Jump to content

Theft from Wajax, Fiba Canning


Recommended Posts

26 minutes ago, MCIBUS said:

I'm presuming this individual has not been charged yet, as I've heard nothing on the news regarding this theft & vandalism??

No one has been charged or arrested yet, we’re all still waiting for more information to arrive.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Ed T. said:

I passed by today. 7423 has been moved into the fenced-off area where the GO buses, etc. are parked. There was a surprising amount of damage, things like side marker lights pulled--and that was just from driving past.

It isn't just the exterior that's been messed up, the interior's also a mess.

While I don't have any photos to show how bad the damage is, I do know what was damaged, as I saw the looter damage everything with my own eyes.

The electrical compartment on the roof at the back above the HVAC is heavily damaged, the driver's area is damaged, a window and the right side windshield are smashed, the front door mechanism got messed up, the entire interior is coated in Carbon Dioxide from DRT 8520's fire extinguisher (which he used to damage a window), the HVAC area is damaged, the engine area had a brick or a cinderblock thrown at it, there are interior panels everywhere inside the bus, the rear roof hatch is damaged, the engine hatch now falls shut under its own weight, dozens of screws now have their heads completely stripped, the emergency releases on several of the windows are messed up, and there are cut and exposed wires all over the driver's area.

By the way, since I witnessed the looter loot DRT 8520 & 7423 and damage them, I'm open to questions from anyone. Shoot me a message and I'll get back as soon as I can.

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, PCC Guy said:

People have been doing this shit since the rise of social media.

Attitudes - and actions - like this long predate social media.

 

Human nature can be a really shitty thing sometimes.


Dan

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, vancouvertransitfoam said:

It isn't just the exterior that's been messed up, the interior's also a mess.

While I don't have any photos to show how bad the damage is, I do know what was damaged, as I saw the looter damage everything with my own eyes.

The electrical compartment on the roof at the back above the HVAC is heavily damaged, the driver's area is damaged, a window and the right side windshield are smashed, the front door mechanism got messed up, the entire interior is coated in Carbon Dioxide from DRT 8520's fire extinguisher (which he used to damage a window), the HVAC area is damaged, the engine area had a brick or a cinderblock thrown at it, there are interior panels everywhere inside the bus, the rear roof hatch is damaged, the engine hatch now falls shut under its own weight, dozens of screws now have their heads completely stripped, the emergency releases on several of the windows are messed up, and there are cut and exposed wires all over the driver's area.

By the way, since I witnessed the looter loot DRT 8520 & 7423 and damage them, I'm open to questions from anyone. Shoot me a message and I'll get back as soon as I can.

 

 

 

They should honestly send that TTC Orion for scrap or just park it south of the 401 where no one can see it or walk towards it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, vancouvertransitfoam said:

It isn't just the exterior that's been messed up, the interior's also a mess.

While I don't have any photos to show how bad the damage is, I do know what was damaged, as I saw the looter damage everything with my own eyes.

The electrical compartment on the roof at the back above the HVAC is heavily damaged, the driver's area is damaged, a window and the right side windshield are smashed, the front door mechanism got messed up, the entire interior is coated in Carbon Dioxide from DRT 8520's fire extinguisher (which he used to damage a window), the HVAC area is damaged, the engine area had a brick or a cinderblock thrown at it, there are interior panels everywhere inside the bus, the rear roof hatch is damaged, the engine hatch now falls shut under its own weight, dozens of screws now have their heads completely stripped, the emergency releases on several of the windows are messed up, and there are cut and exposed wires all over the driver's area.

By the way, since I witnessed the looter loot DRT 8520 & 7423 and damage them, I'm open to questions from anyone. Shoot me a message and I'll get back as soon as I can.

 

 

 

Does this individual have some mental health issues?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/6/2021 at 1:56 AM, vancouvertransitfoam said:

It isn't just the exterior that's been messed up, the interior's also a mess.

While I don't have any photos to show how bad the damage is, I do know what was damaged, as I saw the looter damage everything with my own eyes.

The electrical compartment on the roof at the back above the HVAC is heavily damaged, the driver's area is damaged, a window and the right side windshield are smashed, the front door mechanism got messed up, the entire interior is coated in Carbon Dioxide from DRT 8520's fire extinguisher (which he used to damage a window), the HVAC area is damaged, the engine area had a brick or a cinderblock thrown at it, there are interior panels everywhere inside the bus, the rear roof hatch is damaged, the engine hatch now falls shut under its own weight, dozens of screws now have their heads completely stripped, the emergency releases on several of the windows are messed up, and there are cut and exposed wires all over the driver's area.

By the way, since I witnessed the looter loot DRT 8520 & 7423 and damage them, I'm open to questions from anyone. Shoot me a message and I'll get back as soon as I can.

 

 

 

As someone who volunteered for the Hygiene On Wheels project before it fell through (specifically the interior teardown), hearing about this is infuriating. While yes the project and bus was pretty much abandoned, the fact that someone decided to severely damage the bus plus another active vehicle as well for their own personal gain is beyond unacceptable. I'm really hoping said individual is held accountable for their actions.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/6/2021 at 1:56 AM, vancouvertransitfoam said:

By the way, since I witnessed the looter loot DRT 8520 & 7423 and damage them, I'm open to questions from anyone. Shoot me a message and I'll get back as soon as I can.

