Theft from Wajax, Fiba Canning

Bus_Medic

It would appear that on or around the days of Friday, August 24th and or Saturday August 25, there was a break in at Wajax on Evans avenue, and also at FIBA Canning Incorporated on Markham road.  Parts were unlawfully removed from an Ex TTC Orion VII in secure storage on Wajax property, and from a former York University Orion I owned by FIBA Canning and in secure storage on their property. 

I won’t publish their name here, especially given their young age, but make no mistake, I’m aware of who they are.

Suffice it to say that I have been in personal contact with Mr Canning, apprised him of the incident, and forwarded evidence obtained online, for him to pursue as he sees fit. I also made them aware which online group the pictures were found in, and you better bet they’ll be monitoring that from here on in. I shall be following up with Wajax tomorrow.

I urge anyone wishing to approach FIBA Canning regarding access to the bus tread very carefully, if at all. This bus carries a great deal of sentimental value to the family run company and was very dear to company’s late founder. 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 11

4 hours ago, Bus_Medic said:

It would appear that on or around the days of Friday, August 24th and or Saturday August 25, there was a break in at Wajax on Evans avenue, and also at FIBA Canning Incorporated on Markham road.  Parts were unlawfully removed from an Ex TTC Orion VII in secure storage on Wajax property, and from a former York University Orion I owned by FIBA Canning and in secure storage on their property. 

I won’t publish their name here, especially given their young age, but make no mistake, I’m aware of who they are.

Suffice it to say that I have been in personal contact with Mr Canning, apprised him of the incident, and forwarded evidence obtained online, for him to pursue as he sees fit. I also made them aware which online group the pictures were found in, and you better bet they’ll be monitoring that from here on in. I shall be following up with Wajax tomorrow.

I urge anyone wishing to approach FIBA Canning regarding access to the bus tread very carefully, if at all. This bus carries a great deal of sentimental value to the family run company and was very dear to company’s late founder. 

I drove by Wajax last Saturday evening and noticed the right tail light panel on the Orion VII was damaged. Looks like someone tried to pry open it without opening the engine door first causing it to twist and partially break off. Guess I know why now. Wonder if it was the same turd who almost froze to death trying to steal parts from the scrap yard last winter....

• Like 1

I'll add on to this by saying the looter has also broken into DRT 8520 while looting the OG and managed to steal the front stop bell, Luminator ODK4, and handheld fire extinguisher, as well as damaged the build plate.

He did it in a very crude way, by cutting the cables with scissors or bruteforcing the cables out along with his desired item.

There are also rumours going around that he was responsible for a recent incident at McNicoll garage, where someone broke into the garage and allegedly stole parts from or intended for 2252.

The looter also had plans to loot Langilles of possible Orion Vs.

On 8/26/2021 at 2:55 AM, Kelvin3157 said:

I’ve also heard of the unconfirmed report from the foreperson that they may have been to McNicoll garage. TTC management and enforcement are aware of the recent incidents.

It may have been two garages according to a discord server but it’s unconfirmed.

13 hours ago, York Transit said:

Wait are these crazy transit enthusiasts or people stealing shit to sell? WTF?

I don’t think he was trying to sell any of the stolen items, but he most likely wanted to do it for clout and attention from people.

On 8/24/2021 at 5:27 PM, Bus_Medic said:

His name is plastered all over Facebook. I'm sure many have sent him messages. With him apparently moving to Alberta, all transit agencies should recieve his information. I am pretty close to saying his name on here and not caring. You deserve to get exposed for something like this.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, G.A said:

His name is plastered all over Facebook. I'm sure many have sent him messages. With him apparently moving to Alberta, all transit agencies should recieve his information. I am pretty close to saying his name on here and not caring. You deserve to get exposed for something like this.

It's true. Back when me and him were friends, he kept saying he was gonna move to Edmonton, then he called it off, and now with the recent lootings and the immense backlash he's receiving, he's dying to get to Edmonton. I have no word on whether he has fled Ontario yet, but I know he's going to leave Ontario soon.

For the record, I did not support or promote the looting, nor did I take anything.

Interesting?

One thing I would be carful about saying who this individual is. If this individual is under the age of 18, he or she is protected under the Yong Offenders Act and you and this forum  may face charges in revealing this individual name. Also unless this individual has been charged in this offence, you may also be sued in slander & deformation.

Remember everyone's presumed incent until proven guilty in a court of law.

11 hours ago, G.A said:

If this individual is under 18, Face Book will need to delete those posts, if this individual faces charged as he or she is protected under the Young Offenders Act, other wise Facebook & those posters may face charges for vialating the Young Offenders Act.

21 hours ago, vancouvertransitfoam said:

It's true. Back when me and him were friends, he kept saying he was gonna move to Edmonton, then he called it off, and now with the recent lootings and the immense backlash he's receiving, he's dying to get to Edmonton. I have no word on whether he has fled Ontario yet, but I know he's going to leave Ontario soon.

For the record, I did not support or promote the looting, nor did I take anything.

What a fucking asshole though

How can you be a transit enthusiast and literally go destroy an artifact