NFTA-Metro

MT0603

Just now, I Alam said:

While that’s true it’s a massive service cut, from the existing 204.

I wouldn't say it's entirely massive.  The 24X and 24L will take place of the present service, although the 24L will take a longer period to get downtown.

The schedule also becomes a little more standardized that the 204, with more evenly spaced service, and later service in the evening.

If you look at the timing for the buses too, the 24L also shaves only about 7 minutes off the 24AB service and adds another 10-12 minutes from the 204's present times.

I can bet that the mid-day trips showed a very poor ridership, and they had to find ways of improving passengers numbers.  Instead of delivering no express service, they opted to limit the stops and inconvience for a few extra minutes over requiring a long local trip into Buffalo.

17 hours ago, Mitsubishi Fuso 6512 said:

Niagara Frontier Transportation Authority Had 1993 Orion V CNG buses including 1994 New Flyer D40LF. 

These photos goes to G. Donnelly of Flickr. 

2019-06-10_11-44-39.jpg

2019-06-10_11-44-34.jpg

2019-06-10_11-44-12.jpg

2019-06-10_11-44-06.jpg

When were those 1993 Orion V CNGs retired and were they ever repowered?

5 hours ago, Quartzquiz said:

They were pretty much gone by 2001. Can't tell you the exact date but they were retired very prematurely.

What about 1991 Orion V Diesel for Niagara Frontier Transportation Authority 

5 hours ago, Quartzquiz said:

They were pretty much gone by 2001. Can't tell you the exact date but they were retired very prematurely.

Did you look at Wikipedia for fleet roster

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFTA_fleet

On 6/12/2019 at 5:30 PM, Chris.A said:

When were those 1993 Orion V CNGs retired and were they ever repowered?

I was told that one guy bought them all, and the plan was to convert them to diesel because they were such a headache as CNG's. Whether or not that happened, I have no idea.

Anybody notice the past week that the destination sign fonts have changed? Seems like the wording is thinner. Saw the 4B Downtown, and the "Downtown" wasn't centered, it was really close to the 4B. Noticed a lot of buses that had the side sign display on the front, and the rear number on the side.

2 hours ago, edison said:

Anybody notice the past week that the destination sign fonts have changed? Seems like the wording is thinner. Saw the 4B Downtown, and the "Downtown" wasn't centered, it was really close to the 4B. Noticed a lot of buses that had the side sign display on the front, and the rear number on the side.

This I'll have to see. I always thought that the info on the side sign should be on front like most transit agencies in the world.

8 minutes ago, Quartzquiz said:

Okay, having seen a few buses it looks like the displays are now matching the ones for the 1800 buses in style if not design. On the 8 Main it says "8A UNIVERSITY STATION" on the display all at once instead of flipping between two screens. 

Noticed myself, yesterday, and thought it was my eyes.

New programming installed, or new hardware?

Hello. I am new to this forum. I ride the NFTA almost everyday to and from school. I find it pretty cool. My favorite buses are the 2017-18 Novabus LFS Diesels (1717-1724 & 1817-1824). I have a lot of pictures if you want to see them just let me know and I'll ask questions if i have any. Glad to be a part of this!

13 hours ago, Quartzquiz said:

Okay, having seen a few buses it looks like the displays are now matching the ones for the 1800 buses in style if not design. On the 8 Main it says "8A UNIVERSITY STATION" on the display all at once instead of flipping between two screens. 

I saw that on a 2010 Gillig today and I thought it was strange. The day before the 11 was changed too. Usually it goes "11D Tonawanda" "Industrial park" but what I saw was "11D Tonawanda" "11D Industrial park".

3 hours ago, Brobinson said:

Hello. I am new to this forum. I ride the NFTA almost everyday to and from school. I find it pretty cool. My favorite buses are the 2017-18 Novabus LFS Diesels (1717-1724 & 1817-1824). I have a lot of pictures if you want to see them just let me know and I'll ask questions if i have any. Glad to be a part of this!

I saw that on a 2010 Gillig today and I thought it was strange. The day before the 11 was changed too. Usually it goes "11D Tonawanda" "Industrial park" but what I saw was "11D Tonawanda" "11D Industrial park".

Welcome aboard and enjoy the ride! ?

Coincidentally I rode bus 1006 on the 11 Colvin from downtown late yesterday morning. The display was exactly as you said.

On ‎6‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 11:01 AM, map.man (Darrin) said:

Noticed myself, yesterday, and thought it was my eyes.

New programming installed, or new hardware?

It was part of a update. Signs update periodically in the garage. Fareboxes update when the vaults get pulled.

On ‎6‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 1:29 PM, tomsbuspage said:

Anyone have pictures of those buses?

Unfortunately I only have pictures taken for Auctions International. Minus the 500's.

213a -324765 mi.jpg

213b.jpg

213c.jpg

213d.jpg

213e.jpg

404a -416628.jpg

404b.jpg

404c.jpg

404d.jpg

404e.jpg

922a -293977.jpg

922b.jpg

922c.jpg

922d.jpg

922e.jpg

922f.jpg

12-12-2010_014.JPG

12-12-2010_015.JPG

• Like 2

19 hours ago, edison said:

It was part of a update. Signs update periodically in the garage. Fareboxes update when the vaults get pulled.

Unfortunately I only have pictures taken for Auctions International. Minus the 500's.

I see from the Orion V photos that a least a few of those buses received the updated paint scheme.

5 hours ago, map.man (Darrin) said:

Misprogrammed, showing the side route instead.

Nothing drivers did.

Ahh I see. Also I'm starting to see changes in some of the CNG Nova's destination signs when going inbound to downtown. It isn't changed on all of them though. I'm also seeing the 1500 series buses missing windshield numbers. Here's some pictures of the changes of the destination signs.

20190510_161802.jpg

20190618_112033.jpg

• 2 weeks later...