I am not sure this is a good thing to say publicly....

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/4/2021 at 9:11 PM, MCIBUS said:

If this individual is under 18, Face Book will need to delete those posts, if this individual faces charged as he or she is protected under the Young Offenders Act, other wise Facebook & those posters may face charges for vialating the Young Offenders Act.

Young as in appearances but with the Internet influencing teens, sometimes they commit offences at the same level as young adults. 

We have 17 year old shooting and murdering people. It’s time they change this law to protect those under 16 or 14 instead of 18.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Lets not start accussing any one here. Remember there is certain individual name that is going around which presumed has done this  theft/vandalism. Remember this individual has not ben charged, there under the court of law is inicience until proven guilty in a court of law. And remember if this individual is under the age of 18, I'd advise no one to reveal this individual name, if he or she is charged as he or  she is protected under the Young Offenders Act and Yoi(person stating the name of this individual) along with the forum and forum owners could face legal issues.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, vancouvertransitfoam said:

I didn't take any loot, nor did I participate in the vandalising of 7423 and 8520, so I see no way how any of this can backfire on me.

IF you were there, YOU were also TRESSPASSING.....  Why would you think that is OK? Also if you witnessed this individual Steal, and vandalize, and did nothing to stop it,that would make you an accessory to the crime.... :slow clap:🙄

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, * Mr. Black * said:

IF you were there, YOU were also TRESSPASSING.....  Why would you think that is OK? Also if you witnessed this individual Steal, and vandalize, and did nothing to stop it,that would make you an accessory to the crime.... :slow clap:🙄

I tried to verbally explain to him why everything he was doing was a bad idea and just outright illegal because I didn't want to piss him off to the point where he would injure me.

I never intended to trespass or be an accessory to his BS, and at the time, I had no idea I was trespassing, as there were no private property signs or even a fence near or around 7423 and 8520, it looked like just a normal parking lot. Plus, I didn't even know we were going to Wajax until it was too late, as he had told me we were going to photograph MiWay buses.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I understand you are all frustrated at my sloppy way of responding to this and handling this, and I apologize for that previously mentioned sloppy response to this whole mess. I do wish I reported this to TPS earlier, but I did eventually end up reporting this to TPS, so TPS was and is aware of this, though I have no word on their actions or if they have even opened an investigation into this matter.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, vancouvertransitfoam said:

I tried to verbally explain to him why everything he was doing was a bad idea and just outright illegal because I didn't want to piss him off to the point where he would injure me.

I never intended to trespass or be an accessory to his BS, and at the time, I had no idea I was trespassing, as there were no private property signs or even a fence near or around 7423 and 8520, it looked like just a normal parking lot. Plus, I didn't even know we were going to Wajax until it was too late, as he had told me we were going to photograph MiWay buses.

Yeah…. I’m gonna have to call BS on that…. 
 

There is no way you could look at where those buses were parked, and not know they are on private property.  And even if they were parked on the street, the buses, themselves are private property. If I parked my car In my driveway, and there are no signs that say private property, or a fence, does that give you permission to go Carte Blanche on my car?? once this individual began to try to enter either bus, wouldn’t that would be a giant red flag as to why you shouldn’t be there… ? also 2 buses were vandalized… after the first one, you still didn’t realize that you being there was probably not a wise idea?? 
 

Understand that because of these actions that you willingly “witnessed” the Orion CNG is being scrapped, and private owners are now scrambling to find more secluded spots for their buses, and are now more weary of bringing them out into the public…. 

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, MCIBUS said:

Lets not start accussing any one here. Remember there is certain individual name that is going around which presumed has done this  theft/vandalism. Remember this individual has not ben charged, there under the court of law is inicience until proven guilty in a court of law. And remember if this individual is under the age of 18, I'd advise no one to reveal this individual name, if he or she is charged as he or  she is protected under the Young Offenders Act and Yoi(person stating the name of this individual) along with the forum and forum owners could face legal issues.

You may want to look into how the Young Offenders Act actually works.

 

There is nothing legally stopping anyone from posting his name on this forum.

 

The Young Offenders Act only comes into play ONCE he has been arrested and remanded. Before then, anything goes.

 

If he does actually get arrested, at that point it is up to the owners of this (and any other forum) how they react. And to be honest, in most cases they don't have to do anything until they get asked to do so.

 

So no, there is no concern with sharing the individual's name at this moment. Unless you somehow have a hand in all of this as well.

 

Dan

  • Thanks 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

No.

First I don't know this individual name, nor do I wish to know this individuals name.

Second when we are talking about Wajax? Are we talking about Wajax here in Ottawa or are we talking a place in the GTA/Southern Ontario called Wajax?

Third I was no where this individual when this incident occurred.

And fourth the reason I kept on mentioning the Young Offenders Act was I didn't want anyone here to get themselves in trouble nor the forum.

 

Other then that what ever happens to this individual, there no one else to blame but his or her own(which ever the case maybe)as they brought onto themselves for this theft/vandalism. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Bus_Medic said:

How about you and your alias account leave this forum, never to darken it’s doorstep again.

I’m not affiliated with anyone here, I’m trying to stop any time of argument which can lead this chat to be closed by any of the Moderators+

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...