NFTA-Metro

MT0603

One of them was killed, between Utica and Summer stations, late in the evening, correct?  I remember hearing about that one.

I'm wondering if the NFTA has noticed that people are jumping into the tunnels (like at University Station) to write in the dust that's accumulated on the walls of the tunnel in the station.  Once, there was a little "colorful" language sitting across from the platform.  Surprisingly, it was cleaned up the next time I went down.

Doesn't the NFTA have a pressurized washer that they can drive on the tracks?  Seems like they can cover a lot more territory in a short period of time, rather than running a rag only over the offending language?  It looks like they don't really care about the big picture.

Overall, I think Delavan is by far, the worst station.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RailBus63 said:

What are the 1700's going to replace?

Assuming the worst and highest mileage of the 2100's and the 2200's.  I don't think the 2000's are as bad, but they may be arriving retirement soon, too.

I'm dying to see the 2400's go.  Too small for passenger demand, and the schedulers always seems to have them on busy routes when they're not appropriate....but that might also be from multiple interlining on many routes.  Was on a rush-hour trip on route 25 one day, and we had two wheelchairs on a 2400.  Add to that, the whole entire trip was standing room only, we were literally on each other.

Quick note:  just saw the 2017-2018 budget, and the buses expected in this order are 16 CNG and 8 Diesel.  Assuming with that information, 1701-1716 will be CNG, 1717-1724 will be Diesel.

Highly unlikely that there will be 26 buses, that I've seen floating around on some messages.

Am going to correct the wiki with the documented information.

6 hours ago, map.man (Darrin) said:

Quick note:  just saw the 2017-2018 budget, and the buses expected in this order are 16 CNG and 8 Diesel.  Assuming with that information, 1701-1716 will be CNG, 1717-1724 will be Diesel.

Highly unlikely that there will be 26 buses, that I've seen floating around on some messages.

Am going to correct the wiki with the documented information.

That makes more sense... Which is why 1717 is a diesel.

• Like 1

Just now, map.man (Darrin) said:

I was hoping that the fleet numbers wouldn't be mixed, which would make the wiki a little more confusing to look at.

Yeah... I messed that up. Originally it was supposed to be 18 CNG buses and 6 diesel buses. When they switched it to eight diesels, I didn't subtract the two from the CNG group!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎4‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 7:32 PM, edison said:

Yeah... I messed that up. Originally it was supposed to be 18 CNG buses and 6 diesel buses. When they switched it to eight diesels, I didn't subtract the two from the CNG group!

That wasn't a problem...was hoping that something that 1701-1703 weren't going to be diesel, 1704-1705 CNG, etc, etc...

2 minutes ago, Quartzquiz said:

Only 1011 has been sent to Babcock. 1209 has been sent as well.

Still waiting for license plates and fare boxes for the 1700s.

Surprisingly, some of the license plates that are used already follow some form of consistency.  Not going to fill in the blanks, but they do appear that you can deduce the VIN series by the plate numbers.  Only issue is if they are not that way...don't want to put the accuracy at risk.

So Metro announced the proposals of changes to the #1, 2 & 4 lines to end at the Transportation Center, rather than the West 4th and Genesee terminal that's presently used.

I can see better connections to route number 15, but the trips already connect to the #3, 5, 11, 20, 25, 40 at the Court Street area, as well as #6, 8, 14, 16, 24 and 36 near the library or Washington Street at Broadway.

Is there a specific reason to take service out of the area behind City Hall (which would eliminate service entirely), and duplicate services along Pearl and Franklin Streets which are already busy enough with the streets going two-way.

I'm curious what this is going to do to running times, and if it will create excessive delays.

18620355_689780177899772_696451334425014584_n.png