MT0603

NFTA-Metro

1,694 posts in this topic

14 minutes ago, Quartzquiz said:

Saw it on the 22 Porter-Best today, along with 1717.

Cold Spring probably got 1717-24, and will send 1210-14 to Babcock?

Metro's new schedules for June are posted on the website now.

From what I gathered:

---1,2,4 will serve and layover at MTC.

---14,16 extend to Buffalo Niagara Medical Campus on hourly basis.

---11 on weekends cuts half the trips short to as far as Paramount only.

---A lot of other routes are going to more consistent "clockface" intervals.

Enjoy!  I'm still waiting to see the mess that will occur with the 1-2-4 service into the terminal.  I see lengthy backups with buses trying to pull in and back up, and a passenger or two will be hurt while trying to run for the bus from behind when a bus is backing out, or directly towards it...holding up bus movements.

1 & 2 will depart from gates 17 or 18

4 will depart from gates 19 or 20.

3 hours ago, deandre.moye said:

1722 in service on the 23 Fillmore today.

3 hours ago, Quartzquiz said:

Saw it on the 22 Porter-Best today, along with 1717.

Same guy does both runs... Starts on the 23 and finishes on the 22.

2 hours ago, deandre.moye said:

Cold Spring probably got 1717-24, and will send 1210-14 to Babcock?

Probably 1209-1213

1 hour ago, edison said:

20170608_161726.jpg

It would be totally awesome if they get some of these!

Been trying to do a little digging, after hearing that some past NFTA buses (6000 range, if not mistaken) were shipped to Africa (late 1990's-2000's) for use in transit systems there.

Can anyone confirm this, additional info, if the series number is correct, who got them....?  Is there information on any other systems that regularly do this?

1 person likes this

4 hours ago, map.man (Darrin) said:

Been trying to do a little digging, after hearing that some past NFTA buses (6000 range, if not mistaken) were shipped to Africa (late 1990's-2000's) for use in transit systems there.

Can anyone confirm this, additional info, if the series number is correct, who got them....?  Is there information on any other systems that regularly do this?

I'm not sure about that, but I do recall NFTA sending several 5000 and 6000 series buses to Atlanta for the 1996 Olympics.

1213 was at C.S. today. More changes to come. Waiting to see what gets retired, have not seen 2112 2116 2233 2239 in a while.

13 hours ago, edison said:

1213 was at C.S. today. More changes to come. Waiting to see what gets retired, have not seen 2112 2116 2233 2239 in a while.

Wow. 1213 was on the 4 Broadway on Tuesday. 

3 hours ago, deandre.moye said:

Wow. 1213 was on the 4 Broadway on Tuesday. 

I saw 1213 on the 8 Main Tuesday afternoon at about 1PM.

The 7 Baynes-Richmond bus will no longer serve Allen Street. It will run on North Street inbound and outbound, turning right on Virginia Street outbound.

23 minutes ago, Quartzquiz said:

The 7 Baynes-Richmond bus will no longer serve Allen Street. It will run on North Street inbound and outbound, turning right on Virginia Street outbound.

I'm curious if the move will improve the running times on the 7-line during rush hour.

Allen is too narrow for most any bus traffic, let alone regular traffic.  North is usually slammed during rush-hours heading toward the medical campus in the morning, and from the medical campus between 3-7pm.  I can imagine how horrible it might get if Children's starts operations, and the added Medical School traffic.

If the traffic becomes too unbearable, what would prevent them from operating Richmond, over Summer Street to Main, like the 22-Porter-Best line?  It's a short distance from the medical campus (quite walkable) and would still be able to serve the medical campus over Main Street.

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, map.man (Darrin) said:

If the traffic becomes too unbearable, what would prevent them from operating Richmond, over Summer Street to Main, like the 22-Porter-Best line?  It's a short distance from the medical campus (quite walkable) and would still be able to serve the medical campus over Main Street.

Not a bad idea, rather walk the short distance than be late stuck in traffic! The outbound is the same as before?

Edited by edison
1 person likes this

No sugarplums and dancing fairies from the looks of this article.  However, Kim Minkel is proud of her accomplishments, and completely contradicts herself in a later part of the article...

"For her part, Minkel pointed to a series of successes during her seven-year tenure: maintaining and expanding services, providing excellent customer service, and being a good steward of the NFTA's $222 million budget. She's not politically naive, she said, but views her first loyalty to the customers the transportation agency serves.

"My focus since becoming the executive director of the NFTA has been to focus on the people that we serve," Minkel said. "That's where I spent my time and my effort. I think the accomplishments of the authority bear out that spending my time there have paid off."

...and later

" The authority has weathered some tough times and controversy during Minkel's tenure, including bus route rollbacks and declines in Metro Rail ridership. But Minkel pointed to high customer service ratings at Buffalo Niagara International Airport, the dramatic growth of Niagara Falls International Airport, plans to extend the Metro Rail line and selling Outer Harbor property as examples of achievement."

One of the commentors in the "comments" section minced no words:

" "Minkel has the respect and loyalty of her managers and the majority of employees at the agency"

The largest union which accounts for 1100 of her employees voted nearly unanimously last year in a vote of "no confidence" in Kim Minkel.

Phil Wilcox is a traitor to the labor movement and has gone to few (if any) commissioners meetings in the last two years so how would he know if things were "magnificent"?

The fact is many of the politicians (some mentioned in this article) are just as guilty as Mrs. Minkel.

Politicians have known about issues with the agency for over a year and have given lip service responses to the NFTA workers and public transportation rider advocates. The only ones that have stood up for what's right until now are Senator Kennedy, Mark Schroeder, Councilman Chris Scanlon and Michael Kearns.
The fact is politicians are only jumping on now because ride sharing is the sexy issue of the day.

Politicians are just as guilty as NFTA management until they hold the NFTA accountable for everyday public transportation issues with buses and the rail and give the proper funding to operate the system WNY deserves."

http://buffalonews.com/2017/07/03/nfta-leader-fire-ride-hailing-fees-lack-political-instincts/

Posted (edited)

Video showing a brief look at the garage by the NFTA... (There are also other videos for body shop, unit change, etc)

*If anybody knows how to shrink the video size so the post isn't so large please let me know. Thanks.

Edited by edison
1 person likes this

Wow, is 9623 still on the property?  The video is fairly recent given that we see a 1600 in the background of one shot.

On 7/15/2017 at 10:55 AM, RailBus63 said:

Wow, is 9623 still on the property?  The video is fairly recent given that we see a 1600 in the background of one shot.

Some of the clips are older, almost a year old. But 9623 is not on the property. I don't recall it being auctioned. Somebody said there is a 9600 in the Tonawanda Quarry blown up. 9611 is still on property though.