MT0603

NFTA-Metro

1 minute ago, I Alam said:

It's probably a lack of funding. There's only so may road you can fix at a time.

It might be the reason why new buses run there tho.

Primary corridor out of the city of Buffalo.  Should be one of the first to be worked on, regardless of the funding.

12 hours ago, map.man (Darrin) said:

Primary corridor out of the city of Buffalo.  Should be one of the first to be worked on, regardless of the funding.

Eh, I don't run the DOT here who knows what goes through their heads 🤷‍♂️

On 9/22/2018 at 3:35 PM, map.man (Darrin) said:

Which numbers?

They were just the 8400's. They park them at the north end of their road in front of the garage. The MV-1's get parked outside in back as these vehicles don't currently see weekend service. Really only the 8200's go out on weekends that I know of.

Just came across this on E-Bay.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Original-Route-3-Grant-Street-Bus-Railway-Sign-Buffalo-Metro-New-York-Sign/283199307142?hash=item41effe7d86:g:JtIAAOSwaY9bunTi:rk:3:pf:1&frcectupt=true

A *little* outside my price range, but pretty cool to look at, regardless.

Was this an actual sign from the International Railway, or possible pre-dating them?

First I came across a stop sign of that style.

route 3.jpg

• Like 2

Slightly off topic, but mentioning it, since it's just across the border from us.

Sticking out:  " Changes are coming to Welland transit — due in large to part to a 400 per cent increase in ridership of those using the system earlier in the day."

Oh.  My.  God.  I can only wish this for Buffalo.

Welland recently reconfigured its nighttime services to reflect the same routing of the day service, from a two-route loop system after 6:00pm, and added entirely new Sunday services that were not offered recently.  Good to see a major expansion with numbers that look so promising.

https://www.stcatharinesstandard.ca/news-story/9072984-welland-transit-starting-engines-earlier-in-new-year/

Any news on if a Niagara Region Transit or Niagara Falls Transit bus came over to Buffalo?

Could swear I had seen an Orion 7 with their markings laying over at Amtrak-Exchange Street Station a couple minutes ago when my bus entered the 190-South.

• Like 1

On 1/24/2019 at 5:24 PM, tomsbuspage said:

I’m more surprised they had tokens, I’ve never seen one.

Also NFTA & Stampede have been doing a great job operating in the storm going on right now. All the NFTA buses I’m seeing are on or close to schedule and the Stampede managed to run all night and even now which is impressive. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, I Alam said:

I’m more surprised they had tokens, I’ve never seen one. 

Actually, I have a few from a trip to Buffalo in 2004.  They're made of brass and are 16 mm in diameter, the same size as a TTC token.  One side says "Buffalo New York" and the other says "Good For One City Fare":

https://tramsstophere.files.wordpress.com/2010/11/nftatoken.jpg

• Like 3

On 1/30/2019 at 12:58 PM, tomsbuspage said:

Actually, I have a few from a trip to Buffalo in 2004.  They're made of brass and are 16 mm in diameter, the same size as a TTC token.  One side says "Buffalo New York" and the other says "Good For One City Fare":

https://tramsstophere.files.wordpress.com/2010/11/nftatoken.jpg

Can you still buy them anywhere?

10 hours ago, I Alam said:

Can you still buy them anywhere?

I'm sure you could find someone at Utica Station selling them! If you are really lucky you will find a half fare day pass with the numbers for the date taped on. In all seriousness, I think they were only given to organizations to give out. ECMC used to give two tokens to a patient if they asked.

The NFTA implemented an online pass and ticketing app feature this morning, operated by Token Transit.

With your smart phone, you can order one-way, day, weekly and monthly passes.

The app displays an operating ID screen that disappears, once it becomes inactive.

The NFTA also recommends that users activate the one-way fare when the bus is in sight, since it has a fifteen minute time limit before deactivating.  Drivers are unable to confirm that a passenger has paid after that time period.  The rail allows a twenty minute total active state (the app would require it's use as a POP), and passengers activate their ticket before going underground in the station.

http://metro.nfta.com/tokentransit/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, map.man (Darrin) said:

The NFTA implemented an online pass and ticketing app feature this morning, operated by Token Transit.

With your smart phone, you can order one-way, day, weekly and monthly passes.

I believe only day passes and single trips can be purchased at this time.

8 hours ago, edison said:

I believe only day passes and single trips can be purchased at this time.

I do stand corrected.

Saw a laundry list of offerings and jumped the gun on *what* exactly was available.

Sorry for the confusion.