751205

15 hours ago, TRENT_TRANSIT_SYSTEM said:

oh and good luck for insurance when you still on intending to have 55 seats. Only 8 seats can remain to insure as a RV.

• Like 2

On 9/8/2022 at 3:38 PM, Megabus Rider said:

Lemme Guess: https://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/sudbury/2006-mci-55-passenger-coach/1618751205

oh and good luck for insurance when you still on intending to have 55 seats. Only 8 seats can remain to insure as a RV.

No, a different bus, but from the same batch. But yeah, insurance has been a terrible process. I have no idea how other people buy these things...

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/13/2022 at 11:22 AM, TRENT_TRANSIT_SYSTEM said:

No, a different bus, but from the same batch. But yeah, insurance has been a terrible process. I have no idea how other people buy these things...

Ya I heard Onexbus gave up one bus out of the 4 originally purchased, that's probably the one you are looking to get. Is it located in Grimsby?

Once you give the VIN to the Insurance Company it will show up as a Commercial bus on their end. You have to remove the seats permanently. That's why when people buy buses, they immediately begin the conversion process.

If you are having trouble getting insurance, I would leave it alone.