MT0603

NFTA-Metro

1,632 posts in this topic

Hell has frozen over! 1501 is in service! Saw it on the 40 Grand Island downtown and actually took a pic of it! 

From what I saw it still has the original wheelchair seats it came with. It also has its fleet number on the windshield and the NFTA Metro graphic that was on the upper rear of the bus was moved to the lower rear to match the other buses. 

IMG_0228.JPG

3 people like this

hey guys, anyone know what the best spots to find 20 and 21 series buses? Also, are they ever used in niagara county on any routes there? 

The 2100s (specifically the early 2100s) are sometimes in Niagara Falls, but never the 2000s. The 2000s are only at the Cold Spring garage and that garage mostly run on Buffalo's East Side.

Best bet: Downtown Buffalo on a weekday. 

1 person likes this

On 12/28/2016 at 11:01 PM, Quartzquiz said:

The 2100s (specifically the early 2100s) are sometimes in Niagara Falls, but never the 2000s. The 2000s are only at the Cold Spring garage and that garage mostly run on Buffalo's East Side.

Best bet: Downtown Buffalo on a weekday. 

I actually saw a few 2100s running this afternoon on the Sunday/Holiday schedule.

Also, Cold Spring and Babcock only run during the week; all weekend/holiday runs operate out of Frontier. So, you won't see any 2000s running on the weekends. I did notice a couple 2000s running as of Friday afternoon.

1 person likes this

Noticed 1501 is in service on the #34 line this afternoon.  Funny, 1601 is running opposite it. :P

11 hours ago, map.man (Darrin) said:

Noticed 1501 is in service on the #34 line this afternoon.  Funny, 1601 is running opposite it. :P

Oddly, the same two buses seem to that on the 40 Grand Island as well.

BTW, you can add 2504 to the Key Bank wrapped buses.