Greyhound Buses Up for Auctiom

DCTransitFilms

• 2 months later...

Do we know who won the bid for those 38 Greyhound Canada buses? I checked the listing and it says the Auctioneer won't publish the winning bid and bidder.

I don't think Equinox Bus Lines bid on anything since they just put Toronto - Rochester on hiatus.

I don't think Rider Express bid on anything since they cancelled service to Windsor.

I don't think Onex Bus bid on anything since they just bought 7 MCIs and Setras from the Canadian Military.

I doubt Great Canadian Coaches and/or Badder bid on anything since they have buses.

The only Carrier I can see bidding on something is TOK but they may have enough Charter Buses to cover their line runs.

14 hours ago, Megabus Rider said:

Do we know who won the bid for those 38 Greyhound Canada buses? I checked the listing and it says the Auctioneer won't publish the winning bid and bidder.

I don't think Equinox Bus Lines bid on anything since they just put Toronto - Rochester on hiatus.

I don't think Rider Express bid on anything since they cancelled service to Windsor.

I don't think Onex Bus bid on anything since they just bought 7 MCIs and Setras from the Canadian Military.

I doubt Great Canadian Coaches and/or Badder bid on anything since they have buses.

The only Carrier I can see bidding on something is TOK but they may have enough Charter Buses to cover their line runs.

What kind of condition did they maintain their buses? That might go a long way to explain what company potentially scrapper got them. 

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Shaun said:

Bad units with bad spare parts? What good is that. 

Just because a bus is no longer road worthy doesn’t mean the entire thing from bow to stern is useless. Not even close. Buses become parts sources after retirement for a reason.

I can confirm one of the units went for $4000 all in. Started right up in -10 temperatures without ether, all systems functioning. Good tires and a full fuel tank, that’s 2/3 of its value right there. Not even a torn seat cushion. Buyer will be able to dive it away under its own power with a temporary tag without issue.

About 6 of them were towed to Hamilton, likely for parting out and disposal.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bus_Medic said:

I can confirm one of the units went for $4000 all in. Started right up in -10 temperatures without ether, all systems functioning. Good tires and a full fuel tank, that’s 2/3 of its value right there. Not even a torn seat cushion. Buyer will be able to dive it away under its own power with a temporary tag without issue.

About 6 of them were towed to Hamilton, likely for parting out and disposal.

Sounds like someone got a bargain...good luck to them...

4 hours ago, Bus_Medic said:

The catch is it was a complete crapshoot. Purchase sight unseen, must be removed from property 14 days post purchase.

Ballpark how much would a heavy wrecker tow or flatbed to some location a few hours or a day or two away cost? I'd imagine with auction terms like that a (smart) buyer would be factoring in that potential cost with their bid amount.

7 hours ago, MVTArider said:

Ballpark how much would a heavy wrecker tow or flatbed to some location a few hours or a day or two away cost? I'd imagine with auction terms like that a (smart) buyer would be factoring in that potential cost with their bid amount.

Probably not very cheap… even towing a car a good distance can be insanely expensive given the right circumstances…

2 hours ago, MCIBUS said:

Depending on its condition and how much it would cost to convert into a RV/Motor Home it might be a great purchase?

Maybe… then again you may be getting a bus with tires on only 3 of the 6 positions on the coach, no drivers seat and half an engine. That won’t go anywhere without a flat bed.

14 hours ago, MVTArider said:

Given that they've been going for 3-4k, probably not too far off of that, or at the very least a significant fraction of it. And that's if they haven't updated their pricing to match the rise in diesel (what are we at now, 2 bucks a liter?).