Equinox Bus Lines (equinoxbus.com)

Megabus Rider

I mentioned in the Megabus Page that Equinox Bus Lines is operating a route between Toronto to Upper Canada Village in Morrisburg, ON which stops at Kingston and Gananoque.

After looking at Equinox Bus Lines' website, seems they did mostly Charters and Sightseeing Tours to Niagara Falls, 1000 Islands , New York City and other popular getaway destinations.

So far they operate 2 routes using a similar approach to Megabus in the US by having them identified as route numbers instead of Greyhound schedule numbers which is pretty neat. They have made Toronto has their hub city, again another similar approach to Megabus in the US.

They operate Route E03a which operates between Scarborough - Toronto - Mississauga - Niagara-on-the-lake - Niagara Falls, they seem to do a double run and instead of Scarborough and Mississauga they stop at Pearson Airport which is nice but of course more departures are needed. They operate this route on Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays.

They also operate Route E04a which operates between Mississauga - Toronto - Scarborough - Kingston - Gananoque - Morrisburg and it only operates on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays and it looks like a 1 a day departure.

I notice unlike Rider Express, Equinox is not running a duplicate service to Megabus which makes their service unique by serving Gananoque and Morrisburg for both locals and tourists alike and then you have service between Pearson and Niagara Falls, an attempt to bring back a Greyhound run between Pearson and Niagara Falls.

What makes them more unique is they are operating a smaller vehicle which is cautious of them and probably low cost overheads. I would not be surprised if Equinox buys a Motorcoach next year and put it on a profitable route based on using their smaller vehicle.

As for the booking platform, just like Rider Express, Equinox uses Betterez which is user friendly on both PC and Smartphone devices!

Wish this company success and hopefully like what they did to their Niagara Falls and 1000 Islands Tours, they can convert their 30,000 Islands Tour into Scheduled Bus Service and maybe add a route to Tobermory! Its a unique niche to offer Scheduled Bus Service to Tourist Destinations which benefits both locals and tourists alike!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Megabus Rider said:

As for the booking platform, just like Rider Express, Equinox uses Betterez which is user friendly on both PC and Smartphone devices!

Betterrez is seeing significant growth with companies working to fill Greyhound's void. They're based in Toronto and Ontario Northland was one of their first customers back in 2012. It will be interesting to see if all the companies using the same ticketing platform can work together, as the system seems capable of selling inter-line tickets.

7 hours ago, Flalex72 said:

Betterrez is seeing significant growth with companies working to fill Greyhound's void. They're based in Toronto and Ontario Northland was one of their first customers back in 2012. It will be interesting to see if all the companies using the same ticketing platform can work together, as the system seems capable of selling inter-line tickets.

Cold Shot in Alberta and VI Connector in Vancouver Island also use betterez. I believe Orleans also uses betterez too. 

13 hours ago, Megabus Rider said:

I mentioned in the Megabus Page that Equinox Bus Lines is operating a route between Toronto to Upper Canada Village in Morrisburg, ON which stops at Kingston and Gananoque.

After looking at Equinox Bus Lines' website, seems they did mostly Charters and Sightseeing Tours to Niagara Falls, 1000 Islands , New York City and other popular getaway destinations.

So far they operate 2 routes using a similar approach to Megabus in the US by having them identified as route numbers instead of Greyhound schedule numbers which is pretty neat. They have made Toronto has their hub city, again another similar approach to Megabus in the US.

They operate Route E03a which operates between Scarborough - Toronto - Mississauga - Niagara-on-the-lake - Niagara Falls, they seem to do a double run and instead of Scarborough and Mississauga they stop at Pearson Airport which is nice but of course more departures are needed. They operate this route on Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays.

They also operate Route E04a which operates between Mississauga - Toronto - Scarborough - Kingston - Gananoque - Morrisburg and it only operates on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays and it looks like a 1 a day departure.

I notice unlike Rider Express, Equinox is not running a duplicate service to Megabus which makes their service unique by serving Gananoque and Morrisburg for both locals and tourists alike and then you have service between Pearson and Niagara Falls, an attempt to bring back a Greyhound run between Pearson and Niagara Falls.

What makes them more unique is they are operating a smaller vehicle which is cautious of them and probably low cost overheads. I would not be surprised if Equinox buys a Motorcoach next year and put it on a profitable route based on using their smaller vehicle.

Wish this company success and hopefully like what they did to their Niagara Falls and 1000 Islands Tours, they can convert their 30,000 Islands Tour into Scheduled Bus Service and maybe add a route to Tobermory! Its a unique niche to offer Scheduled Bus Service to Tourist Destinations which benefits both locals and tourists alike!

Rider Express announced on their FB page effective Aug 16 their gonna run a  service from London to Toronto in AM and back in PM!

• 4 weeks later...

Apparently Equinox Bus Lines partnered with Ourbus for their Toronto - Buffalo Airport Run! So Ourbus has now made it into Canada! I noticed with Ourbus you can only book between Toronto (including Scarborough) and Buffalo Airport and, Mississauga and Buffalo Airport but nothing with Niagara Falls, ON except on Equinox Bus Lines' website.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Thought I'll just post it here since Equinox Bus Lines operates with Ourbus. Ourbus has added Boston - Toronto for November 24 and 28, and Toronto - Boston for November 25 and 29. Dattco is shown to be the operator between Toronto and Boston so a Dattco bus will be used for the entire run! This also marks the first time a operator that is operating for 2 competing Tech Companies. Dattco operates for Megabus and now Ourbus!