Calling all TTC transfer collectors! Please feel free to include scans/pictures of TTC bus/streetcar transfers in this thread. I’m trying to collect all the routes, and I’m missing a few, especially blue night.

If you have any blue night transfers please add to this thread.

Discontinued routes are also welcomed but I am interested in any TTC transfer.

Speaking of paper transfers... how long does the TTC plan to use them? Other transit agencies have thermal printers that just print the transfer like on the streetcars.

Cash payment is still probably gonna be accepted for a long time, and these archaic transfers are from an era gone by.

47 minutes ago, MK78 said:

Speaking of paper transfers... how long does the TTC plan to use them? Other transit agencies have thermal printers that just print the transfer like on the streetcars.

Cash payment is still probably gonna be accepted for a long time, and these archaic transfers are from an era gone by.

When they figure out how to print transfers that work on the turnstiles. Especially with the downtown U section on Line 1 except for Wellesley which don't have fare paid zones. Having to show transfer for the ticket collector to verify before letting the passenger through. 

Off-hand I know Ottawa's OC Transpo has the QR reader code for the regular transfers and one day passes that can be scanned at the turnstiles. Vancouver on the other hand, if you pay with cash on-board a bus route and transferring to SkyTrain, the passenger would have to purchase a new ticket at the station that will work on the turnstiles. Paying twice in that case. 

Cash payment will be around long-term, but most likely the cost of retrofitting to accommodate a small volume isn't worthwhile. Especially with Presto cards and tickets being the major push marketing the benefits such as two-hour transfers. Something that isn't provided with cash fares which is still a one-way continuous transfer. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, GTAmissions1 said:

Off-hand I know Ottawa's OC Transpo has the QR reader code for the regular transfers and one day passes that can be scanned at the turnstiles.  

Which also accepts the Sto's old school transfers ( they have a Qr code on them) the Multi day pases are on reloadable Smart Cards 

I can't see why the TTC can't get Qr code readers on the turnstiles & have Qr codes printed on the transfers.

5 hours ago, Torontobusphotography said:

@H4 5600 is the CHAPLIN transfer the same route as the present day 14 Glencairn bus? 

Sad that they wouldn’t print special transfers for the Santa Claus Parade nowadays. Different times...

Heres a map of the 14 chaplin routing from transit toronto.

14-chaplin-10.thumb.jpg.dcc7f99e505cd00cf3db8a37fab2b337.jpg

As for the santa claus parade and grey cup transfers, my guess is they were for some sort of shuttle service for those events. I could be wrong though, if anyone knows anything more about those please reply.

• 3 weeks later...